Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:32 pm

I agree. It would feel very out of place and definitely ruin the immersion. Hopefully whoever is in charge of localising the game feels the same way.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm

I'd expect, at minimum, at least one 'joke' about sailors. I'll let them slide on that one joke.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:18 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'd expect, at minimum, at least one 'joke' about sailors. I'll let them slide on that one joke.

Perhaps in a side quest or something, but I'm hoping that the main story stays clear of that kind of stuff.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:00 pm

OL wrote: Totally random thing here, but it just occurred to me: I really, really hope the dub for Shenmue III doesn't include a ton of "wink to the audience" nods to the old dubs. With as long as Shenmue has been around, it's had plenty of time to gain a reputation on phrases like "let's get sweaty," Ryo asking about sailors and whatnot, that kind of shit. I just really hope the English voice actors don't feel the need to call back to that stuff, like they think they're being clever or something. I hope the dub is played totally straight, just like the first two games were.

I'll probably opt for the Japanese track anyway (long as it's included), but I'd still prefer not to have anything groan-inducing like that from the English one.

I'm still really curious how they play the English dub, would they use the same Voice Actor company as last time and get some of the other old voices back as well for the NPCs? Or are they going to go for a more modern approach to the VA and just retain some of the old cast like the main characters (Ryo, Ren, Lan Di etc)? I hope they swap out Shenhua's English VA though at least (the one for Shenmue II), she was terrible.

Will that style of the VAs still have the same charm as back in the day or will they just go all in on getting in the likes of Nolan North, Liam O'Brien, Tara Strong etc and other professionals?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby swimingdeer » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:10 pm

A little about voice :
If the two tracks are available, my dream thing would be :
the ability to choose the language for each character.

(This way, I could have Ryo say "I see" in english,
while Shenhua answer him with her "I see"-like sentence, in japanese, like in SH2...)

This is most certainly a hopeless wish,
but it whould have been a nice way to have fun alternate playthroughs.
swimingdeer
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:37 am

I was wondering about some kickstarters reward, as we all know, some of them includes the possibility of having your photograph at the chobu's harbour, a little figurine in the machines or even being part of the "chi you men". When will Suzuki asks for photos or materials to the backers to make them in the game?

I suppose it will be soon, we are well advanced in the year and it isn't too much time left if they want to be on schedule to release this year.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby BalHan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:09 am

I’d like to know a little more about the slacker backer campaign. I pledged $60 for a physical copy of Shenmue 3 but I’m still awaiting an email in which I choose why copy of the game I’d like (pc or PS4).

I know it’s a donation so no guarantee that I’ll receive the copy and if that’s the case then so be it, I’ll have at least made a contribution.☺️
BalHan

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:32 am

BalHan wrote: I’d like to know a little more about the slacker backer campaign. I pledged $60 for a physical copy of Shenmue 3 but I’m still awaiting an email in which I choose why copy of the game I’d like (pc or PS4).

I know it’s a donation so no guarantee that I’ll receive the copy and if that’s the case then so be it, I’ll have at least made a contribution.☺️

They didn't send the emails yet, I suppose they'll do it as soon as they have a firm release date, don't worry.

Hazuki00 has received 3 thanks from: BalHan, Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah. Keep an eye out in the coming months. If everything continues to go as planned, especially with voiceover recording, this Summer might be when the surveys go out even if the game possibly gets another delay.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: BalHan
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 am

So what's the next event that we're going to get overly hyped about? E3? or is there something before that?
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:39 am

delvec19 wrote: So what's the next event that we're going to get overly hyped about? E3? or is there something before that?

Is there any event that takes place between now and E3?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby BalHan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 am

I’m just curious to know why some fans are eager to learn details about the story of Shenmue which have yet to be revealed to Ryo.

Are we not supposed to immerse ourselves in to the character of Ryo and play the game accordingly?

If you’ve already come to know things which Ryo will discover in Shenmue III then there’ll be no element of shock or surprise.

When Ryo first learns some new information in his quest, well that’s when I want to first learn about it.

And, yes, I do know I’m chancing it being on this forum lol.

BalHan has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
BalHan

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:08 pm

delvec19 wrote: So what's the next event that we're going to get overly hyped about? E3? or is there something before that?

E3 is the next big trade event on the schedule.

Nobody should really be lighting a fire under themselves to get hyped just yet, though. There's a reasonable chance YSnet will give us a heads up on what their plans are, so just keep cool until a relevant update drops.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:32 am

Is it possible that we will see gameplay of Shenmue III this year? I hope for that!
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Jibby » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:39 am

SledgeNE wrote: Is it possible that we will see gameplay of Shenmue III this year? I hope for that!

It's definitely not impossible! Especially considering it's supposed to come out this year.

But even if there's a delay, I still think we have decent odds of seeing gameplay in some shape or form. Probably not at E3 though.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, SledgeNE
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III