What are you looking forward to in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: What are you looking forward to in Shenmue III?

Postby Kiske » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:29 pm

That's a though one.

I really hope the game will last at least 20 hours...

I just want to go back into Shenmue's world and try to forget it might end with a cliffhanger as unbearable as the one in Shenmue II.

It's a never ending story for Shenmue fans :-#
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Is it bad I kind of look forward to a cliffhanger?

I'm of the belief the one at the end of II kept the series alive a lot longer than if the game just ended when Ryo literally walks into the sunset at the end of Kowloon.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Mr357
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Is it bad I kind of look forward to a cliffhanger?

I'm of the belief the one at the end of II kept the series alive a lot longer than if the game just ended when Ryo literally walks into the sunset at the end of Kowloon.

You're probably right about the cliffhanger in Shenmue II. I would still feel more relaxed if I was sure there's gonna be a Shenmue 4 and eventually a closure for the Saga.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Kiske wrote:You're probably right about the cliffhanger in Shenmue II. I would still feel more relaxed if I was sure there's gonna be a Shenmue 4 and eventually a closure for the Saga.

That's the burden of being a Shenmue fan, I guess. The series aint' over til it's over, and we've all got to help carry it over the finish line.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SMDzero » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:42 pm

What are the chances that one of the 70k kickstarter backers "kicks the bucket" before the release date? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully they get buried with a copy of the game so that they can play it in the afterlife.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:38 pm

This thread is so morbid now! :lol:

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:57 pm

SMDzero wrote: What are the chances that one of the 70k kickstarter backers "kicks the bucket" before the release date? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hopefully they get buried with a copy of the game so that they can play it in the afterlife.

It's going to happen, no doubt about it. Might have already happened, actually, and no-one has reported it.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:10 am

Peter wrote:
Himuro wrote: Being alive when I get to play it.

Not to sound morbid, but I very much second this. It's so strange... I've started looking twice before I cross the street and stuff like that. I know it's not exactly a healthy frame of mind, but it would just be my luck to finally make it this far and give so much of my life to Shenmue for something bad to happen right before release. I'm going to hell anyways which is bad enough, but if I get down there before Shenmue 3 then they will have to redefine the concept because I will fucking wreck the place.

This last May I was going to kill myself and have had history with suicidal ideation. I'm not saying Shenmue III is the sole motivator, but it is a motivator to keep me going and remind me to not give up and that anything is possible. So I was being completely honest lol.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby mrandyk » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:31 am

Spaghetti wrote: This thread is so morbid now! :lol:

Oh so very morbid. It's great if a hopeless person finds a reason to live, but if that reason is a video game I believe there is more work to be done.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:12 am

mrandyk wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: This thread is so morbid now! :lol:

Oh so very morbid. It's great if a hopeless person finds a reason to live, but if that reason is a video game I believe there is more work to be done.

Like I said, it's not the main reason. But it's definitely something to look forward to. Life is pretty great these days. I've had a really good year. The best year of my adult life actually.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby SMDzero » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:19 am

ShenGCH wrote:
SMDzero wrote: What are the chances that one of the 70k kickstarter backers "kicks the bucket" before the release date? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's going to happen, no doubt about it. Might have already happened, actually, and no-one has reported it.

Will YsNet still feel obligated to provide the poor deceased backer's reward fulfillment?

It would be the "right" thing to do.. but they could save the $$ and add to the game's budget... :-k
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:11 am

The most Ys Net's likely to know about it is that somebody didn't complete their survey, which is not necessarily an indicator of death (although for some fans it would be).

I haven't done the calculations but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a statistical inevitability that at least one amongst 70,000 backers will come a cropper during the game's gestation period, and it's probably happened with other Kickstarters whether reported or otherwise. I mean someone missing out on their deck of Exploding Kittens cards isn't likely to have been front and center of their obituary.

Mind you, if Peter carks it tomorrow, I suspect his gravestone will barely have room for his name beneath the various Shenmue quotes and characters carved into its phantom river stone. :P
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:51 am

SMDzero wrote:
ShenGCH wrote:

Will YsNet still feel obligated to provide the poor deceased backer's reward fulfillment?

It would be the "right" thing to do.. but they could save the $$ and add to the game's budget... :-k

Well, let's be real here: if someone who pledged $60 for the physical copy happened to pass away before the game's release, and therefore weren't able to provide their delivery address, that money wouldn't make a ding to the budget.

It would be pretty neat to have a "For Those Who Passed..." section in the credits dedicated to fans who passed away before getting the opportunity to play Shenmue III. Maybe this is something we should put forward to the team?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:57 am

The raging debates on here full of cynicism, fanboyism, disappointment, and anger. Should be fun.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby KidMarine » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:11 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: The raging debates on here full of cynicism, fanboyism, disappointment, and anger. Should be fun.

We already saw that with Batman vs. Shitterman though.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III