To All The Donators of "Shenmue 3" worldwide: Roll Call!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: To All The Donators of "Shenmue 3" worldwide: Roll Call!

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:17 am

I would gladly donate more money if they would let me updrage my previous pledge, but that's not gonna happen.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby LeRoi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Oh I see...so you belong to those people who only hear what they wanna hear and walk straight out the room after that. Alright I get it. But I will reply to you just this one time again, and after that I'm done with you.

sand4fish wrote:
Really... So what's the issue again? That none of us knew that giving more money to the campaign will make it a better game and you just happen to enlighten us with your post?

First of all, where did Yu say Shenmue 3 would be a fully open world game if given $10 Million? Read carefully the AMA post. And what "open world" even entitles to? GTA style? Then Shenmue 1 & 2 must suck to you because it's not open world enough. And why would Yu even be willing to make a Shenmue 3 with a $2 million budget? You were expecting a visual novel? Lol. That's why I said people have weird assumptions, and you just proved that.

I don't exactly know what type of significance the word "fully" has to you or where you think I used it but uhhm....YOU was the one who quoted that statment of Yu I was referring to in the first place! Which says "At 10 Million, it will truly have the features of an open world." Sooooooo.... yeaahhhhh....you know you basically fucked yourself with that comment don't you? xD
And who said it has to be GTV 5 like? You always bring that reference up. I don't even want it to be like Fallout 4. You must think (along a few other people) that he means it will be a HUGE Open World like those games if he hits 10 mill. But what hes saying is that there won't even be a "small" Open World like in the first two games if he don't hit that mark. Because all the money he got right now goes into the story (which is important too of course), but if you play that game just linearly without any optional things like in the first two games (which in some kinda way also contributing to the feeling of the story) it aint Shenmue. So you'll only get a linear game, that just machines of the story parts. Plus he said the graphics will suffer due to the fact that everything at this point goes right into the story. But I dont speak on graphics now.
Oh and about that 2 Million you were talking bout: That only were the minimum for him to even make SOME KIND of Shenmue 3. He could have made a Shenmue 3 with that Money but a shitty one. I mean hey he could have said he needs even less money then we may have gotten ourselfs a 16-bit Shenmue 3 for the genesis, but at least it says "Shenmue 3" right?...Goddammit dont you people ever think before you post something!...He was givin everybody a financial calculation for the project. Just like in every other branch on this earth where projects needs to be financed. And YOU particulary asked him about more details about that financial calculation. And you got an answer. But now you wanna acted like his word ain't shit? "Oh he has to deal with the current money to make it great, he can do it because hes creative" But thats..I said it already, see my previous post.
And besides: I don't really have to tell you how much the first 2 games has cost, don't I? C'mon man, dont make me go this way...

sand4fish wrote:
What if Yu gives a new public comment that Shenmue 3 would have ALL the features of an open world and some more (whatever that means) if he only had $20 million at his disposal? Are you going to ask everyone for ONLY $200 more?
You are scoffing at $47 as if every backer is financially able to give out any more than they already did. Of course, asking of others is easy when we don't have to show our own contribution to the cause after all.

And this my dear friend is the perfect proof that you not only dont know shit about shit, but that you are also ignorant as it gets! First of all he won't say any of this dumb shit you posted there because he already made the marks (his calculations that is) clear. If he really would come around the corner after he hits 10 Mill and saying something like this I would clearly say "Fuck You" because I would feel a little bit played. But that aint gonna happen.
Second: So you are basically saying I'm through wit it he has to make it with the money he got yada yada yada...but you are gratefully accepting any small advantage that will be added to the game due to donations from people like anonymous81 and Suzuki Yu, who permanetly donating something. They literatly breaking their back just to make at least a small effort bit by bit. People like this shouldnt even go out of their ways like this, because we could make something big happen All TOGETHER with minimum effort on every site, but NOOOOO people rather running their mouth and being ignorant, but at the same time benefiting without doing shit. So don't hit me with that "Oh you cant ask people for 47 because they cant effort it" and "glad we dont have to show our contributions". You dont even know how much I contributed so stop running your mouth! I'm willing to burn another 500 again for this cause, but this time ONLY if I got enough people with me that doing it with me (with their 47 dollars of course). Soo I suggest you stop accusing others of treatmilling, if you are in fact the one whos is doing it. And this bassically goes for all of you who are thinking the same way. Because you will be the first ones to start bitchig about the final game like crybabies if it didnt live up to your expectations!

sand4fish wrote:

PS. About making your old car looking like a Bugatti, here you go. You are welcome.

And you really must have thought you did something to me with that one huh? xD
The only thing you did with that is prooving me right 100%! Thank you so much for this, good Sir!
Because after all: IT ISN'T A REAL BUGGATI!! Someone just dressed it up to LOOK like it, but it ISN'T THE REAL THING! It wont feel and it definatly wont drive like a real one. And anybody whos doing shit like that is a fraud really. But thats none of my Buisness xD

But its all good tho homie. Don't worry: when you start crying how shitty the final game is, I'm there for you. You can lean on my shoulders. I got you on this one. I mean i will laugh at you hard and hit you permanatly with the three magical words "Told You So" but I'll be there for you :heart:
LeRoi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:59 pm

LeRoi wrote: But what hes saying is that there won't even be a "small" Open World like in the first two games if he don't hit that mark. Because all the money he got right now goes into the story

Chobou is said to be similar to Dobuita in size
Plus there are Bailu and Baisha
and a 4x4km Forest.

