Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 am

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/ ... ble-games/

The event itself looks immense. Well pumped for it. Wish I had of went now.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Nankeiro » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:01 am

I do really hope and wish for news!! well, we all do!
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:01 am

I sincerely hope there will be some kind of cutscenes and gameplay in the trailer... I want to finally get a 'feel' on what kind of game we might get with Shenmue 3.

Just panning the camera over environments won't do for me... not anymore.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Suzuki Yu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:30 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Next week's Kickstarter update is going to be interesting. I have literally no idea whether they'll use it to tease, or just play it cool like nothing is coming.

i don't think they will release any update this month, they might wait the extra 3 to 4 days if there is any king of reveal in PSX.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:19 am

Rikitatsu wrote: I sincerely hope there will be some kind of cutscenes and gameplay in the trailer... I want to finally get a 'feel' on what kind of game we might get with Shenmue 3.

The most complicated thing in this is showing how is the game without spoil the story, cutscenes always are story related.

I'm curious about how have evolved the graphics, how are the NPCs, the alive world we know...and above all how do Ryo and Shenhua look.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Himuro » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:49 am

drunkensailor wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:
Himuro wrote:Are these lots of indie and smaller titles with actual gameplay footage?

Depends. Fez 2 (before it got canned, lmao) got a buzz with just a logo, and I remember Volume's reveal trailer (which did have technically gameplay footage) getting attention with mostly fruity narration and test environments.

These aren't Shenmue III though. They don't have the legacy, they didn't have the explosive reveal. But again, it's not actually a bad thing that the game has pretty much vanished from gamer consciousness except for the odd "whatever happened to ___?" It'll only benefit the game more when it comes out from left field and (hopefully) surprises people.

They don't have the legacy or explosive reveal but they do have a new game. Why would anyone care more about Shenmue III than Fez 2 that isn't a Shenmue fan? Shenmue II was 15 years ago. 14 if you're talking about IIx. Fez came out in 2012. That's a few years ago and still fresh in peoples minds. Shenmue though? 15 years without a new game is a long fucking time in the game industry. What are you expecting? Of course people are more excited about that. There's nothing to grasp on to Shenmue III for non-fans. There's been no trailer, no in-depth gameplay footage or anything. Fez 2 is going to garner interest because people who play games now have actually played it.

ugh stop trying to be this "forced" mr negative here. of course everyone is more excited about shenmue 3. did you sleep under a rock when it was revealed at e3? internet was on fire. shenmue is far more known than fez, or whatever

I'm not being negative at all. Just being realistic. Expecting people to still care about Shenmue III when it hasn't had a trailer, hasn't had gameplay footage, was revealed a year and a half ago, and the initial reveal was very cheap is completely unreasonable.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:09 am

Himuro wrote:I'm not being negative at all. Just being realistic. Expecting people to still care about Shenmue III when it hasn't had a trailer, hasn't had gameplay footage, was revealed a year and a half ago, and the initial reveal was very cheap is completely unreasonable.

I never said in my posts that I expected people to still care. I just said the game was gone from people's minds and not even achieving a baseline buzz other titles get, despite being part of the E3 2015 "holy trinity".

Another example: there was slightly more talk about Rime than Shenmue III in the PSX thread, and Rime is now actual vaporware after switching publishers and vanishing for a few years.

And I'll say again- Shenmue III having basically dropped off the radar is only going to help it when it makes a re-reveal.

Rikitatsu wrote: I sincerely hope there will be some kind of cutscenes and gameplay in the trailer... I want to finally get a 'feel' on what kind of game we might get with Shenmue 3.

The trailer Japan dinner backers saw had cutscene material, but it was primarily a location reveal. Of course we have no idea how this trailer has changed in six months, but both Shenmue and Shenmue II had trailers like this before release/more developed trailers, so try not to feel too burned if it doesn't give you the amount of cutscenes clips you want.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:39 am

Suzuki Yu wrote:i don't think they will release any update this month, they might wait the extra 3 to 4 days if there is any king of reveal in PSX.

It could honestly go either way. I'd prefer a tease about PSX to put any lingering worries about a no-show to bed, though no update is kind of the equivalent anyway.

If it's a regular fluff-piece update then we'll still have no indication what's coming, and so the "will they/won't they" madness will continue for a few more days. :lol:

All we have to do is hold out for just slightly over a week and this will all be over! Well, until E3...
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:33 am

I think the announcement won't affect things either way. We can't lose. If there is no update, then that confirms it for me, if they do a tease in an update, then same result.

If they say no we won't be there, or ignore the event in the update then we will just call smoke and mirrors. Just gotta wait one more week.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kiske » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:08 am

One week... one week... one week... [-o<
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:39 am

Kiske wrote: One week... one week... one week... [-o<

We enter the slowish evil time. :evil: :twisted:
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:41 pm

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201635854368768

@CedricBiscay As a Shenmue fan, do you recommend me to tune in to the Playstation Experience '16 livestream? :D

@TangoGWfan hmmm today my answer is yes but we never know ;)

8)

I also got a reply, but the one above is certainly more direct.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201803307761664

@CedricBiscay I'm sure you're sick of these questions, but are the plans for a December re-reveal of Shenmue 3 still going smoothly? Thanks!

@SpaghettiNEOGAF we are doing our best as usual !

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: delvec19, Hazuki00
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

So from 90%, we move to 95% chance. Next step: a tweet from the master.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Hopefully this has put any remaining fears about it not being there to bed.

Cedric is kind of covering his ass on if any last minute changes happen in the next week, but... that's very unlikely.

It's happening, guys. :D

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Spaghetti wrote: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201635854368768

@CedricBiscay As a Shenmue fan, do you recommend me to tune in to the Playstation Experience '16 livestream? :D

@TangoGWfan hmmm today my answer is yes but we never know ;)

8)

Wow! This almost confirm it for psx! I suppose he does not want to say a straight yes for not spoil the surprise and just in case they could not be at psx for any reason but, this almost confirm they will be there! I'm hyped as hell! \:D/ :D

Hazuki00 has received 2 thanks from: Gavan, Spaghetti
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III