Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Xandui » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 pm

Wow, really surprised to see Cedric reference the Dec 2017 release date. I've been so sure it would be delayed well beyond that. If we say development in earnest started around Jan 2016 that seems like an insanely short span of time to make a shenmue game with a brand new studio and limited resources. So curious what we're gonna get here though staying optimistic based on all the folks who went to the dinner in Japan.

Re PSX: I have to say I'm so used to being let down as a Shenmue fan that it's almost impossible not to be pessimistic to protect myself from being hurt again. Guessing a lot of us can relate to that feeling.
Xandui
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:24 pm

I wouldn't put a huge amount of weight in Cedric referencing next December, there's still plenty of time for the game to get delayed.

But y'know, he's not in the nitty gritty of development either. He knows what Yu tells him, so if in like another six months Yu determines the game needs delaying then he'll need to work with Cedric to find a strategy that allows for finishing the game.

They could surprise us, though. They're working hard as hell, on an engine that is known for being easy and efficient to work with.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Xandui » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I wouldn't put a huge amount of weight in Cedric referencing next December, there's still plenty of time for the game to get delayed.

But y'know, he's not in the nitty gritty of development either. He knows what Yu tells him, so if in like another six months Yu determines the game needs delaying then he'll need to work with Cedric to find a strategy that allows for finishing the game.

They could surprise us, though. They're working hard as hell, on an engine that is known for being easy and efficient to work with.

Yea totally, all good points. Even if things go well for them I'll be shocked if they hit Dec 2017, unless we're getting an incredibly short game, but as you say plenty of time for delays to still happen
Xandui
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:20 pm

2.5 years is not that short for a game whose the highly experienced creator has a pretty straight idea of it and with the Dreamcast documentation already made. 3 years is usually the adopted span of time. Also depends of how many people form the different teams and studios partners.

The debugging part is going to be the tense part of the whole development so the worst can still happen.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:11 am

Great that SIII wasn't on the game awards, that was boring as fuuukkkkkkk
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:25 am

Speaking of TGAs, the Breath of the Wild trailer made me think they could do a similar style trailer for Shenmue III quite easily.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:38 am

It is the second time that Cedric refers to december 2017 as release date if I remember correctly. They must be sure to be on time. As it has been already said, there are a lot of material already done so that saves a lot of time.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:14 am

Feels like Christmas Eve today.

Won't be online much tonight to roll with the hype. Have to go to a charity dinner, but will be online tomorrow for the fun and festivities.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SMDzero » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:31 am

I remember the day I first saw the Shenmue 1 ODCM trailer and it changed my life.

This is gonna be big.

Shenmue f*cking 3!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 am

SMDzero wrote: I remember the day I first saw the Shenmue 1 ODCM trailer and it changed my life.

This is gonna be big.

Shenmue f*cking 3!

Were trailers still referred to as 'rolling demos' back then? I remember one of the biker dudes in the trailer saying, "This area been getting rather dangerous recently," which I can't remember ever appearing in the final game.

Damn, that was a great trailer.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:55 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote: I remember the day I first saw the Shenmue 1 ODCM trailer and it changed my life.

This is gonna be big.

Shenmue f*cking 3!

Were trailers still referred to as 'rolling demos' back then? I remember one of the biker dudes in the trailer saying, "This area been getting rather dangerous recently," which I can't remember ever appearing in the final game.

They mixed the audio voices with the wrong characters, purposely I suppose.

I just watched this trailer two days ago through my Oculus Rift in the simulated cinema theater. Funny experience.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Yokosuka wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

This is gonna be big.

Shenmue f*cking 3!

They mixed the audio voices with the wrong characters, purposely I suppose.

I just watched this trailer two days ago through my Oculus Rift in the simulated cinema theater. Funny experience.

Does the line "This area been getting rather dangerous recently" even appear in the game at all, regardless of the character? I can't remember ever hearing it outside of the trailer. Master Chen's dialogue in the trailer is different to the final game, too, when he says, "Perhaps, find that mirror, and then we'll talk," instead of, "Perhaps, find it, and then we'll talk," clearly to give some context.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Telekill » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Only 23 hours to go folks. Hyped.
:rotflmao:
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Image

8)

For the new page.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Monkei
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Telekill wrote: Only 23 hours to go folks. Hyped.
:rotflmao:

SMDzero
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III