Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Monkei » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:40 am

Switch wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
Monkei wrote: IGN, today:

"Bloodstained is Kickstarter's highest funded game ever, having reached its funding goal in under four hours after its campaign launched."

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/10/05/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-gets-a-publisher

#-o

Same mistake here:
http://www.itechpost.com/articles/37621 ... -games.htm

Interestingly, the Japanese version of the IGN article has it correct: "Bloodstained is Kickstarter's second-highest funded game project."
http://jp.ign.com/bloodstained-ritual-o ... -the-night

The other site is even worse: "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been the most funded Kickstarter game receiving $5.5 million and knocking Shenmue 3 from the top spot." - how on earth does that happen? :lol: That whole article (at least what I've read of it) sounds like it was written by a toddler though, so I guess the site is irrelevant trash anyway? Just look at that, that's how it begins:

"Castlevania fans have been asking when Koji Igarashi will release its sequel Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night which had been presented on Kickstarter. After its crowdfunding success, the game was able to find a publisher: 505 Games, which is also responsible for publishing Sniper Elite III and Payday 2.

The announcement was posted by Create Games on their Kickstarter page. After that a video was also shown which features Igarashi in a cowboy's hat and carrying a whip. The video also featured 505 Games President Ian Howe telling fans that they are happy to be part of bringing Bloodstained to life. He also praised Igayashi saying the game developer had a "wonderful history of making games." Howell also said that 505 is as thrilled as the fans into making this dream into a reality."

I don't even know where to start :rotflmao:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mrandyk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

That sounds like a result of Google Translate. Did someone actually write that in English?

mrandyk has received a thanks from: Monkei
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Monkei » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:37 pm

mrandyk wrote:That sounds like a result of Google Translate.

It does, doesn't it? :lol:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:30 pm

God of War 4 director Cory Barlog on Twitter in response to somebody asking about a demo for the game:

"Cory Barlog
7. Okt.
Cory Barlog ‏@corybarlog
@Filthy_Mortze hard at work on the game, no demo. game is be better the fewer demos we do. Demos pull a month or two away from final game."

Kinda has me thinking "screw that Shenmue III demo, why did they even offer that as a reward"..
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:37 pm

I think that's also referring to press conference/press event demos (most of which consumers never get to see live), which are prevalent in the traditional AAA press cycle. In order to impress the media those sections of the game are focused on and polished heavily, detracting from other elements of development.

Shenmue III isn't in the same position at all, the backer demo will likely be the first time anybody gets a really close look at the game, and a good chance to provide development feedback.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Monkei
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 am

As happy as I can be about Red Dead Redemption 2 announcement and targeted release date around fall 2017, I think it's a bad news for Shenmue 3... if they actually come out in the same period (Fall/End 2017).

What do you think? Welcome delay?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:49 am

I don't see this announcement as changing anything. Shenmue III's always been coming out at the busiest time of year for AAA releases. If it wasn't RDR2 courting the masses, it would be something else. They all target the end of the year with hopes of ending up in Christmas stockings, and Ys Net don't want to miss out on that either if they can help it.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:50 am

I don't think they're likely to cross paths, IMO. Red Dead will probably be Novemberish, Shenmue III is (in theory) December.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 am

Should Shenmue 3 open like Uncharted 4?

There could be an opening title sequence with drawings from the major set pieces of the previous games.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby redline » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:49 pm

SMDzero wrote:Should Shenmue 3 open like Uncharted 4?

There could be an opening title sequence with drawings from the major set pieces of the previous games.

:-k i would vote for a nightmare/dream which include flashbacks of the highlights of S1/S2.. and then he wakes up in the cave.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SMDzero » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:57 pm

redline wrote:

:-k i would vote for a nightmare/dream which include flashbacks of the highlights of S1/S2.. and then he wakes up in the cave.

What if he wakes up in Xiuying's bed (with Xiuying) and he never actually left Hong Kong for Guilin and meeting Shenhua was just a dream?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:20 pm

redline wrote:

Terrible idea unless they remake the flashbacks using the same engine. People shouldn't be seeing the graphics of the old games as the opening... non-fans will be very turned off.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SMDzero » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:37 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
redline wrote:

Terrible idea unless they remake the flashbacks using the same engine. People shouldn't be seeing the graphics of the old games as the opening... non-fans will be very turned off.

Well that's why stylized illustrations may work?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:33 am

ShenmueForeseen wrote:
redline wrote:

People aren't going to switch off the game and demand a refund halfway through the intro. If anything, the sudden contrast from the Dreamcast graphics to - WHOA! - the brand new PS4 graphics could make the latter look all the more impressive.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ziming » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:51 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357, Spaghetti
Ziming
Banned
Banned