E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:19 pm

Shenmue III made IGN's "11 Big Missing Games of E3 2016" video.
Yet again they have just made something up about Shenmue and thrown it out there...

phpBB [video]

"Come on Mr. Suzuki, let us know when we can go fishing again"... I have no idea how this site still operates lol. Who the fuck comes up with this shit! They obviously just read that Shenmue III might have some fishing, and thought... Right, Shenmue 1 and 2 must have as well.

I know its small, but damn I hate IGN lol. ( apart from naomi kyle ;) )
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:06 pm

SheepheadCG wrote: Shenmue III made IGN's "11 Big Missing Games of E3 2016" video.
Yet again they have just made something up about Shenmue and thrown it out there...

phpBB [video]

"Come on Mr. Suzuki, let us know when we can go fishing again"... I have no idea how this site still operates lol. Who the fuck comes up with this shit! They obviously just read that Shenmue III might have some fishing, and thought... Right, Shenmue 1 and 2 must have as well.

You don't recall pulling fish out of the pond first time you leave the dojo in Shenmue I?

mrandyk has received a thanks from: Sonoshee
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:48 am

SheepheadCG wrote: Shenmue III made IGN's "11 Big Missing Games of E3 2016" video.

phpBB [video]

Eh, considering how misinformed the media have been about the game, this is (pardon the fishing pun) small fry.

Though it would only take a few moments scrolling Cedric's Twitter feed to know they didn't plan an E3 appearance. Then again, I'm not sure they're even aware of his involvement... even if his name and company are mentioned all over the Kickstarter.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 am

mrandyk wrote:

phpBB [video]

You don't recall pulling fish out of the pond first time you leave the dojo in Shenmue I?

"This can be food for that kitten"... "I should go to the Shrine"...
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Centrale » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Really? I always just bought some fish from the store while trying to win prizes. I didn't know you could raid your own koi pond.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:52 pm

you can't.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Centrale » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:39 pm

LOL, I imagine that's for the best. Wouldn't have surprised me if I'd missed some detail like that, though. :D
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:17 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:
south carmain wrote: Well they did hire one guy from the community (well I don't know if they "hired" him but they are working with him) but the only effect it really had was inflate his ego to the point where people couldnt fake being happy for him anymore.

I think I know who you mean.

It seems like he basically just gave himself a title and they were nice enough to let him say he's allowed to be the 'official' whatever he is.

Spaghetti wrote: I think I know who you all mean.

I'm not particularly impressed by said fan's efforts to promote the series. Seems half-baked and for the most part, preaching to the choir. Not to mention odd ideas about pitching Shenmue to people on Martial Arts groups on Facebook instead of, y'know, game fans on gaming websites.

Even my pokey little MAGIC Monaco thread on GAF probably got more outreach.

I understand that people can only judge what they see, so I will try and shed some light here because these comments are a little unfair.

The person I'm certain the three of you are talking about has largely worked "behind the scenes" with various fan community managers in ways that most aren't aware of. I hate to be coy about the details but it's not my place to discuss them openly. However you do at times see the results of that work without knowing that you are, because his ego's not exactly what it's made out to be in the first post above.

I can only speculate on what would cause someone to have to "fake" being happy for him in the first place, as he was an enthusiastic member of this forum who went to extraordinary lengths (truly above and beyond) to try and help something that this site was built for, but that's an ugly side of the human psyche I'd rather not dwell on.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Iyo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:29 pm

To be realistic, it was obviously going to be a no-show for Shenmue III to be shown in anyway, shape or form at the passed E3 this year. There's nothing to show mate. They are probably going through tests of the game and any footage that is shown wouldn't represent bull and so it's good nothing was shown. Why oh why dissapoint yourselves by expecting it to have shown in E3 this month. Just look on the bright side. The good footage and news will be given at the end, heck I'd want nothing to be shown until the demo and then final game.
Iyo
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:I understand that people can only judge what they see, so I will try and shed some light here because these comments are a little unfair.

The person I'm certain the three of you are talking about has largely worked "behind the scenes" with various fan community managers in ways that most aren't aware of. I hate to be coy about the details but it's not my place to discuss them openly. However you do at times see the results of that work without knowing that you are, because his ego's not exactly what it's made out to be in the first post above.

I can only speculate on what would cause someone to have to "fake" being happy for him in the first place, as he was an enthusiastic member of this forum who went to extraordinary lengths (truly above and beyond) to try and help something that this site was built for, but that's an ugly side of the human psyche I'd rather not dwell on.

:-k

Hm. I'm ultimately speaking from a position of ignorance, because all I've really been able to see is the public facing efforts on social media, which again, do leave something to be desired. If this person we're talking about has made efforts behind the scenes we don't know about, then I regret the tone of my comments. I won't retract them wholesale though, because ultimately better outreach needs to happen for Shenmue III and the series as a whole.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Okay, WHO is the member who is now involved in Shenmue 3's development?

WHY did he get the position?

In WHAT capacity is he working on Shenmue 3?

Have we seen the RESULTS yet of his work?

And WHY aren't people happy for him? Did he make a dick-move somewhere down the line? Is his identity Adam Doree?????

I want answers!

SMDzero has received a thanks from: punkmanced
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:04 am

Why, so you can write a rib tickling spoof article about it?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:16 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Why, so you can write a rib tickling spoof article about it?

Just call me a Shensceptic..... Shexit to vote my funds OUT of the project if this guy ain't on the level.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:22 am

I realize the tiniest morsel of melodrama can brighten a dull existence, but this is one tedious molehill that needn't become the Internet's daily distraction.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:40 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I realize the tiniest morsel of melodrama can brighten a dull existence, but this is one tedious molehill that needn't become the Internet's daily distraction.

Just someone PM me the story. I have no interest in airing petty intrigue but it seems incredible that someone here IS actually working on Shenmue 3.
Last edited by SMDzero on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III