Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 am

Releasing at Christmas is important for them. Their selling strategy is based on that period. The date could have been set sooner actually, meaning they're having a comfortable margin. At the moment, the production progress is a success since YSnet managed to officialize the teaser and that's kind of an achievement according Cédric.

It's too late to predict something wrong to happen but personally I really believe we'll get Shenmue III at the right date. Infact, it will depend mainly on the ability of Epic, Sony and YsNet to work together. I think Yu has experienced more complex situations than that.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Kiske » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:20 am

Yokosuka wrote:

I expect a teaser with something like a slow circular travelling somewhere on Bailu, then at the end the Ryo's back before the screen is fading. Then the appearance of, I wish, the true Shenmue III font !!! Otherwise, I would be more than happy.

See, you too know how to tease fans ;-)

About Ryo's back... I bet my daily allowance that the teaser is going to show a new model of Ryo :-#

I hope they will make it for Christmas 2017... but as we know in game development, fixing and optimising details can take a lot of time. The good news is that they are working on 2 plateforms "only" and also that they don't need to deal with multiplayer issues.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby alexh86 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:18 am

I have a feeling they will slip into 2018 but I certainly hope to be playing it next year. I'm not sure about Shenmue II but the first game slipped a bit in its release window and that was with all the resources of old Sega behind the project. I can't wait to see what they show in Monaco though!
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby mrandyk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:27 pm

alexh86 wrote: I have a feeling they will slip into 2018 but I certainly hope to be playing it next year. I'm not sure about Shenmue II but the first game slipped a bit in its release window and that was with all the resources of old Sega behind the project. I can't wait to see what they show in Monaco though!

Working with a very well defined amount of resources would likely help Shenmue 3 hit the target release date whereas having the unlimited resources at Sega perhaps led to constantly expanding and delaying the original game. Development can only last so long on this project unlike the original games.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:56 am

I was curious, anyone know if those cinema shorts of shen1 and 2 are cutscenes from the games combined ala Shenmue movie, or are they original animations made by shibuya prod?
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby SMDzero » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 am

I kinda wish they wouldn't waste any budget on Shenmue 1 and 2 cinema shorts. Use the .5 million they are evidently spending on the cinema shorts and use it to complete the AI battling stretch goal

Just announce Shenmue 1 and 2 HD already... no need for cinema shorts in 3.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 am

AI battling is only ragdoll optimization anyway. I want to see what SI & SII delivers in sick next gen plastic if possible. I won't mind neither if it's only an anime unless it's an odd vectorial animation like Mirror Edge.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 am

SMDzero wrote: I kinda wish they wouldn't waste any budget on Shenmue 1 and 2 cinema shorts. Use the .5 million they are evidently spending on the cinema shorts and use it to complete the AI battling stretch goal

Just announce Shenmue 1 and 2 HD already... no need for cinema shorts in 3.

The problem is that the "they" who are having to make the cinema shorts is not the same "they" who get to decide whether 1 & 2 HD are released.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby SMDzero » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:09 am

What if we turn on Shenmue 3 and THIS is the title screen due to budgetary restrictions?

SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby GYO6161 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:21 am

SMDzero wrote: What if we turn on Shenmue 3 and THIS is the title screen due to budgetary restrictions?

I''ll take shenmue 3 on a cd-r with sharpie in it, aslong as its shenmue 3 =P~ =P~

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: ShenGCH
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm watching the translated Magic Monaco event, and Yu's comments about being able to draw enemies away from each other by knowing your surroundings (the example used was an alleyway) make me think we're going to end up in enemy territory by the end of the game. Baisha is supposedly home to the Chi Yu Men's stronghold, so I wonder if that whole area is maybe infiltration and attacking rather than standard Shenmue gameplay?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I'm watching the translated Magic Monaco event, and Yu's comments about being able to draw enemies away from each other by knowing your surroundings (the example used was an alleyway) make me think we're going to end up in enemy territory by the end of the game. Baisha is supposedly home to the Chi Yu Men's stronghold, so I wonder if that whole area is maybe infiltration and attacking rather than standard Shenmue gameplay?

Warehouse No. 8 all over again ;-)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:59 pm

ShenGCH wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: I'm watching the translated Magic Monaco event, and Yu's comments about being able to draw enemies away from each other by knowing your surroundings (the example used was an alleyway) make me think we're going to end up in enemy territory by the end of the game. Baisha is supposedly home to the Chi Yu Men's stronghold, so I wonder if that whole area is maybe infiltration and attacking rather than standard Shenmue gameplay?

Hahaha. I see it more like running the lights in Shenmue II, but a bit speedier with more player agency and encouragement over whether you want to attack or not instead of the win(sneak)/fail(fight) dynamic. I like the sound of it a lot though.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby murdiaries » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 am

Can't wait for this game to happen.
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:40 am

Spaghetti wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

Hahaha. I see it more like running the lights in Shenmue II, but a bit speedier with more player agency and encouragement over whether you want to attack or not instead of the win(sneak)/fail(fight) dynamic. I like the sound of it a lot though.

Man, that was way more Metal Gear Solid than sneaking into Warehouse No. 8, come to think of it. Even had the bird's-eye view and everything :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III