Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Postby Peter » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:18 am

Thanks bud.

Yea I mean it's a fantastic experience, and the first time I met him of course I was giddy and nervous. But then a couple of more meets and the reality sets in that Yu Suzuki... is just a man. A human being like us. In fact, a lovely, kind and we'll mannered gent which this world needs a lot more of. It's a great testament to the culture of Japan in general. So polite and considerate, and if you watch the news these days and see what shape the world is in, you get what I am saying.

In fact, there's a part of me that has some sympathy for him in terms of what his career comes with. He just does what he is really good at, and as a result, means he is a public figure and lives a semi-celebrity lifestyle. He is fine on camera, but is nervous and really needs to be prepped before going on stage, or in front of a lens. He gets really nervous like the rest of us would. He just wants to create and be an inspiration to younger people wanting to do what he does.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby celsowm » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:37 am

Peter wrote: That was what I was hoping for. As long as I can make at least one fan feel better with the privelidged position I was in, then that was a success for me. I certainly don't want to be that guy who is like, "yea I seen stuff but I can't speak about it" for an ego boost or out of satisfaction. I'm not that way inclined. LanDC more or less covered what we seen. But at the same time, Harry and Yu said to please keep it to ourselves so it's a hard position for us to be in.

That's one side of the coin, like I said I don't like being a secretive guy, but on the other side, we know what's coming in terms of what each scene details, so our surprise is ruined. It's a situation where you make a sacrifice either way. So I just played the fence by trying my best to get you guys reassured and excited. That's what I took away from the entire experience, and not just a few minutes of non finished footage. Not what was on the screen, but the sheer fact that this really is a proper Shenmue game. Not a 15 year later interpretation, or a watered down Kickstarter game. This is as if you got the Dreamcast game in 2006 and it's just been made with a better engine. I cannot emphasise that enough, and I am counting down the days to December when I am sure we will all feel the same way.

celsowm has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby DreamcastPast » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:33 pm

Thanks to Peter and LanDC and all who went for sharing what info you can, but especially for making the rest of us feel more comfortable and excited as to how this is progressing.
DreamcastPast

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby darksniper » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm glad to see that the game is looking good so far. My biggest concern is that Ryo looks like Ryo. The model that was revealed to the public was trash but I know that was just a placeholder. Of course his DC model will work just fine. Just him an HD can of paint and lets go!
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SMDzero » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:14 am

I wonder what the next update will be?

Maybe Yu Suzuki will show us a little little bit more of Bailu Village?
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:55 am

We know not to expect much until December, and they're likely working like dogs at the moment to get whatever they want ready for a possible PSX showing to look great. I would not be surprised if this month and next are just fluff updates prepping for a December blow-out.

Another dev room video would be nice and fairly quick to shoot, but I don't know what they could show. I'm chomping at the bit for a taste of combat, even if it's a brief glimpse of mo-capped animations with wireframe models.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:16 am

Although I have the same feeling as Spaghetti, I honestly don't know what we can expect from this month's update.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:54 am

We'll find out tomorrow, hopefully. Either that or they hang back until Monday.

Any changes in the website's cache? That's usually our best indicator of an incoming update.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Yes there are items in the cache and an update is imminent, but they are not in the public domain so it would be wrong to post them. Everyone should see the update at the same time when it's released.
I don't expect a big update, I would say the less unimpressive the better to maximise the wow effect the following month. December is going to change the entire complexion and opinion of Shenmue 3.

Peter has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:37 pm

content removed
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:02 pm

As I said in the post before yours, please don't reveal things that are not in the public domain. It's the responsibility of Awesome Japan to reveal an update, not us fans poking through web address codes.

Peter has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:17 pm

That's fair enough. If it's in the cache that means it'll go live tomorrow around noon UK time like usual. I can wait. :D
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:59 am

Peter wrote:December is going to change the entire complexion and opinion of Shenmue 3.

This is so exciting and at the same time so painful, considering we still have to wait more than a month to witness what unquestionably did deeply impress you.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!! :ph34r:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:20 am

Kiske wrote:
Peter wrote:December is going to change the entire complexion and opinion of Shenmue 3.

This is so exciting and at the same time so painful, considering we still have to wait more than a month to witness what unquestionably did deeply impress you.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!!! :ph34r:

That sentence gave me chills too...For what Suzuki and codirector have already said (full on shenmue experience, high expectatives..) I'm too hyped! I'm sure they won't disappoint us! Besides that, reading what Peter has already written confirms what I think :D
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:00 am

Looks like update 61 will be up on monday. Image
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster