Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Monkei » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Ohh, I see. But she was kinda shocked or mad or whatever when you told her about the Kickstarter? Don't mean to dig into your private life by any means, but I remember you posting something like that. Won't harass you with further questions about this. Sounds like she's a keeper anyway, so good on you! :)

I've got two more questions for you, if that's cool:

Will we ever get to read some kind of travel blog entry thing from you, describing the whole trip?

Who were the other backers at the dinner again? Or do they want to remain anonymous?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Peter wrote: Nah i met Lori weeks after the KS ended lol! Poor woman stuck with me a full year whilst i was saving for Japan, so fair play to her.

I know if i had a little more money then this would already be booked, but considering i would just be going there for one thing with no real interest in playing any of the other games on offer during the 2 day show, then its not worth it. Whilst not confirmed, i think MAGIC is a better idea, so i will see what happens and if Suzuki-san gets announced for that event.

Thank you so much Peter for all you info!! It cheers me up all what you said. :D

I understand you don't want to fail the trust Yu put in you and dont want to ask you uncomfortable questions so if you cant answer, no problem.

Do you think we can expect the launch in december 2017 as they more or less stated?
Will we have the demo next year?

Thank you so much!! :D
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Amir » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:24 pm

I understand if no one wants to write a long article, but I think it'd help raise awareness if we could collate what's already out there (Peter's photos, Adam's phitos, general thoughts without specifics) to show the Kickstarter and the game in a positive light. I'd be happy to put it all together in a Medium post or something similar.

Amir has received 5 thanks from: Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Monkei, Switch, Yokosuka
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby breakYODAy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm lucky enough to have moved to the Pacific Northwest this year, and therefore close enough to afford attending PSX :D. I'm thinking there will likely be something shown at the event, although I'll be keeping my expectations tempered. Still, its exciting that there's even a chance I might get to attend a conference where Shenmue III is shown.
breakYODAy
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: breakYODAy
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Postby Sappharad » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Peter wrote:I know if i had a little more money then this would already be booked, but considering i would just be going there for one thing with no real interest in playing any of the other games on offer during the 2 day show, then its not worth it. Whilst not confirmed, i think MAGIC is a better idea, so i will see what happens and if Suzuki-san gets announced for that event.

I think you'd be making the right choice by not going if you have no interest in anything else. The press conference at the beginning will be live streamed like previous years, you can watch it online for free. Besides, if they do show something, you already have an idea of what you might see. If you want to see live reactions, I'm sure they'll end up on YouTube.

I specifically decided to take the trip because there are other things there that will interest me besides the possibility of seeing a Shenmue 3 trailer. There will probably be at least one panel for some random topic that I'll be interested in attending, and there are some upcoming games that I plan to get so it would be neat to try them in person. (I really hope Sega has a booth, I want to try Sonic Mania)
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:50 am

IMO you should hold off on this one Peter and go to Magic instead. It will be live streamed and if you're not interested in anything besides Shenmue PSX might not be worth it, and if you're not interested in anything else in the LA area, it especially won't feel worth it. Instead you should please your girlfriend and surprise her with a trip to Monaco. Attend Magic a bit, and have a nice mini vacation with her. If my boyfriend did that for me, I'd really like it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:11 pm

For the last couple years, I've enjoyed the PSX shows more than E3. I'm still hoping against hope to see a Shenmue HD Collection announcement. We'll see what happens but after reading through this thread, we should expect something, maybe even a Shenmue 3 trailer. Regardless, I'll be anticipating this year's PSX for many other reasons as well. I'm hoping for the following to be announced or shown:

- Shenmue HD Collection (both 1 & 2)
- Shenmue 3 trailer
- Dino Crisis Reboot announcement (with Regina - 2019 is 20th anniversary)
- Next Naughty Dog title announcement
- Tomb Raider 3 announcement trailer (for 20th anniversary celebration)
- Resident Evil 2 Remake trailer (also for 20th anniversary celebration of series)
- God of War Reboot info
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake info/release date (next year is 20th anniversary)

... after seeing all the 20th anniversaries... I feel old.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Off topic, but I just did the very stupidest thing. I mean really stupid.

I was looking at your sig, Telekill, with the PS4 branding and the characters from Uncharted and (I think?) Resident Evil, and when my eyes locked on the Shenmue characters beside them a little spark of recognition lit up inside me and I thought, "Oh hey - a Shenmue fan!"

Completely forgot where I was for a second. #-o #-o #-o #-o I need sleep.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Off topic, but I just did the very stupidest thing. I mean really stupid.

I was looking at your sig, Telekill, with the PS4 branding and the characters from Uncharted and (I think?) Resident Evil, and when my eyes locked on the Shenmue characters beside them a little spark of recognition lit up inside me and I thought, "Oh hey - a Shenmue fan!"

Completely forgot where I was for a second. #-o #-o #-o #-o I need sleep.

LOL. Happens to all of us. Yeah, those are my top three games; Shenmue series, Uncharted series, and Resident Evil Remake.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gavan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Telekill wrote:
Yeah, those are my top three games; Shenmue series, Uncharted series, and Resident Evil Remake.

You have good taste =D>

Gavan has received a thanks from: Telekill
Gavan
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Sonic Mania Plus

Postby Telekill » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks. I think so. My next big game will be Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) a little less than two weeks from now. Hoping for a good story.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:25 pm

The Telekill's signature got me too one day.

And my other favorite game beside Shenmue I&II is probably Resident Evil Rebirth as well. :)

Yokosuka has received 3 thanks from: Gavan, Let's Get Sweaty, Telekill
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:39 pm

Telekill wrote:Thanks. I think so. My next big game will be Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) a little less than two weeks from now. Hoping for a good story.

Oh, you're in for a treat! I watched my brother play it last Xmas, very pretty game! I liked the first game, but personally got a bit burned out on that type of genre atm so I still haven't gotten around it. Would rather play uncharted 4 as I enjoy the story/vibes more (although, I don't really enjoy much of the gameplay in 1-3) but I still don't have a ps4 yet. Playing yakuza 4 though atm and loving that, recently finished 3 and over the course of the game loved it! Was really happy about this as I couldn't get into the first one. I have 3, 4 and 5 and if I finish them by the end of the year I may pick up a ps4 sooner (before shenmue 3) for yakuza 0 launch or yakuza 6 (if it comes out). Hopefully we hear more at PSX w/ shenmue!

Message from all: is any of the yakuza spinoffs worth playing? Im new to this series and don't know much about it, but I have seen a zombies one in a store recently... thx!

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Telekill
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby SMDzero » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Peter, did what you see seem like a logical extension of the Guilin sequence in Shenmue II?

Obviously the graphics are updated substantially..... but did it seem like it was truly the same universe that you could jump right into after finishing disc 4 without missing a beat???
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 pm

SMDzero wrote: Peter, did what you see seem like a logical extension of the Guilin sequence in Shenmue II?

Obviously the graphics are updated substantially..... but did it seem like it was truly the same universe that you could jump right into after finishing disc 4 without missing a beat???

Great question.
The sense of continuity is my greatest worry about Shenmue 3.
Shenmue 1&2 felt like part of one cohesive adventure, to the point that I regard them as one game.

I already made my peace with the fact that Shenmue 3 will be different (15 years gap, different staff, new engine, etc...) but I hope it won't be different enough to effect the sense of continuity.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III