No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 pm

ShenSun wrote:Now if Shenmue 3 doesnt get shown at E3, which is highly unlikely, then we can get the pitch forks out. Hell, i'll be at the front causing the most havoc. I promise you that.

Himuro wrote:And if nothing is at E3 2017? Will you make a wait for PSX thread? When do we stop waiting to see progress of the project?

=/
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Himuro wrote:Not necessarily harass but I have tweeted Cedric my dislike for the lack of new information. You are a backer. This is Kickstarter. Stop acting like we have no voice. The only thing to do is wait? If they miss E3 then I'll ask the media to report on it.

While I'm not sure you'll feel like this by the time E3 actually rolls around, this kind of attitude is verging into getting petty. I know the wounds are still fresh from the weekend, but c'mon.

ShenSun wrote:Fair enough, if you feel the need to do so, then by all means. But like I said, this is not a traditional Kickstarter, fully funded by fans. It has a massive billion dollar corporation behind it along with other various investors and companies. While we do have a voice, and a very loud one given our community, Sony is in control of the project and have the main voice. They are responsible for the marketing of the game and development, and thus will decide when it is shown and when information should be given out.

Uh, no @ the bolded. Categorically untrue, and proven several times over since the Kickstarter ended. Sony = marketing and distribution of the PS4 version, and production assistance (likely tech support). YSnet are completely in control of the development, funded by the Kickstarter and Shibuya Productions.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 pm

Petty? If this isn't at E3 and they still haven't shown anything by then, it will justified to go to the media about the lack of progress update. How would it be any different from Star Citizen? No, going to the media would be the right thing to do given the amount of money have given this project.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenSun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Himuro wrote:
ShenSun wrote:
Himuro wrote:Not necessarily harass but I have tweeted Cedric my dislike for the lack of new information. You are a backer. This is Kickstarter. Stop acting like we have no voice. The only thing to do is wait? If they miss E3 then I'll ask the media to report on it.

Fair enough, if you feel the need to do so, then by all means. But like I said, this is not a traditional Kickstarter, fully funded by fans. It has a massive billion dollar corporation behind it along with other various investors and companies. While we do have a voice, and a very loud one given our community, Sony is in control of the project and have the main voice. They are responsible for the marketing of the game and development, and thus will decide when it is shown and when information should be given out.

It may not be the answer you're looking for, but i believe its the reality we're facing.

Huh? Bloodstained has had multiple stuff despite heavy a major publisher behind it.

Where are you even getting this? Information or footage won't come out unless Sony deems it? Gio Corsi says they were not approached at all by Ys Net.

So where did you pull this from? No offense but you sound full of it on that point.

No offense taken. Its all my opinion and speculation and could most likely be wrong. I just think the first major reveal will be from Sony on the main stage since they have a major stake in the game.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Himuro wrote: Petty? If this isn't at E3 and they still haven't shown anything by then, it will justified to go to the media about the lack of progress update. How would it be any different from Star Citizen? No, going to the media would be the right thing to do given the amount of money have given this project.

Like I said, I don't think you'll actually feel that way once E3 comes around. We've got seven KS updates and MAGIC '17 until E3, and lots of things can happen between now and then.

But you're sounding like a kid stomping their feet right now.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

We'll have to wait for updates patiently, we don't have a choice. Sending tweet to Cedric, YS Net and so don't have much effect.

I agree with some of you, maybe they should do like Bloodstained, sometimes showing some characters, animations, scenarys...etc.
We, the fans, want to see something about the game. It's fine dome updates as the last one but no game material for almost one year...dissapointing.

Knowing that there are companys like Sony and other investor behind this I suppose makes the situation more difficult and they can't be so open as we want.

There are many things we don't know and we can't judge the situation so easily.

About the last tweet of Cedric saying that we should wait for next update we must take it with care, it could mean another thing than we think.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

What a misleading topic. #-o Do you have any prove for your statement?
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby ShenSun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:30 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Uh, no @ the bolded. Categorically untrue, and proven several times over since the Kickstarter ended. Sony = marketing and distribution of the PS4 version, and production assistance (likely tech support). YSnet are completely in control of the development, funded by the Kickstarter and Shibuya Productions.

Yeah, you're right about the development spag. But, i still think the same logic applies to my post given sony's stake in the project and them being in charge of marketing. Guess we'll know for sure in time.

ShenSun has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:34 pm

Hazuki00 wrote: We'll have to wait for updates patiently, we don't have a choice. Sending tweet to Cedric, YS Net and so don't have much effect.

I agree with some of you, maybe they should do like Bloodstained, sometimes showing some characters, animations, scenarys...etc.
We, the fans, want to see something about the game. It's fine dome updates as the last one but no game material for almost one year...dissapointing.

Knowing that there are companys like Sony and other investor behind this I suppose makes the situation more difficult and they can't be so open as we want.

There are many things we don't know and we can't judge the situation so easily.

About the last tweet of Cedric saying that we should wait for next update we must take it with care, it could mean another thing than we think.

I now no longer take what Cedric says about stuff like this to heart. I see him as producer first but he seems to see himself as fan first.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Spaghetti wrote:
Himuro wrote: Petty? If this isn't at E3 and they still haven't shown anything by then, it will justified to go to the media about the lack of progress update. How would it be any different from Star Citizen? No, going to the media would be the right thing to do given the amount of money have given this project.

