Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Get over it. No one is coming in and dumping millions of dollars into a third game in a series they don’t care about. Even if they did, would you expect those funds to magically improve a game that’s meant to be released in a few months’ time?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:35 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Get over it. No one is coming in and dumping millions of dollars into a third game in a series they don’t care about. Even if they did, would you expect those funds to magically improve a game that’s meant to be released in a few months’ time?

But I've already found an investor. In fact, Ys Net have forwarded a representative to look into it. I have the loan document to prove it.

And yes, $50 million would be like magic! I mean you know, they could always delay it.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Pretty amazing a 14-year-old on Twitter could source $50 million for Shenmue III, but it took Yu Suzuki nearly two decades to fund a third game with the meager budget you’re so disappointed in. You are a miracle worker... or I’m just wasting my time on a very effective troll.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:42 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Pretty amazing a 14-year-old on Twitter could source $50 million for Shenmue III, but it took Yu Suzuki nearly two decades to fund a third game with the meager budget you’re so disappointed in. You are a miracle worker... or I’m just wasting my time on a very effective troll.

I don't use Twitter. I've already confirmed I'm not that guy. I have went about with a more intelligent method. You see, even if you did get some celebrity on Twitter to say "yes I'll do it", Chances are, they'd soon change their mind because Ys Net takes a while to respond back. No, you need investors that genuinely want to fund it so they have the patience to wait it out. I have fortunately, found just the one!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Ok.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:47 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Ok.

In a few days or so, it will happen. Never have I been so sure about it but now, it is definetly time.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby swimingdeer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

The talk about some people being "kids" made me think again about something I read :
Shenmue was made to appeal to a wide audience, by being "gentle" with the player.
(not really sure about the word used)

So, I'm thinking that it might be why S3 could reach new players :
If it is done with the same spirit as S1 and S2, then it should still be "gentle" and, then,
S3 being accessible to a young and old public (in fact, accessible to all, in the end)
could make its success, for I feel that there is quite a decrease
in game made with old and young public in mind.

In the end, S3 may found its success by being a proof that a good game can be done,
while not being aimed at a single demographic.
(With a concept like :
"Games can unite people regardless of whoever they are, and let them share their feeling.")

Maybe the best aspect of S3 is then its part of a franchise, accessible to all ?
swimingdeer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby jasonorme666 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
redline wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: At least the Dojo wasn't referenced in this.

yeah, saw this today. a bit silly imo ](*,)

i know people beg bill gates for money all the time but he only helps the seriously poor, like those in the 3rd world.

anyway from what ive read, some of the best projects (movies/games etc) tend to be made when there is limited funds. ..an unlimited budget does not equal success. i believe shenmue 3 will be good because Yu Suzuki is one of the best + its his passion project.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/06/worl ... ickstarter

Okay I got a question. How great do you think Shenmue I and II would have been without their huge budgets? Exactly, so it's the same with Shenmue III.

Limited funds automatically mean it can't be one of the best because in order for that to happen, you need the best resources. Yes with limited funds you can make something good, but in order to be the best possible you need the best of everything.

Because back then it was a technical masterpiece, it pushed boundaries and was very expensive to produce.
The open world game was a very new idea, a fully orchestrated soundtrack, fully voiced dialogue, it was expensive because it hadn't really been done.
Now we have all kinds of tools and engines available that make team productivity faster and cheaper.
Last week, for example, I coded a final fight style beat em up engine, granted, it still needs tweaking but back in 1990 that would have had a large team working on it for a much longer period of time.

Just look how reflections, shadows, and lighting work now, those were very hard to achieve. Now with things like Unity they come standard. Place down a light source, tick if you want an object to cast a shadow.. done. Same with reflections.

The budget Shenmue 1 & 2 had just wouldn't be needed for a project this big. A lot can be achieved with small budgets, it just means you have to be creative, a bit thrifty and don't outsource stuff if you really don't have to.
jasonorme666
Master of the Three Blades

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm

what we need to consider is the material we got so far. If we take that as a rosetta stone for things coming. then im really worried about the end game. really i am. we can Sugar coat it the way we like. but what i see here is a game linear and almost on par with a tell tale game.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: Pretty amazing a 14-year-old on Twitter could source $50 million for Shenmue III, but it took Yu Suzuki nearly two decades to fund a third game with the meager budget you’re so disappointed in. You are a miracle worker... or I’m just wasting my time on a very effective troll.

I don't use Twitter. I've already confirmed I'm not that guy. I have went about with a more intelligent method. You see, even if you did get some celebrity on Twitter to say "yes I'll do it", Chances are, they'd soon change their mind because Ys Net takes a while to respond back. No, you need investors that genuinely want to fund it so they have the patience to wait it out. I have fortunately, found just the one!

they actually said that im you
they also said im karimov
and another dude forgot his name.

they are Always shocked in disbelieve when the opinion goes offsync with the populair believe of this community.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby shmoozip » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

jasonorme666 wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:
redline wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: At least the Dojo wasn't referenced in this.

yeah, saw this today. a bit silly imo ](*,)

i know people beg bill gates for money all the time but he only helps the seriously poor, like those in the 3rd world.

anyway from what ive read, some of the best projects (movies/games etc) tend to be made when there is limited funds. ..an unlimited budget does not equal success. i believe shenmue 3 will be good because Yu Suzuki is one of the best + its his passion project.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/06/worl ... ickstarter

Okay I got a question. How great do you think Shenmue I and II would have been without their huge budgets? Exactly, so it's the same with Shenmue III.

Limited funds automatically mean it can't be one of the best because in order for that to happen, you need the best resources. Yes with limited funds you can make something good, but in order to be the best possible you need the best of everything.

Because back then it was a technical masterpiece, it pushed boundaries and was very expensive to produce.
The open world game was a very new idea, a fully orchestrated soundtrack, fully voiced dialogue, it was expensive because it hadn't really been done.
Now we have all kinds of tools and engines available that make team productivity faster and cheaper.
Last week, for example, I coded a final fight style beat em up engine, granted, it still needs tweaking but back in 1990 that would have had a large team working on it for a much longer period of time.

Just look how reflections, shadows, and lighting work now, those were very hard to achieve. Now with things like Unity they come standard. Place down a light source, tick if you want an object to cast a shadow.. done. Same with reflections.

The budget Shenmue 1 & 2 had just wouldn't be needed for a project this big. A lot can be achieved with small budgets, it just means you have to be creative, a bit thrifty and don't outsource stuff if you really don't have to.

this is a realistic view. also in the realm of possibilities.
shmoozip
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

In all honesty I find Shenmue_Legend hilarious.

shredingskin has received 3 thanks from: Abraham_1, punkmanced, VukBZ2005
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Deta » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Im about to start believing these two fellows are incarnation of beavis and butthead.

Deta has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Deta

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:40 pm

mjq jazz bar has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, VukBZ2005
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sonoshee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: https://twitter.com/Hazuki_Dojo/status/ ... 9149734913

Nice Tweet, man.

Waiting for YSNet to take legal action on this guy.

Sonoshee has received a thanks from: Kiske
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III