E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby Himuro » Tue May 10, 2016 3:02 am

You're all missing the most important thing:

This will be the first E3 where we won't have to suffer any dreadful SHENMUE III IS REAL rumors.

Praise be to Yu.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Telekill
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Kiske » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Kiske wrote: One month to raise our hopes, one month to rule them (out) :-#

Please play my game!

"Reasons why to expect Shenmue 3 or even better... a Shenmue HD annoucement!"

1. Yu Suzuki presence in LA for the Kickstarter dinner reward.
2. PayPal Slacker Backer page still up and waiting for events like E3 to gain visibility.
3. Rumoured presence of Sega Europe at E3. Great occasion for Suzuki/Sony/Sega discreet meetings.
4. Sega Europe #AskSEGA campaign. Inconceivable (imo) that they didn't anticipate the #SaveShenmueHD effect.
5. Adam Boyes Twitter account banner. Unchanged since last E3...
6. Shenmue 3 teasers from Magic Monaco never "officially" released.
7. Ryuji Iuchi's "private demo music for that demo movie's scene": https://soundcloud.com/ryujiiuchi/erhu
8. Lack of new Ryo, Shenhua, etc... models since E3 2015 trailer.

Game rules? Simply undermine every point of the list. :twisted:

Sub-game rules? Find other good reasons why to expect Shenmue 3 or Shenmue HD at E3. :king:

*cracks fingers*

(Should note I'm not doing this to rain on any parades. I'm just personally expecting media close to what we got at MAGIC, and not some huge public showing.)

1. E3 is a trade event where a number of meetings are held. It's one of the few events where you can guarantee the people you'll want to see will be in town. Yu's last meeting with Boyes and Gio Corsi were in Japan, and this is likely their next meeting for a project update. It doesn't mean anything in terms of the public getting a big Shenmue III blow-out.

2. Nothing really to say about this. YSnet must have figured it generates enough income monthly to keep open indefinitely, even if it only pays the wages of say, one programmer. They don't really promote it very well though, but that's Awesome Japan's fault tbh.

3. It's gone on record that SEGA has nothing to do with Shenmue III outside of just taking a share of profits when the game is done. For Shenmue HD, not saying any meetings haven't taken place already, but it's likely any talks between YSnet, Sony, and SEGA will take place in Japan instead of at E3.

4. Not the first time SEGA have gotten bombarded on Twitter about Shenmue. Just sayin'. It's as ordinary as rain.

5. He's pretty proud of it, I presume. Doesn't actually mean anything.

6. Nothing really to say about this. When the KS campaign don't even upload full-res images, you can't really point to a lack of video uploads as some conspiracy that they're saving it all for E3. It's still weird how they never showed off the Bailu Village Hut video off properly either, but I'm chalking that down to AJ ineptitude over anything else. It'd be disappointing if they were to just show the MAGIC videos again at E3 anyway.

7. It's hard to parse the Japanese to English translation that made that sentence, but demo can mean both music demo, and as a Japanese term for cutscenes/trailers in games. That aint' the music for a trailer though, and they're not ready to show gameplay. Seeing how Iuchi published it publicly, it's likely just a musical demo to be repurposed, rearranged, or reorchestrated later.

8. This one is easy to dismiss. They don't want to show them off until they're either done, or in an acceptable state.

But hey, I guess after last year nothing is off the table. Just don't make a Shenmue HD announcement an inevitability, or hype people up for a big Shenmue III showing we know we're not getting.

Wow, you've dampened my enthusiasm big time! :lol:

I'm aware that none of my points are solid enough to point towards new Shenmue 3 material or Shenmue HD annoucement.

That said, if I have to throw myself into battle, I need to believe that I can succeed.
This is of course also true for Shenmue :king:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Giorgio » Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 am

If Yu Suzuki enter Sony's E3 stage driving a forklift that is lifting a cargo full of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD's jewel Blu-ray cases, then it'll be the perfect marketing for the whole series. Mr Adam Boyes, if you're reading this, just wink thrice on stage and it'll be enough to know I got the credit for this idea.

Giorgio has received 4 thanks from: Amir, FlagshipFighter, Kiske, Mr357
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Himuro » Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 am

Giorgio wrote: If Yu Suzuki enter Sony's E3 stage driving a forklift that is lifting a cargo full of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD's jewel Blu-ray cases, then it'll be the perfect marketing for the whole series. Mr Adam Boyes, if you're reading this, just wink thrice on stage and it'll be enough to know I got the credit for this idea.

