E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby ianpm31 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:49 pm

Peter wrote: Fair enough man, but you are always welcome!

It's the Shenmue Dojo, and we hoped and believed every year that Shenmue 3 would be revealed, and every year it wasn't. That was based on nothing. But Shenmue 3 is now a real thing, and it's birthday is 10 days away. It was arguably the biggest reveal of E3 2015. Would they just completely blank that this year? If anything we know the media are dicks and an absence would be noticed, and of course twisted into clickbait as per usual.

But we can hope. We can hype. The difference between hope being a good thing and a bad thing is this E3. Hope is nothing but a good thing, quite simply because Shenmue 3 exists. There's no bad ending here. There's no heartbreak. No bad news. If there's no Shenmue 3, then who is going to cry? No one. We have Shenmue 3 lol. We will have an update in a couple of weeks after, to look forward to at the very least. Shenmue HD I will grant you is a huge over reach, so that I wouldn't really hope for in the first place. But a piece of new footage? An interview/progress report from Adam and Gios trip in Japan. An injection to the Slacker Backer campaign, including the PC version (which Cedric has said will come). Model reveals, such as Ryo and Shenhua which they have been working on for an entire year! All of these things are very much in the realms of possibility, regardless of a single tweet of NO from Cedric, which LanDC has pointed out he has to do anyways. This isn't him in a position to give us a wink, this will be the big boy Sony stepping in and basically saying,"E3 is our biggest event. We need surprise like last year, so keep your mouths shut lads. No fucking about".

It's all good times man.

Amen!
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Giorgio » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:50 pm

There is a 50% possibility to be and a 50% possibility not to be. Pick a side and I'll flip this coin. :rotflmao:

Giorgio has received a thanks from: Mr357
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby ShenSun » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm

None of you fuckers are bowing out of this thread. Everyone's views are equal. I like spaghetti's opinions. They're based on current facts and what we know so far. He also helps us keep in check when we go too far off, much like Adam does.

Others, myself included, choose to believe there's more going on and that there will be a trailer at E3. No ones right and no ones wrong. They're all opinions and thank goodness we can have these kind of discussions.

Let's have a bit of fun guys.

Those who think Shenmue 3 will be at E3 say Yes. Those who don't say No.

Losers have to change their profile display picture for a month to something that the winning team decides.

E.G

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Amen to that too... and YES :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Tbh Shenmue isn't at the forefront of my mind at E3 this year, probably because another game I'm anticipating in (Mirror's Edge) is coming out very soon and I at that point in the console cycle where I want to look forward to the newer IP's+new sequels unveiled at E3 this year. No matter what, last year will be the best E3 ever for me, nothing can change that, but similar to what someone else said here, I just want to enjoy watching E3 for the first time without having to wish upon a star for Shenmue news. And with that, hear your reactions/opinions, memes and everything else we love about the event.

Also, after backing a few projects prior Shenmue 3, I'm used to how the bulk of the news is direct, and how we just play the game that is 'anticipation' and look forward to its eventual arrival. I mostly look forward to progress updates, and visiting the dojo and checking up on the community. I'm indifferent to any Shenmue 3 related e3 news tbh, but not in a bad way...

I recently went to Comic-con in London, was in the queue for Tekken 7 and next to me was another avid Shenmue fan and the shortly after discussing our nostalgia, we just had to hug it, Huber-Hype style!

And BTW, I love you all! Spaghetti, keep your fingers on the pulse of our community! ;-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby elfshadowreaper » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:26 pm

LanDC wrote: Shenmue III will be on Sony's stage if it's there, and that means they have to play by Sony's rules.

I think that's why Cedric said "today" his answer was no. Given the response last year I imagine Sony told him "If you have something to show we will make time in the presentation" knowing it won't be a 45 minute demo. It's going to be 30 seconds to 2 minutes max and a "We're hard at work and it'll be out on the PS4K too!"

If they can cobble together a simply rendered cutscene at last year's show they can show us something they've been working on for the past year. This is going to be their opportunity to show us our money was put to good use.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 am

Cédric's answer to our Peter...

Cryptic message... once again :-o

Kiske has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Esppiral » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:01 am

I want to keep my expectations low, but they have skyrocketed since cedric's last tweet. \:D/

Esppiral has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 am

Updating my thoughts on my previous post, obviously a Shenmue HD announcement would be fantastic, but I'm happy SEGA responded to this prior than if we had no answer, otherwise much of my anticipation for E3 for any tease/hype would be in hopes of its fruition. Imo that would be my best case scenario over any S3 news atm, maybe for PSX or TGS? Hopefully!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:30 am

Peter wrote: We are all grown adults, of sound mind, and can think for ourselves.

Wow I feel so left out from that comment :|

I don't think we'll see anything TBH, a year is little time to show a game in the biggest "press conference" of the world, sometimes first impressions matter a lot, I don't think they'll show a half baked anything.

EDIT: fuck, that tweet by cedrick :twisted: =P~ [-o<

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|= ¿¡?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 am

Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Verderame » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:51 am

The Cedric guy is just being purposely ambiguous, he never said "I SWEAR NO SHENMUE 3 AT E3 FOR SURE" or something like that, i'm sure we'll see at least some new trailer, with updated Ryo and Shenhua models (please be good),
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby scarless landi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:19 pm

The_Fuzileiro wrote: Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...

I was thinking the same thing. I usually watch it on GT. I randomly checked Twitch last year to see if they had a better quality than GT. I remember it being very very bad.
scarless landi

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby -=SPZ=-47 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

The_Fuzileiro wrote: Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...

Well, they are Easy Allies now https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp ... 53rZsB3jaA
Dont't know if they will be streaming though.

-=SPZ=-47 has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
-=SPZ=-47
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Shenmue is not in presentable stage yet and Sony has their hands full with VR, Neo and their own new IPs.

So no.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III