Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby fittersau » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 am

yuc02 wrote: I'm one of the 10k backers, and I did get to see some content that's not been released publicly. What I've seen has personally reassured myself about the project, and I believe that's the same sentiment everyone else who went to the dinners felt. Unfortunately we've been asked not to disclose them outside so can't force you to feel the same, that's just something you'll have to trust us on.

I'm only speculating here but I guess either the project has hit some difficulties recently such that a video wasn't possible, or it was deemed not good enough by Suzuki-San.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed as well, but I ask of people to have a bit more patience, and try not to spread this negativity into something the media can make up as newsworthy. We managed to wait more than a decade didn't we?

This.

Coming from someone who's seen the development first hand, I think it's enough to take a fellow Dojo member on their word. Then you have mega fans like Peter who's slack jaw photo speaks a thousand words without saying anything. He is truly gobsmacked at what he saw. Read into reactions of the people in the know more.

For Ys Net, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. They were damned for showing a relatively crappy cut and paste job for the Kickstarter video and damned for showing other updates with crappy fingers and immature Ryo models. They just can't win even if they are trying to satisfy the fans and the press.

With this in mind they probably feel its better not to feed the trolls, because it's damning either way.

What you can do is look at the updates especially this last one with Yu Suzuki reflecting on a lot on the game and music. He seems relaxed and so did the interviewer.

Rome wasn't built in one day, nor Shenmue 3 built in one year. So relax, they are working on it and I reckon they are further ahead than they have showed so far and when a proper Shenmue 3 trailer is revealed, it will be right up there and can sit along side of The Last of Us 2 rather than just be a side show reskin of UE4 that it has been in the past.

Read between the lines, see what is unseen, but spoken and your concerns will dissipate.

fittersau has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby fittersau » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:39 am

Would also like to add, PSX focused on titles which were due for release in 2017. Shenmue 3 while targeting the 2017 Xmas holidays, doesn't appear to fit this bill.

Not surprising given the ambition of this title.. Hell even Knack 2 (nobody's fan favourite) looks like a finished game compared to what we've seen so far of Shenmue 3 and nobody predicted a sequel to that game. FWIW, Knack 2 looks a lot better than K1 and fun as well.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 am

iyapol wrote: Cedric has broken the silence.

It may be a misinterpretation, but is Cedric implying that they tried to get something shown at PSX but Sony wouldn't/couldn't show it?

He's also asked fans to wait for the developer update at the end of the month.

Interesting.

Does the Shenmue trailer look really that bad?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:58 am

I am disappointed. Very sadly. But it's good to see that everything is not faked. I thought the Pre-Production of Shenmue III had begun half a year before E3 2015, but it seems that is not so. The Videos of the Kickstarter-Updates are some months old.

I think it's positive that they are taken off the Slacker Backer Campaign. I don't know why, but it looks that there are coming something.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby celsowm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:59 am

I am disappointed too, but not with Ys.net or Shibuya, I am disappointed again with SEGA !
Another opportunity lost, one more event, one more year.
There was a lot of remakes/remades in PSX 16 and one more time no Shenmue HD...
If they are waiting for coca cola license or something to give the "greenlight" Shenmue, oh man... they don't have any kind of salvation !
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby drunkensailor » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:08 am

celsowm wrote: I am disappointed too, but not with Ys.net or Shibuya, I am disappointed again with SEGA !
Another opportunity lost, one more event, one more year.
There was a lot of remakes/remades in PSX 16 and one more time no Shenmue HD...
If they are waiting for coca cola license or something to give the "greenlight" Shenmue, oh man... they don't have any kind of salvation !

this was a sony conference, so what the fuck would sega have to do there? don't understand the difference between sega and sony? what other companies did you see yesterday but sony? :roll:

I'm really disappointed since I expected something to be shown. Imagine what could've happened to the paypal if they had shown a wonderful trailer. this is all to blame on suzuki and co though.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 am

Marvel vs Capcom has always been my favorite Sony game.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: iyapol
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:21 am

That Tweet from Cedric would hopefully imply something is on the way, but after yesterday I think we all know better than to read into that stuff no matter how obvious it seems on the surface.

It should be obvious by this point he's a Producer in name only, which we should have realised given the massive geographical gulf and also the fact he has several separate businesses and projects to oversee. Unfortunately he is our only direct line to the project, so it's kind of our own fault for putting so much emphasis on what he says.

