Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Kiske » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:01 am

Peter wrote: Why is it so expensive to fly to, and stay in Anaheim for 3 days! You could get a week in Tokyo for these prices!!

Talking only about the flight here, but did you try to check for a longer stay?

3 days trip usually means business... I wonder if the prices aren't higher in this case.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 am

But then the accommodation costs balance it out. Plus I am not being helped by the weak pound at the moment.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 am

Peter wrote:4. Dot, dot, dot...

:-k Very interesting.

I have just a few more, but they might be trickier to answer.

Do you think we'll actually get a backer demo around the start of next year?

Given what you've seen, could you compare it more to the original, or Shenmue II? Or, is it kind of its own beast entirely?

Did you see any locations beyond Bailu Village, such as Choubu? If so, how do you estimate Yu's claims of environments being "Dobuita-sized?"
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:06 am

Peter wrote: But then the accommodation costs balance it out. Plus I am not being helped by the weak pound at the moment.

Maybe some Shenmue fan living in the L.A area could give you some valid advice.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:18 am

If someone is willing to let me kip on their sofa for a few nights in exchange for a PSX pass then i am there.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:31 am

Peter wrote: 100% this is the real Shenmue. Yu Suzuki said that "the full on Shenmue experience we have been waiting for."

He wasn't lying.

What did he mean by that? Because many of you disliked Shenmue II compared to the original.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:33 am

I've got a friend in the OC, Peter. If you don't get a couch to sleep on I'll ask him if he can accommodate you.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:34 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Peter wrote: 100% this is the real Shenmue. Yu Suzuki said that "the full on Shenmue experience we have been waiting for."

He wasn't lying.

What did he mean by that? Because many of you disliked Shenmue II compared to the original.

I don't know what he meant i am just giving my opinipn based on what i know. I have never disliked Shenmue 2 over Shenmue. 2 is my favourite game of all time.

Himuro wrote: I've got a friend in the OC, Peter. If you don't get a couch to sleep on I'll ask him if he can accommodate you.

Awesome! Yea, OC seems to be the airport to fly into and not LAX. I have found accommodation which is walking distance to the convention center and only need a deposit to secure. But it's telling the gf that I am away on another Shenmue trip may end up in all sorts of arguments lol.

Peter has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:36 am

Shenmue II <3

Himuro has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:45 pm

If it's indeed going to be shown at PSX'16, I wonder how they will go on about it.

Will it be a trailer? Or a gameplay demonstration?
... Or just Suzuki coming on stage showing few concept art and brief snippets of in-game footage (aka Magic Monaco)?

I honestly hope for a decent-length gameplay demonstration that not only satisfies the fans, but also captures the attention of people who never played the series before.

He wasn't lying.

If I may ask, what do you consider the aspects that define Shenmue? The stuff that sets apart a "Real Shenmue" from a "I guess it's kinda Shenmue"...
Last edited by Rikitatsu on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Do you guys remember that feeling on the Dojo in the days coming up to E3 2015 of just pure positivity and hope, like we all knew something Shenmue related was going to happen even though we didn't have any solid information to go on? It was so surreal (like seriously, go back and read the E3 2015 thread). It could just be becuase of Peter's fantastic posts, but I imagine that feeling might return this December for PSX 2016.

Jibby has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Gameplay/cutscene hybrid video would be ideal (70/30 split, cutscene to gameplay). Making a big deal of the art design and environments would be a cool way to market it. We've already seen to some degree that III carries on the vibrant colours of II, so I'm hoping for some sunsets/sunrises getting in there.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:52 pm

We need a trailer but it's probably too early. I'd like a gameplay demo. Which is what it probably will be because of the KS backer goal. I'm hoping for both.

Peter wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
Peter wrote:

Awesome! Yea, OC seems to be the airport to fly into and not LAX. I have found accommodation which is walking distance to the convention center and only need a deposit to secure. But it's telling the gf that I am away on another Shenmue trip may end up in all sorts of arguments lol.

OC is near Anaheim so it's much better to go through. Don't go to LAX, that may be why your prices are so expensive. LAX is a busy airport.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Monkei » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Great stuff Peter, thanks!

Peter wrote:But it's telling the gf that I am away on another Shenmue trip may end up in all sorts of arguments lol.

Didn't your other girl break up with you over your Kickstarter contributions? Or is it the same one? :D
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Nah i met Lori weeks after the KS ended lol! Poor woman stuck with me a full year whilst i was saving for Japan, so fair play to her.

I know if i had a little more money then this would already be booked, but considering i would just be going there for one thing with no real interest in playing any of the other games on offer during the 2 day show, then its not worth it. Whilst not confirmed, i think MAGIC is a better idea, so i will see what happens and if Suzuki-san gets announced for that event.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III