Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Valascaziel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Next, we have no idea what Deep Silver's financial commitment is, though it is certainly more than $3 million as Yu had mentioned that with their investment he was now able to achieve the full open world experience that he envisioned (which he previously stated would cost $10 million).

My stance here is that be the case, then by implication there should be no pressure for us to reach any further goal such as AI Battling, as it should be included if he reached his true vision budget.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby WildManofBorneo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:46 pm

Valascaziel wrote:
Next, we have no idea what Deep Silver's financial commitment is, though it is certainly more than $3 million as Yu had mentioned that with their investment he was now able to achieve the full open world experience that he envisioned (which he previously stated would cost $10 million).

My stance here is that be the case, then by implication there should be no pressure for us to reach any further goal such as AI Battling, as it should be included if he reached his true vision budget.

Yu Suzuki has already stated that the stretch goals are 'in addition' to what he has planned for the full open world game with the current budget, so unless we clear these goals chances are the features will not make it to the game.
WildManofBorneo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:58 am

Full vision does exactly what it says on the tin. Full vision. There no point adding takes on it to suit your opinion.

If your point of view is, "Yu Suzuki said this, but he didn't mean this..", then it's a bit of a futile stance to take. We can agree to just disagree, and like I said, people are free to increase their original pledges. But we will not be running any sort of campaign to get to 7 million.

Peter has received a thanks from: OL
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 am

I've just read that Microsoft will be present at the gamescom and they will bring with them 25 games and some new hardware with them. It seems that gamescom is getting more and more important.

Could this impact in the presence of Shenmue 3? I think every game show will have a lot of important games and news and this shouldn't affect to Shenmue 3 promotion, they just have to do it even if there are a lot of competence.

What do you think guys?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 am

Their line about new hardware has hastily been edited to new hardware bundles (eg, console plus specific game sold as a package) once they realized people were interpreting it as an Xbox Two announcement. :lol:
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Valascaziel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 am

Gamescom has been steadily increasing as a major trade show the past few years. It's real difference is it has less bombastic press conferences filled with AAA surprises, so more games can show without fear of being drowned by things like RE2Make.

Microsoft just had a slip of the tongue that made it seem like next gen was going to be shown, since they revealed its being worked on at E3. Next gen is two years away at least.

Shenmue III will be at Gamescom. Considering the runaway pre-order success and reception of Shenmue 1 and 2, it arguably has to be with no exceptions.

We haven't seen any true footage or indication of the game at all to this point. Last year's trailer was 6-7 months old at the time, so we are looking at 1.5 years of development time. This is a LOT of time in the development world.

Even with a 2019 release now confirmed, it is getting very late in the game. A no-show would be a serious blow to them, both in faith by backers and failure to capitalize on an excitement level that is higher than it has been since the unveiling.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Aimless Gamer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:22 pm

I wish I could of upgraded from my $300 package to the $500 one. so I bought a few extra digital copies. I wonder how much finding will shoot up.

Aimless Gamer has received a thanks from: WildManofBorneo
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Aimless Gamer wrote: I wish I could of upgraded from my $300 package to the $500 one. so I bought a few extra digital copies.

Well, here's something you might want to try.

From these two threads on Facebook, it seems you can get around the $250 upgrade limit by asking Fangamer to combine multiple accounts, regardless of whether they were originally paid through Kickstarter or the Slacker Backer.

In the first link, the user was able to increase his reward to the $300 tier by merging a Kickstarter account and a Slacker Backer account. In the second link, though dealing with a smaller total, it was confirmed that the user retained his Kickstarter-exclusive rewards during the merge.

So basically, what has been proven in practice is that in your case you could make sure your Slacker Backer donations add up to at least $200, and then email Fangamer to merge all of those with your $300 Kickstarter donation. This should enable you to get the $500 tier with Kickstarter-exclusive items from your original KS pledge intact.

Have a read of both threads and email Fangamer to confirm you're able to do this before making the extra donations, but it seems to be a proven workaround.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mrandyk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Valascaziel wrote:Shenmue III will be at Gamescom. Considering the runaway pre-order success and reception of Shenmue 1 and 2, it arguably has to be with no exceptions.

It might be wise to show and try to build on that hype, but one could very easily argue that the game doesn't have to show at Gamescom. Shenmue 3 has already missed one conference after another. One more would be negligible in the grand scheme.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 pm

It’s probably worth tempering expectations about Gamescom until it’s actually confirmed to show there. Just assuming it’s going to be there could lead to massive disappointment if it’s a no show. I recall this happening with PSX 2016 and it was a disaster.

I’m not saying it’s not going to show, but we just shouldn’t be so quick to assume it’s locked in 100%.

Jibby has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SledgeNE » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 am

In the last year we got an confirmation on July 13. I'm also very skeptical about it. :sad:
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:24 am

We could always have the surprise factor and maybe they announce Shenmue 3 presence right there!
I'm a bit skeptical to see it at gamescom too but we are almost a month away, there is still time left to announce it.

As everybody here, I'm earger to see gameplay at last, wasting this gamescom opportunity to show a trailer and gameplay would be a bit annoying, we are three years from the Shenmue 3 announcement and it's about time to see "something real".
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am

I highly doubt it will have anything at Gamescom TBH. Which is rather ironic because 2018 is supposed to be it's year of promoting but being realistic I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least November 2018 or March 2019. And no I not being negative, I think they are actually further along than anyone may guess but their in that "crunch"
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby WildManofBorneo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I highly doubt it will have anything at Gamescom TBH. Which is rather ironic because 2018 is supposed to be it's year of promoting but being realistic I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least November 2018 or March 2019. And no I not being negative, I think they are actually further along than anyone may guess but their in that "crunch"

Crunch time usually doesn't begin until the final 6 months of development. I'd wager on a May-July '19 release, meaning that YSNet is probably not quite there yet.

As far as the game being shown at Gamescom, it's really anybody's guess. Shenmue could also make an appearance at TGS in Sept or the PSX Event in Dec, however one thing I don't foresee is them holding off until next year for another showing.
WildManofBorneo

Postby xatruio » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Personally, I'm expecting TGS. Gamescomm would be nice, but TGS seems more realistic. December for PSX is a bit too far off, but even if it doesn't make that show, I'll be pretty bummed, but never turn into one of the vitriol trolls calling it vaporware.

The original Dreamcast games were projects from at least 1996 onward (at least a rough guesstimate for the Dreamcast work, not Saturn version), which weren't revealed until late '98. Even after, Suzuki didn't show much of it, really. At least not compared to today. He's old school, let him play it close to the chest. We all know he will make a great game one way or another.

xatruio has received a thanks from: WildManofBorneo
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III