Playstation Experience - December 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:34 pm

The big press conference-style live show usually does kick off PSX. It's safe to assume it'll be the same this year unless they've had a really radical shakeup somewhere.

As for Shenmue HD, ehhhhhh. It'd be a nice surprise if it happens, but it's best not to hold your breath on that one.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Spaghetti wrote: The big press conference-style live show usually does kick off PSX. It's safe to assume it'll be the same this year unless they've had a really radical shakeup somewhere.

Sweet, tyvm! Cannot wait for that S3 trailer!
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:49 pm

I'm 99% sure we're going to see the new model for Ryo, it doesn't make sense to show the game at such a big event and and still use the old model, Especially since it's almost a year and a half in development.

What I'm not sure they'll show, is the combat...

By the way do you guys think the original voice actors for Ren/Guizhang/Fuku and Lan-Di/Chai will come back for Shenmue 3? I know there's an interview with them somewhere, but I didn't watch it... Did they express interest in reprising their roles in Shenmue 3? Would be cool if they do... Ren's voice is especially iconic, and I hate to see them using a different voice actor.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:50 pm

There's no real guarantee the models are going to be done to the point of being ready to show, but I'd be surprised if they still use the E3 2015 ones unless the new iterations somehow looked drastically unfinished.

If the trailer is a spruced up version of what Peter and LanDC saw with an extra six months of development added, I can see them having less placeholders in the way of models and such.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Rez Infinite was a huge surprise announcement last year, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the "Rez countdown".

I tweeted Mizuguchi a month beforehand saying how awesome it would be to have Rez in VR and he liked it, I had no idea it was in the works...
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:27 pm

So- if Shenmue III makes PSX where does it appear in the show running order?

Sony usually opens and closes with stuff they're heavily involved in/first party games, so I don't think Shenmue III will be at the top or bottom of the show. Might make for a nice mid-point surprise, if they don't do the whole "At E3 2015, gamers everywhere brought back a beloved franchise...".
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby dnlandi » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

i believe we will get a gameplay trailer.....
dnlandi
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: dnikoles
XBL: dnikoles

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Well, environments at least. Fingers crossed for some specific mechanics like combat and Character Perspective, I'd love even just a tease of those.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 am

Spaghetti wrote: So- if Shenmue III makes PSX where does it appear in the show running order?

Sony usually opens and closes with stuff they're heavily involved in/first party games, so I don't think Shenmue III will be at the top or bottom of the show. Might make for a nice mid-point surprise, if they don't do the whole "At E3 2015, gamers everywhere brought back a beloved franchise...".

I can actually see them opening with a Shenmue III trailer. But somewhere in the middle of the presentation is probably the safer bet. I don't think closing is an option.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 am

I don't think it's a show opener game, y'know?

It depends what the content of the trailer really is. If it's a step further than what the KS dinner backers saw then maybe, but based on their descriptions it sounds like it relies more on wonderment then straight up action/excitement that makes for an explosive show opening.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:39 am

It depends also on what there will be at PSX (and let's do not forget that Shenmue 3 is only rumored).

Anyway, here's last year show (honestly, for Playstation fans, way better than E3 imo).

phpBB [video]

Kiske has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:21 pm

I usually don't care that much about the story but I'd lose my mind if the trailer features the combat between Ryo and Lan Di.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 pm

I'm really hoping Shenmue 3 won't feel rushed, story-wise... I read that you
fight the four bosses of the Chi You Men in Shenmue 3, which I assume includes Lan Di

And considering Ryo wasn't even able to land a hit on Xiuying in Shenmue 2, I find it hard to believe he will do well against Ziming and Lan Di, which are as strong, if not stronger than Xiuying.

Unless Shenmue 3 starts off with Ryo undergoing extensive training in Bailu... But even then, it would feel rushed if he beat all of the Chiyoumen bosses by the end of the game.

I really hope the game is quite lengthy so it can provide a lot of time for Ryo to grow up and improve his martial arts.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:49 pm

The initial purpose of AM2 was to make Shenmue I and Shenmue II in one game before splitting it to assist the Dreamcast release in Japan so Shenmue 3 is understood to be the longest episode of the saga rather than compress the story.

One environment in Shenmue 1, two and a half for Shenmue 2, three in Shenmue 3. I think it's worth believing my theory.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:26 pm

I don't think we have to worry very much about the story being rushed.

Yu Suzuki's Red Bull interview:
“I’m afraid that the story will not be concluded with Shenmue 3,” Suzuki says, frankly. “After thinking it through, we decided that forcing a conclusion in Shenmue 3 would only make the story feel rushed and compromise the game as a whole.

I'm trying to find the quote, but I think Yu did say III would finish Chapter 5 and go beyond Chapter 6, so let's assume it gets partway into Chapter 7 the same way II got partway into III. That seems reasonable.

Anyway, the developer/publisher list for PSX has been announced and there's no sign of YSnet. The list may be for exhibitors, i.e games the public can play at the event, so there's still every chance Shenmue III will be at the stage show.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III