I think it wouldn't be a good marketing campaign for Shenmue if the game controls and features are as is. 1 needs a few features like better controls and time skip option.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Snakiest » Tue May 10, 2016 10:24 am

I am expecting Shenmue 3 to be reannounced simply for the awesomeness of the occasion. -)
Snakiest
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue May 10, 2016 11:17 am

Himuro wrote:
Giorgio wrote: If Yu Suzuki enter Sony's E3 stage driving a forklift that is lifting a cargo full of Shenmue 1 & 2 HD's jewel Blu-ray cases, then it'll be the perfect marketing for the whole series. Mr Adam Boyes, if you're reading this, just wink thrice on stage and it'll be enough to know I got the credit for this idea.

I think it wouldn't be a good marketing campaign for Shenmue if the game controls and features are as is. 1 needs a few features like better controls and time skip option.

Yep, i fully agree and i've said it already in the past, if they release Shen 1+2 just with graphical improvements it will damage Shenmue 3 more than it will help.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Tue May 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Kiske wrote:Wow, you've dampened my enthusiasm big time! :lol:

I'm aware that none of my points are solid enough to point towards new Shenmue 3 material or Shenmue HD annoucement.

That said, if I have to throw myself into battle, I need to believe that I can succeed.
This is of course also true for Shenmue :king:

Sorry, man.

I'm pretty hopeful we'll see an update around E3 time! I just don't think the big E3 re-reveal on Sony's stage is going to happen this year.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue May 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
Himuro wrote:

Yep, i fully agree and i've said it already in the past, if they release Shen 1+2 just with graphical improvements it will damage Shenmue 3 more than it will help.

Will newcomers not be more forgiving as it's an older game? I can see how adding some of the features you proposed will help though. We'll see, either way I think it's good to see a re-release or straight port for preservations sake and accessibility as that should be the priority going forward (alongside making a crapton of money hopefully!). I honestly think it wouldn't have a negative impact on S3 unless they perhaps did a poor job of porting it.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Sonoshee » Wed May 11, 2016 2:53 am

Yama wrote: Fingers crossed for an HD announcement.

This is what I'm hoping for.

As I understood it, Shenmue 3 won't be at E3 this year as there won't be anything substantial enough to show. Doesn't mean we won't get a smaller update outside of E3 though ;-)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenSun » Wed May 11, 2016 4:26 am

Shenmue 3 will on the E3 stage. They'd be stupid not to show it considering how much buzz it got last year.

It was one of the biggest announcements at their conference.

Im calling it, Shenmue 3 trailer or gameplay demo with models finally being revealed, along with an hd announcement of the first 2.

ShenSun has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, GYO6161, Kiske
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hanzumon » Wed May 11, 2016 5:17 am

I hope, that we will get a new trailer (with Ryo) and the announcement for Shenmue 1&2 HD collection!!!

Hanzumon has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Hanzumon

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Monkei » Wed May 11, 2016 7:53 am

Don't expect too much. I think it's likely that Shenmue III will be at next year's E3, but not this one. Neither are we gonna get a Shenmue HD announcement.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Wed May 11, 2016 7:55 am

ShenSun wrote: Shenmue 3 will on the E3 stage. They'd be stupid not to show it considering how much buzz it got last year.

It was one of the biggest announcements at their conference.

Im calling it, Shenmue 3 trailer or gameplay demo with models finally being revealed, along with an hd announcement of the first 2.

See that's what I think. I know there are arguments for both debates regarding Shenmue 3 at Sonys E3 conference. But it was part of such a huge announcement last year, why would they not even brag about it. Include something. At the absolute very least, Sony always open wth a video montage, and I'd expect some Shenmue clips to be thrown in there.

I just believe we will see something Shenmue related under the demand of Sony, not so much from a YSnet doesn't have anything to show standpoint.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Hanzumon » Wed May 11, 2016 8:17 am

Monkei wrote: Don't expect too much. I think it's likely that Shenmue III will be at next year's E3, but not this one. Neither are we gonna get a Shenmue HD announcement.

I don´t believe, that we will see nothing about Shenmue III. Shenmue III, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Last Guardian were the big three games on the last sony-e3-event and I think, that we will get an update to each game. :king:
Hanzumon

Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby Valascaziel » Wed May 11, 2016 9:22 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a small teaser trailer, but nothing more than that in regards to III.

The wishful thinking in me hopes to see an announcement of Shenmue I and II HD, with a portion proceeds from the sales of the release going to help fund Shenmue III. How incredible would that be?
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III