Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:32 am

Amir wrote:I asked Yu back in February if Nocon did the tree we saw in the MAGIC Monaco presentation, and the answer was "no". Beyond that, I don't know anything about his role in Shenmue III *shrug*

Mm. Like most everything else in UE4, the foliage system can probably be tweaked to specification but I don't think KidNocon did that for his Hazuki Dojo vid nor did YSnet for the MAGIC prototype footage - so understandably they look similar.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:54 am

Should Shenmue 3 make an appearance at PSX 2016, do you guys think it could also be the moment YsNet & Co. choose to bring the PC version in the Slacker Backer Campaign? Wouldn't it be the perfect time to revitalize the campaign, with Christmas coming on top of that?
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:13 pm

I don't think Shenmue III will be at PSX. I just got a feeling we won't hear/see more until quite a while fro now.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby delvec19 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:28 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: I don't think Shenmue III will be at PSX. I just got a feeling we won't hear/see more until quite a while fro now.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

delvec19 has received a thanks from: Jibby
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Himuro » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:26 pm

Kiske wrote: Should Shenmue 3 make an appearance at PSX 2016, do you guys think it could also be the moment YsNet & Co. choose to bring the PC version in the Slacker Backer Campaign? Wouldn't it be the perfect time to revitalize the campaign, with Christmas coming on top of that?

Exactly what I've been thinking.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Himuro wrote:Exactly what I've been thinking.

Announcing a PC version on an exclusive Sony stage, really?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Kiske wrote: Should Shenmue 3 make an appearance at PSX 2016, do you guys think it could also be the moment YsNet & Co. choose to bring the PC version in the Slacker Backer Campaign? Wouldn't it be the perfect time to revitalize the campaign, with Christmas coming on top of that?

It'd be cool if that was the case. Cedric keeps telling us to wait, and I don't think he's just stringing people along. He's usually very honest about stuff, even if he can't always tell us the details. Hopefully whatever roadblock they had preventing them getting it on there is gone.

ShenmueTree wrote: I don't think Shenmue III will be at PSX. I just got a feeling we won't hear/see more until quite a while fro now.

From Cedric's own mouth we've been told the plan is to show Shenmue III off in December, so even if you don't think it'll be there at PSX I don't know why you think it'll be a long while until we see more.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: delvec19
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Announcing a PC version on an exclusive Sony stage, really?

Maybe I'm reading the intent wrong, but I assume they mean at the same time as the PSX reveal they'll be adding the PC version to the Slacker Backer site, rather than announcing it at PSX.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:40 pm

It's about time for them to add the PC version to the slacker backer , If it's not in the next update I think in Christmas is a good opportunity. They are losing money each day without it.

If they are not in time to show Shenmue 3 off at the psx, I'm sure we'll have a big update in december with screens and a teaser. [-o<
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm

We'll see.

The tsunami risk from the earthquake earlier today in Japan may have thrown a wrench in plans, but of course I'm sure we all prioritise people and their safety over a game reveal.

Tokyo won't have to worry about the tsunami, but there's the potential risk of rolling blackouts affecting work. Cedric did seem to imply YSnet were up against the clock to get something sorted, though this seems like a long-term planned thing and not a spur of the moment decision, so they may have finished what they intend to show already.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:15 am

Can anyone explain why they prefer in-game Ryo to Passport model? IMO in-game his head is too squat. My preferred Ryo is the one in the header of the Dojo.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:25 am

Probably due to the ammount of time spent with the in-game character, I also prefer the header/SO ryo, but I also don't like the passport model, it looks vertically stretched or something, looks quite different from the ryo we know.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 am

Spaghetti wrote: We'll see.

The tsunami risk from the earthquake earlier today in Japan may have thrown a wrench in plans, but of course I'm sure we all prioritise people and their safety over a game reveal.

Tokyo won't have to worry about the tsunami, but there's the potential risk of rolling blackouts affecting work. Cedric did seem to imply YSnet were up against the clock to get something sorted, though this seems like a long-term planned thing and not a spur of the moment decision, so they may have finished what they intend to show already.

I've just heard on radio that there were no damages nor tsunami thanks god.

A week and a day for the next update!

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Announcing a PC version on an exclusive Sony stage, really?

Maybe I'm reading the intent wrong, but I assume they mean at the same time as the PSX reveal they'll be adding the PC version to the Slacker Backer site, rather than announcing it at PSX.

That's what I meant. Not specifically announce a PC version for the slacker backer campaign of course, but ideally, end the trailer with the pre-order page link, like in Dreamcaster's Tube fantastic video and at the same time, add the PC version to SB and publish an extra Kickstarter update covering the PSX reveal + the PC version addition.

Hey Spags, I was checking NeoGaf forums for PSX news and I came across this post from our Dojo friend "ShenmueGuru" :king:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=769

I'm shocked by the lack of reaction to his message in more than 8 pages following it. Now, I'm not GAF expert and it has always been kind of a strange beast to me, but is this indicative on how deep Shenmue 3 has gone in average gamers minds since E3 2015?

In a way, it would be even more great to have a trailer at PSX because it's apparently not that expected and would probably be the perfect "re-reveal" event for Shenmue 3.

Anyway... 11 days to go! :mad:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Kintor » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am

Kiske wrote: Hey Spags, I was checking NeoGaf forums for PSX news and I came across this post from our Dojo friend "ShenmueGuru" :king:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=769

I'm shocked by the lack of reaction to his message in more than 8 pages following it. Now, I'm not GAF expert and it has always been kind of a strange beast to me, but is this indicative on how deep Shenmue 3 has gone in average gamers minds since E3 2015?

In a way, it would be even more great to have a trailer at PSX because it's apparently not that expected and would probably be the perfect "re-reveal" event for Shenmue 3.

Anyway... 11 days to go! :mad:

I wouldn't worry too much about what happens inside NeoGAF. That forum has always had a weird disconnect between what's popular in mainstream gaming and what NeoGAF is currently obsessed with. Sometimes that quirk can prove useful, like in the lead-up to Shenmue 3's reveal at E3 2015. Other times it's a fatal character flaw, like when NeoGAF descended into self-loathing recriminations when Hillary Clinton lost the Presidential election. So, best not to read too much into that thread, any number of random factors could have resulted in that post being overlooked - none of which have anything to do with gaming across the rest of the internet.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III