Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Monkei » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Himuro wrote: :evil: :idea: So Peter, did you just guess or hope that Shenmue III would be at PSX? Was it just hoping for the best or being positive? I honestly feel wound up.

Don't be a bitch now. :lol: It was his best estimation. He's not an official source. Blame yourself for feeling wound up.

PS.: So Windjammers, huh? :lol:

Monkei has received a thanks from: scarless landi
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: All that one-hour stress for nothing hahaha

You mean 2 months.... We've all been looking forward to this day. Everything pointed to it... Even the producer teased it.

Oh well, part of being a Shenmue fan...

I was close to faint in the last minutes.

I'm not angry towards Cédric though. He never really teased it but only admitted one time a high probability while supposing the worst scenario could still happen.

My only hopes now are that YSnet is not showing anything until E3 2017 and that Shenmue III will be a great game.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

There's life beyond She mue certainly, but this doesn't make this any less disappointing.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby BlackHeaven » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Well I think they just suck hard.
BlackHeaven
Asia Travel Representative

Postby jcjimher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Well, don't be hyperbolic...

We don't know the real reasons behind the no-show. Maybe Sony rejected it because the conference was already really stuffed (and I wouldn't have liked Shenmue III to get a supershort mention like a low-profile game). Or because its release date is still quite far and uncertain (most third-party games shown had solid 2017 release dates).

Who knows...I think it's more important to make a good impression when it's finally revealed, than doing it early...
jcjimher
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby scarless landi » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Poor Peter. Getting blamed for the hype on here and on Stream....
scarless landi
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: PhoenixMirror
Steam: PhoenixMirror

Postby BlackHeaven » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

And Shenmue will not sell more than 10000 copies, but I seriously think they absolutely deserve that because of incompetence.
BlackHeaven

Postby Kintor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Monkei wrote: Don't be a bitch now. :lol: It was his best estimation. He's not an official source. Blame yourself for feeling wound up.

*raises hand*

So yeah, I might be interested in Windjammers. Neo Geo emulation is tricky to get right but if the port is done well I'll probably give the game a shot.

Anyway, PSX was a fairly competent conference all things considered. Good pace with lots of game trailers. Yet I can't help but feel something was missing. There was no wow factor, that awe inspiring trailer to really get people excited. Shenmue 3 could have been that moment but alas this is not the case.

Kintor has received a thanks from: Monkei
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Valascaziel wrote: People are gonna start retracting pledges and backlash like Mighty if they don't show something soon for all the money this goddamned game made.

I didn't really expect anything but that's why I wanted them to show something today. Not only because I was curious myself and wanted an update.

Himuro wrote:A year and a half and not a single video besides test demos. No trailer. Not even a location trailer that shows off scenery and very little gameplay. At this point I'm half expecting it won't be at E3.

To be honest, I started to expect more of their monthly updates around the summer. I understand that there is not much to show at the start. But at this point I want to see some more actual work and concrete results. I know that they're not used to work like this but they did choose Kickstarter and need to adapt to that reality for their own sake.

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: As a last stab at my heart, the forest at the beginning of the last trailer gave me 3 seconds of hope....lol

Haha, I also quickly wondered if it could be Shenmue III but after 2-3 seconds I said to my brother that the graphical style seemed different.
Last edited by ys on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:52 pm

People are going to be mad... for about a week. Then it's business as usual looking towards the next update.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

I'm curious about the LA dinner. Will it be in the December update?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Technophilz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Amir wrote: I'm curious about the LA dinner. Will it be in the December update?

It will be THE December update, obviously they have nothing else to show ...

Technophilz has received a thanks from: Himuro
Technophilz

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby shredingskin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Well, to be honest not many KS projects have a great ammount of coverage (the Torment game has been in playable beta for a long time, and actually it's getting released in a couple of months and there's no media about it at all).

Also having backed other games, the updates seem quite good for what it is (nowhere near the DF adventure documentary, but that was the best part of the KS).

I just feel this was a missed chance or something.

Maybe they don't really have anything that can represent the quality the game is targeting, who knows.

But yes, I was pretty hyped today.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenSun » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Not too disappointed. Ive said before and still believe the most logical thing to do is to first show shenmue 3 at e3 2017 and then immediately release shenmue hd after the show. Massive sales

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Monkei
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Monkei wrote:
Himuro wrote: :evil: :idea: So Peter, did you just guess or hope that Shenmue III would be at PSX? Was it just hoping for the best or being positive? I honestly feel wound up.

Don't be a bitch now. :lol: It was his best estimation. He's not an official source. Blame yourself for feeling wound up.

That's fair. For now on I'm going to take a level headed approach. I'm usually level headed when it comes to Shenmue but I think the fact it exists got to my head. Today is a reminder to not let get III get to my head. The best hope for now is to expect nothing. After all, that's what Online and Gai amounted to. Until the game is in my ps4, I will not expect a single thing. That is the best course to take with Shenmue. Being positive will get you kicked in the ass with this series. That's the approach I took the day of E3 and that's the approach I will be taking going forward.

Himuro has received a thanks from: Monkei
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III