Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:32 am

Knowing the development pattern being used for Shenmue 3, a playable demo released potentially twelve months before the game would hardly be representative.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am

Today Cedric had tweeted that this will be the year of the shenmue 3 release, so I thinks a few months before we could have the demo.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 6040029184

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 am

Hazuki00 wrote: Today Cedric had tweeted that this will be the year of the shenmue 3 release, so I thinks a few months before we could have the demo.

I'd better get that gaming computer built...
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shmoozip » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:55 pm

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Hazuki00 wrote: Today Cedric had tweeted that this will be the year of the shenmue 3 release, so I thinks a few months before we could have the demo.

I'd better get that gaming computer built...

i think shenmue should be played on a console. yet i still have to decide if i want it on pc or ps4. i get disturbed by my kids. and my man cave has a pc.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:59 am

Corey Marshall is extremely liberal and hates Trump. So many Shenmue fans are... inexplicably (to me) Trump supporters. The vast majority of Shenmue fans support and are glad that Corey Marshall is revising his role as the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki. Furthermore, the character Ryo Hazuki himself would be considered pretty damn liberal himself, outside of his whole revenge quest thing which he is honestly expected to give up on at some point and focus on the greater picture of Shenmue world which hasn't really been revealed yet but is probably more important than a few peoples deaths in the grand scheme of things.

And no I am not looking to start a conversation or an argument, I'm just pointing out how I find it quite ironic that so many peoples hero, in real life and in-game they would call a snowflake or a cuck if they personally knew them outside of gaming.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mystere » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

ShenmueTree wrote: Corey Marshall is extremely liberal and hates Trump. So many Shenmue fans are... inexplicably (to me) Trump supporters. The vast majority of Shenmue fans support and are glad that Corey Marshall is revising his role as the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki. Furthermore, the character Ryo Hazuki himself would be considered pretty damn liberal himself, outside of his whole revenge quest thing which he is honestly expected to give up on at some point and focus on the greater picture of Shenmue world which hasn't really been revealed yet but is probably more important than a few peoples deaths in the grand scheme of things.

And no I am not looking to start a conversation or an argument, I'm just pointing out how I find it quite ironic that so many peoples hero, in real life and in-game they would call a snowflake or a cuck if they personally knew them outside of gaming.

When did Ryo Hazuki being "pretty damn liberal" become apparent to you? Was it when he assumed Lishao Tao was a man, or was it when he beat up that transvestite in the zebra pants?

Mystere has received 3 thanks from: Abraham_1, jasonorme666, ShenGCH
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby jasonorme666 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am

Mystere wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote: Corey Marshall is extremely liberal and hates Trump. So many Shenmue fans are... inexplicably (to me) Trump supporters. The vast majority of Shenmue fans support and are glad that Corey Marshall is revising his role as the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki. Furthermore, the character Ryo Hazuki himself would be considered pretty damn liberal himself, outside of his whole revenge quest thing which he is honestly expected to give up on at some point and focus on the greater picture of Shenmue world which hasn't really been revealed yet but is probably more important than a few peoples deaths in the grand scheme of things.

When did Ryo Hazuki being "pretty damn liberal" become apparent to you? Was it when he assumed Lishao Tao was a man, or was it when he beat up that transvestite in the zebra pants?

Best post ever.

jasonorme666 has received a thanks from: Mystere
jasonorme666

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Mystere wrote:

Ryo didn't beat her up because she was trans, so.. I don't see your point. And it's not like liberal people are immune to self-defense regardless, and assuming someone is a certain gender before meeting them based on all their entire past experience does not mean that they're any less liberal, and you also have to take in the fact that the game takes place in the 80s... in Japan, so yes, Ryo's very liberal for his time as he tries to treat everyone with respect, befriends foreigners, is not a xenophobic arse, fights for others, and is genuinely a good person outside his quest for revenge. Anyway, this is all me saying this AFTER I've already established I do not wish to start a conversation or an argument regarding my thoughts because they were just that, a thought. So henceforth let it be clear, I don't care to engage with you or anyone else about this topic, in the end, we're all free to our opinions yes, and this is an entirely subjective thing to observe, since no one can really say for sure one way or the other except the actual writers of the series.

But hey, here's another random Shenmue thought. Shenmue is a great series, but some of its fans are the biggest shits. I include myself in that because I am sure I am likewise to all those that I find insufferable.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Ryo’s father was killed by someone who illegally entered the country, quite clear he’d vote for someone who would stop that kinda thing from happening.

Also nice to know that people who lean right can’t be friends with foreigners.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: jasonorme666
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby jasonorme666 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Ryo’s father was killed by someone who illegally entered the country, quite clear he’d vote for someone who would stop that kinda thing from happening.

Also nice to know that people who lean right can’t be friends with foreigners.

I was thinking the same thing, apparently, it's only liberals who are selfless and help others out, feed orphaned cats and drink cola in two attempts.
Has the world become so black and white that we have to start giving fictional characters a political affiliation.

I play games to get away from politics and how messed up the world is.

jasonorme666 has received a thanks from: Abraham_1
jasonorme666

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Mystere wrote:

No, no, no - it's because he is friends with a 'Person of Colour™' in Tom. I must say, however, Ryo's cultural appropriation of African American rituals, in the form of their inventive fist-bump on disc three, really is quite offensive to oppressed and marginalised peoples, so I'm surprised he partook in such. Don't even get me started on his assumption of Gao Wen's nationality. In fact, Ryo might just be one of the most racist characters in all of video games.

...Or maybe that's just complete bollocks?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Abraham_1, BlueCreeperBoy12
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Let me just say I’m glad Corey speaks his mind. I’m one of the few who actually think celebrities should use their platform to spread their beliefs—if they choose to do so. It’s much braver than saying nothing. Corey is clearly passionate about his beliefs and does not hide himself from his followers. That’s a risk he takes but it’s who he is.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III