Like I said, I don't think you'll actually feel that way once E3 comes around. We've got seven KS updates and MAGIC '17 until E3, and lots of things can happen between now and then.

But you're sounding like a kid stomping their feet right now.

I don't see how. I'm speaking in hypotheticals. If they turn it around and start to show us more, I'll be fine. But if they continue this current trajectory and there's nothing at E3 I will personally contact the media and share that the largest video game Kickstarter has not had any updates about the actual game and the money of 70k people is in question. I don't see how that's being petty or stomping like a child. I'm giving them a chance to prove me wrong.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:41 pm

ShenSun wrote:Yeah, you're right about the development spag. But, i still think the same logic applies to my post given sony's stake in the project and them being in charge of marketing. Guess we'll know for sure in time.

I mean, I'm sure Sony can make a suggestion or assist in the production of marketing materials (helping master trailers for theatre audio, etc). The decisions are ultimately in the hands of the developer, though.

Looking at what Gio said to a Dojo user seems to indicate a hands-off approach until a developer comes to them with an intent to show something. It's a low-pressure solution that seems to work out alright.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Once again, when everyone decide to dig deeper on what a Kickstarter project entitles to, people will realize that the ONLY OBLIGATION Yu Suzuki has towards its backers is to complete the game and fulfill whatever category of rewards you have paid for. Deadlines are actually not an obligation of any Kickstarter project because you are given only estimates when you decided to pledge your money in. So basically the game could be released in 2022 and you given a preview of the game only a few days before its launch if that's what Yu wants and needs to do. And actually that's fine as long as the project comes to a completion. To clarify, fine is not even my feelings towards the issue, but actually what it's deemed to be legal and acceptable by Kickstarter standards. By the way, the Kickstarter website itself urges backers to be PATIENT towards its project creators. For a better understanding, read the KICKSTARTER 101.

In short, no one is entitled to a Shenmue 3 footage in E3 or PSX 2017 unless Yu says so. And even if a trailer doesn't show up in the next year at all, it will only mean Yu doesn't deem the development stage at the moment to be ready for a public display, so more time is needed. This is not an assumption, but a logical conclusion based on my personal Kickstarter experience and research, as mentioned in the other PSX 2016 topic. And by my experience with other crowdfunding projects, Shenmue 3 is currently in smooth sailing mode right now.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Himuro wrote:I don't see how. I'm speaking in hypotheticals. If they turn it around and start to show us more, I'll be fine. But if they continue this current trajectory and there's nothing at E3 I will personally contact the media and share that the largest video game Kickstarter has not had any updates about the actual game and the money of 70k people is in question. I don't see how that's being petty or stomping like a child. I'm giving them a chance to prove me wrong.

I'm just saying, you're sounding like a kid making threats to run away if they don't get what they want. I'm just trying to talk you off a ledge here.

I will personally contact the media and share that the largest video game Kickstarter has not had any updates about the actual game and the money of 70k people is in question.

This reads exactly like I was saying above. Asserting they've made no game-related updates despite the fact they have, is a falsehood with no actual basis in reality.

Here are the game related updates we've had:

Progress Interview with Yu Suzuki (August '15), Month 3 Progress Report (October '15), MAGIC '16 (Feb '16), motion capture testing (May '16), Manabu Takimoto's environmental design (April '16), Toshihiko Masada working on the storyboards (May '16) Keiji Okayasu interview (July '16), Dev Room Vol 01 (August '16), and hell, even the November update at a push.

I get you're still angry from PSX, but unless they literally do not update at all in the next seven months, you won't even catch the attention of even the most ignorant, research-adverse game journalist. You're being blinded by a short-term annoyance.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Himuro wrote:
I don't see how. I'm speaking in hypotheticals. If they turn it around and start to show us more, I'll be fine. But if they continue this current trajectory and there's nothing at E3 I will personally contact the media and share that the largest video game Kickstarter has not had any updates about the actual game and the money of 70k people is in question. I don't see how that's being petty or stomping like a child. I'm giving them a chance to prove me wrong.

quick Himuro, dial 911

sorry, im being a cheeky bastard. Currently drinking with the boys after work. love you really.

Spaghetti wrote:
I mean, I'm sure Sony can make a suggestion or assist in the production of marketing materials (helping master trailers for theatre audio, etc). The decisions are ultimately in the hands of the developer, though.

Looking at what Gio said to a Dojo user seems to indicate a hands-off approach until a developer comes to them with an intent to show something. It's a low-pressure solution that seems to work out alright.

Yeah man. I think they said they said something similar to Kojima about a hands off approach with death stranding, so it makes sense. Hopefully we get a mini documentary series about the development and release process nearer the time of release.

Whatever's happening with Shenmue 3, i think its awesome we're all having this discussion and speculating. This site use to be so quiet. Super loud now. Soon to be louder.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:07 pm

I agree (with the main premise of the topic at least,) as I've said for a while now, I don't expect to see anything substantial until E3. And I wouldn't even be shocked if we don't see anything until TGS. By which time I also expect a delay to be formally announced if it hasn't been already.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III