We'll see what comes at the end of the month, but as I'm sure we'll say a lot from now on, don't come with any expectations.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 am

We victim of its own hype in the forum. We need to calm down emotions and understand Ys Net, they are not ready to show the game. Shenmue 3 is very important, if found to be a disappointment as Mighty No. 9, the Shenmue 4 will never release and the saga will not be completed.
Rico
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Snakiest » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:43 am

Even big games get shown less than a year before the actual release (see battlefield), and that is assuming there will be no unexpected delays. Sure, it's a kickstarter project, but they've already had their share of shitty media coverage due to unfinished builds, so it makes they will show it when it's ready. Chill, guys.
Snakiest

Postby Stocke » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:56 am

This is why i don't tend to come here as often since shenmue 3 was announced as in development.
I didn't see anything that would suggest that shenmue 3 would be at PSX so i'm not shocked nothing was shown.
I would assume most of you here are proffesional waiters by now. No need to be so dramatic, we'll see something eventually.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:10 am

Stocke wrote:
I didn't see anything that would suggest that shenmue 3 would be at PSX so i'm not shocked nothing was shown.

You must have not been paying attention, then...

I'm not a fan of this "We set ourselves for disappointment! It's our fault!!" rhetoric. The fans are not to blame, it's 100% on Ysnet and Shibuya Productions.

First, if we are to believe Peter, Ysnet "Strongly suggested" than what they've shown will be showcased at PSX, that's what Kickstarted our hype.

Then, a few days ago, Cedric Biscay himself says he recommends Shenmue fans to watch the PSX livestream...
I mean, how can you blame the fans for getting upset after this?
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 am

A good night's sleep can work wonders.

Last night was disappointing. We can't deny that. It's been a very long year with little news and last night was an opportunity to demonstrate Shenmue on a big stage. It wasn't taken though, and there will be reasons as to why that happened, that we will never find out. So I can only plead not to chase your own tails around in circles. Maybe there's a standalone joint announcement coming, combined with HD remakes? Or maybe this game just isn't at a level where Suzuki-san doesn't want it to be seen quite yet on a public scale (even if my opinion differs).

Opinions are always welcome but these are all kneejerk reactions, and the excitement we didn't get to experience last night is still in the post. It's coming. Shenmue 3 is real, and look how quickly this year has went. One more year and we will be playing Shenmue 3. That's what you need to focus on.

Don't be listening to Cedric Biscay on Twitter. He isn't PR for YSNET and he shouldn't be blamed for anything you were expecting to happen, not happening. Yu is the boss, and if he changes his plans at any stage that's the way it is. The word "blame" shouldn't even be used at all, there's no major tragedy here. Shenmue 3 is in development right now, isn't that enough for you? If you want your Kickstarter money back because monthly updates are not to your satisfaction, or you are unhappy with any aspect other than the fact that Shenmue 3 is being made at all, then why did you give in the first place? Either way, to be blunt, that's your problem and go deal with it. They are working on a game we have waited for over 14 years, and it will be released as promised. End of story.

Going forward, if you are still over the top angry, then get a punching bag or take a walk. Go buy some Christmas presents and realise there are other things in life right now instead of refreshing Twitter for something loosely regarded as "news". Or don't, I am just trying to helput, but there's no result at the end of anger fuelled rants and answer seeking searches to a game that's 50% through development.

Peter has received 5 thanks from: celsowm, delvec19, Let's Get Sweaty, Mr357, Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:24 am

Peter's back! \:D/

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Peter, Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:34 am

Peter wrote:
Don't be listening to Cedric Biscay on Twitter. He isn't PR for YSNET and he shouldn't be blamed for anything you were expecting to happen, not happening.

Cedric is the CEO of Shibuya Productions, the company that is publishing and (partially) funding Shenmue 3.
He has plenty of say in where the game will be showcased, just as any publisher would.

Cedric himself is a producer on Shenmue 3, he would know about plans for a PSX showcase... He isn't just some guy in France that helped Shenmue 3 happen. He is hands-on with the logistics and financial aspects of the project, as the job of a producer dictates.

He is in the "know", and almost certainly in contact with Suzuki on a regular bases. So when he says the game will be featured in PSX, anyone would believe him. There is no reason to suggest that he is clueless to the workings of Ysnet.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Shendream
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III