Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Monkei » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:26 am

Zoltor wrote:
south carmain wrote: I don't think this thread is for you zoltor as "thoughts" implies thinking.

I'm posting facts asshole.

It would've happened even without Sony, maybe it would've ended up as a digital only, or a more strictly story based game(aka like Yu said would happen if the kickstarter just hit the 2m goal), but it would've happened even without Sony.

Please look up what 'aka' means. And 'fact', while you're at it, in contrast to 'opinion' and 'speculation'.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:08 am

Monkei wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
south carmain wrote: I don't think this thread is for you zoltor as "thoughts" implies thinking.

I'm posting facts asshole.

It would've happened even without Sony, maybe it would've ended up as a digital only, or a more strictly story based game(aka like Yu said would happen if the kickstarter just hit the 2m goal), but it would've happened even without Sony.

Please look up what 'aka' means. And 'fact', while you're at it, in contrast to 'opinion' and 'speculation'.

Sony Isn't even a minor aspect to what made Shenmue 3 happen, the only reason Sony publishing matters at all, is they wave their insane lic fees. Without Sony, it just wouldn't end up on the PS 4.

It wouldn't end up on the XBOX One either, but due to a different reason(s), they don't allow indie developers to self publish(not to mention, they probally wouldn't allow a pure adventure game on their system anyway).

It would still be coming out for the PC, and most likely the NX. All Sony did, was take something that was already going to happen(Yu found out about Kickstarter beforehand, not after the fact, and not from Sony). It was going to happen, all Sony did was buy exclusivity rights, by offering to handle publishing on their console, and marketing.

It's a PR stunt, and wow what a PR stunt it was, I don't blame Sony, It's a smart move, but morons give Sony credit that they shouldn't be getting. Son'y didn't say ok, use kickstarter to prove to us that people want it, then we'll give you all the extra funding you need(believe me, I wish that were the case, but It's not). Sony Isn't funding the development at all sigh.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Zoltor, please stop.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:51 pm

mrandyk wrote: Zoltor, please stop.

SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:34 pm

We know that it's a story about overcoming revenge and hatred, so I ponder if Lan Di will actually become a friend of ryo, or maybe just appear at the end to aid ryo in something.

I don't know how I would feel about something like that (or even changing the main antagonist midway to someone like tentei).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Ad.earns » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm just thinking about when we'll see something next, i know it's only been in development for a short time but after all these years it's hard to stay patient. We all got so moist when we saw the most recent update but even still it wasn't much
Ad.earns
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Filthyskin
Steam: Dirtskin
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Zoltor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:29 pm

shredingskin wrote: We know that it's a story about overcoming revenge and hatred, so I ponder if Lan Di will actually become a friend of ryo, or maybe just appear at the end to aid ryo in something.

I don't know how I would feel about something like that (or even changing the main antagonist midway to someone like tentei).

That's not going to happen lol, It's about Ryo overcoming such, where with Lan Di, It's already way too late. Lan Di has also been completely devoured by greed at this point as well, he's pure evil now.

to the fools: It's pretty damn sad, you think Sony has any noteable role in Shenmue 3, all they did was take something that was "already going to happen", and use it to make them look good. Sony is not a factor in Shenmue 3 happening, a key factor of it ending up on the PS4 sure(no indie developer could afford Sony's insane lic fees), but not in any way, shape or form, a factor of in being made in of its self.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:48 pm

shredingskin wrote: We know that it's a story about overcoming revenge and hatred, so I ponder if Lan Di will actually become a friend of ryo, or maybe just appear at the end to aid ryo in something.

If this happens, I'm like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_Ca45JRFs
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Only halfway through the month. These updates get harder to wait for
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SMDzero » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Peter wrote: Only halfway through the month. These updates get harder to wait for

I'm basically mainly looking forward to this December.. won't we have a concrete preview and near-to-release demo by then?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby mrandyk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:14 pm

SMDzero wrote:
Peter wrote: Only halfway through the month. These updates get harder to wait for

I'm basically mainly looking forward to this December.. won't we have a concrete preview and near-to-release demo by then?

I think we should see some gameplay footage by the end of this year, but what do you mean by near-to-release demo? I think we are a good year away from seeing "near-to-release" anything.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:40 pm

I was under the impression that a Shenmue 3 demo would drop in early 2017?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:17 am

I don't know what anybody - devs or fans - would have to gain from the demo being released so early.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:16 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I don't know what anybody - devs or fans - would have to gain from the demo being released so early.

It's not really too early to have a demo be released less than a year before the drop date.....
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:53 am

I think they may release the demo a few months before the game release. It seems they have just started working with real models and such for what Suzuki said in his last video. Even in the last update we could saw and early model of Shen Hua ( I think it's E3 model )...
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III