Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:16 am

Ziming wrote: Niao Sun character fan art drawn by princeg07
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2ClMrql DeviantArt: http://bit.ly/2GJUlIk

Can't wait to see Niao Sun for real. She's the symbol of the game, the one who makes you say: "Yes, that thing is Shenmue 3!"
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby swimingdeer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 pm

So, random thought of the day :
Newcomers starting with Shenmue 3 are entering the story the same way Shenhua does.

This thought made my day as it means that, there's little risk newcomers can be lost with the game.

Let me explain myself :
In universe, Shenhua only knows the basics about Ryo and his journey up to that point.
(Ryo is following after someone. He his a bit impulsive/naive but a good guy overall...)

As I believe the story of Shenmue 3 will make sense, Shenhua will have to understand what's going on.
(I'm going with the hypothesis that Ryo is not going to hide too much to her.)

So, as it turns out, maybe it's the most corect way to see it :
Starting with SH3 is starting the story "in Shenhua's shoes",
while, old veterans are "putting back on Ryo's jacket" !

Basically, you could see this as reading "The Lord of the Ring" before reading "The Hobbit".
(Even if we're not here to compare J.R.R. Tolkien and Yu Suzuki...)

So, yes, I have faith that SH3 can connect with new players.
Not in the same way it is going to connect with old fans, but it should work anyway.

swimingdeer has received 4 thanks from: Centrale, Let's Get Sweaty, SledgeNE, Yokosuka
swimingdeer
Asia Travel Representative

Postby SledgeNE » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:03 am

I hope that we will see this year gameplay-Videos from Shenmue 3. When they had shown gameplay-material at MAGIC they would became much more on Slacker Backer. But from managing strategy i can understand that the Publisher doesn't want to show this too early.

Edit:

@ Jerids RamenShop

If this is the case then it would be no problem for me. Every GTA-Game have End-Credits which are over 10 minutes long. 10 minutes to enjoy, to looking back to realising things they happened in the game. Yu is not a liar. He have the Status Legend. He would talk to us early about upcoming things or problems. I trust him and his Team.

I like it to enjoy the time before Shenmue III is released. Isn't that a good feeling? We waiting on a sequel to a series which is epic legendary. The most of us have alived the time when Shenmue I was announced in the 90's.

I don't believe that SEGA works on HD-Ports of Shenmue I and II. They had nothing announced or talked about Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3.

It would interest me if there are japanese TV-Reports since Shenmue 3 development.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby SPG » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

Steenkoud wrote: The unreal engine will be the final nail in the coffin for Shenmue.

How so?
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby sand4fish » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm

SPG wrote:
Steenkoud wrote: The unreal engine will be the final nail in the coffin for Shenmue.

How so?

Must be a scam too duh.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Jibby
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Suzuki Yu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm

However, according to the latest issue of Forbes (Czech Republic Edition) which includes a detailed profile of Game Director Daniel Vávra (who directed Mafia and its sequel while at 2K Czech), Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s total budget was 750 million crowns – or roughly 36.5 million dollars.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-deliv ... m-dollars/

wow! 36 million :O
this is quite surprising if true! and what would that possibly mean for Shenmue 3?

Suzuki Yu has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby SPG » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:43 pm

sand4fish wrote:
SPG wrote:

How so?

Must be a scam too duh.

Wow, it's nice to know I'm still in your thoughts. I can't be bothered going back through the posts though so you'll have to forgive me not having a witty retort within context, I've forgotten you. Back to the Unreal Engine though, I have no experience of working with it but I'd imagine they'd be able to modify it in some way to resemble the feel of the originals if this was the OP's train of thought.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:04 am

Suzuki Yu wrote:
However, according to the latest issue of Forbes (Czech Republic Edition) which includes a detailed profile of Game Director Daniel Vávra (who directed Mafia and its sequel while at 2K Czech), Kingdom Come: Deliverance’s total budget was 750 million crowns – or roughly 36.5 million dollars.

this is quite surprising if true! and what would that possibly mean for Shenmue 3?

Yeah, that's pretty big. AAA games are made with this kind of budget.
Assuming Shenmue 3 gets similar backing from Deep Silver, no one can say it's an 'indie' game anymore.

This makes me hopeful for fully-voiced NPCs by the way.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 am

Well, it's a comforting thought. Yu stated that he could now make the game he envisioned, so it makes sense now if Deep Silver's investment was as substantial as Kingdom Come had.

It may also lend credence to why we haven't seen anything on the game. If the budget increased substantially, perhaps a lot of reworking began. New tools, graphical upgrades, team expansions we haven't seen, corroborations with Lakshya, etc.

It's why the feeling of a re-reveal is something that I and many others feel may happen at E3.

The acquisition of Deep Silver by THQ adds another layer, as it is theoretically possible they'll invest as well to bolster their library of solid titles such as Darksiders.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gastarot » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 am

Do you think they started voices record for Shenmue 3 with Corey Marshall and Masaya Matsukaze ?
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby Suzuki Yu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:22 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
Suzuki Yu wrote:

Assuming Shenmue 3 gets similar backing from Deep Silver, no one can say it's an 'indie' game anymore.

i think Suzuki san has already stated long time ago that the game will feature fully voiced characters?

anyways my previous theory regarding the budget was with an estimation of something above the 12 million mark for the production alone.
with this news i don't think it's far fetched and likely even surpass this number.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sailor-San » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 am

Really hopeful news.

I think its also really comforting to acknowledge the possibility that the Hugh success of kingdom come deliverance despite or because of its slow pace etc. (and despite being a bugfest in the beginning) can boost deep silvers confidence in Shenmue III.
Sailor-San

Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Suzuki Yu wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
Suzuki Yu wrote:

i think Suzuki san has already stated long time ago that the game will feature fully voiced characters?

I can't find the source, but last time he was asked about it, he was undecided.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm

I think the English dub is a huge waste of resources. I wish they would've saved that money for something more important. You know it's going to be lousy, too, based on the first two games.

I agree they've raised way more than the $7 million from the Kickstarter. I think Shibuya alone raised more money than they've let on; Cedric's partner seems to be very wealthy based on my limited research.

Kosta Yanev is the inventor of Activbody’s exercise system and the company’s founder. Kosta is a nuclear physicist and holds a PhD in computer science. He has worked at CERN in Switzerland and has founded and launched numerous successful businesses including FTSAM (airport development), Great Bear (GTBR), Company for Energy Saving (JV with RWE – Germany), DONTNOD Entertainment (Paris), Shibuya Productions (Monaco) and now Activbody.

If I remember correctly, Kingdom Come needed to raise the $2 or so million in order to receive much more money from a very wealthy individual or company based in their country.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby darksniper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:52 pm

I just read the Shenmue500K interview and there's one thing I want to say.

Dear Yu Suzuki,

Please. Do. NOT. Change. The. QTE. Sound. Effect.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III