It's as big, if not bigger, than Shenmue 1 in terms of world size.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
LeRoi wrote: But what hes saying is that there won't even be a "small" Open World like in the first two games if he don't hit that mark. Because all the money he got right now goes into the story

and a 4x4km Forest.

I think a forest as big as 4x4 km could be as big as Shenmue 1 by itself. Shenmue 3 could be as big as Shenmue 2 if we count cities and forest.

I've been searching for info about the size of Shenmue I and II but I didn't find anything...
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:42 pm

LeRoi wrote: Oh I see...so you belong to those people who only hear what they wanna hear and walk straight out the room after that. Alright I get it. But I will reply to you just this one time again, and after that I'm done with you.

sand4fish wrote:
Really... So what's the issue again? That none of us knew that giving more money to the campaign will make it a better game and you just happen to enlighten us with your post?

First of all, where did Yu say Shenmue 3 would be a fully open world game if given $10 Million? Read carefully the AMA post. And what "open world" even entitles to? GTA style? Then Shenmue 1 & 2 must suck to you because it's not open world enough. And why would Yu even be willing to make a Shenmue 3 with a $2 million budget? You were expecting a visual novel? Lol. That's why I said people have weird assumptions, and you just proved that.

I don't exactly know what type of significance the word "fully" has to you or where you think I used it but uhhm....YOU was the one who quoted that statment of Yu I was referring to in the first place! Which says "At 10 Million, it will truly have the features of an open world." Sooooooo.... yeaahhhhh....you know you basically fucked yourself with that comment don't you? xD
And who said it has to be GTV 5 like? You always bring that reference up. I don't even want it to be like Fallout 4. You must think (along a few other people) that he means it will be a HUGE Open World like those games if he hits 10 mill. But what hes saying is that there won't even be a "small" Open World like in the first two games if he don't hit that mark. Because all the money he got right now goes into the story (which is important too of course), but if you play that game just linearly without any optional things like in the first two games (which in some kinda way also contributing to the feeling of the story) it aint Shenmue. So you'll only get a linear game, that just machines of the story parts. Plus he said the graphics will suffer due to the fact that everything at this point goes right into the story. But I dont speak on graphics now.
Oh and about that 2 Million you were talking bout: That only were the minimum for him to even make SOME KIND of Shenmue 3. He could have made a Shenmue 3 with that Money but a shitty one. I mean hey he could have said he needs even less money then we may have gotten ourselfs a 16-bit Shenmue 3 for the genesis, but at least it says "Shenmue 3" right?...Goddammit dont you people ever think before you post something!...He was givin everybody a financial calculation for the project. Just like in every other branch on this earth where projects needs to be financed. And YOU particulary asked him about more details about that financial calculation. And you got an answer. But now you wanna acted like his word ain't shit? "Oh he has to deal with the current money to make it great, he can do it because hes creative" But thats..I said it already, see my previous post.
And besides: I don't really have to tell you how much the first 2 games has cost, don't I? C'mon man, dont make me go this way...

sand4fish wrote:
What if Yu gives a new public comment that Shenmue 3 would have ALL the features of an open world and some more (whatever that means) if he only had $20 million at his disposal? Are you going to ask everyone for ONLY $200 more?
You are scoffing at $47 as if every backer is financially able to give out any more than they already did. Of course, asking of others is easy when we don't have to show our own contribution to the cause after all.

And this my dear friend is the perfect proof that you not only dont know shit about shit, but that you are also ignorant as it gets! First of all he won't say any of this dumb shit you posted there because he already made the marks (his calculations that is) clear. If he really would come around the corner after he hits 10 Mill and saying something like this I would clearly say "Fuck You" because I would feel a little bit played. But that aint gonna happen.
Second: So you are basically saying I'm through wit it he has to make it with the money he got yada yada yada...but you are gratefully accepting any small advantage that will be added to the game due to donations from people like anonymous81 and Suzuki Yu, who permanetly donating something. They literatly breaking their back just to make at least a small effort bit by bit. People like this shouldnt even go out of their ways like this, because we could make something big happen All TOGETHER with minimum effort on every site, but NOOOOO people rather running their mouth and being ignorant, but at the same time benefiting without doing shit. So don't hit me with that "Oh you cant ask people for 47 because they cant effort it" and "glad we dont have to show our contributions". You dont even know how much I contributed so stop running your mouth! I'm willing to burn another 500 again for this cause, but this time ONLY if I got enough people with me that doing it with me (with their 47 dollars of course). Soo I suggest you stop accusing others of treatmilling, if you are in fact the one whos is doing it. And this bassically goes for all of you who are thinking the same way. Because you will be the first ones to start bitchig about the final game like crybabies if it didnt live up to your expectations!

sand4fish wrote:

PS. About making your old car looking like a Bugatti, here you go. You are welcome.

And you really must have thought you did something to me with that one huh? xD
The only thing you did with that is prooving me right 100%! Thank you so much for this, good Sir!
Because after all: IT ISN'T A REAL BUGGATI!! Someone just dressed it up to LOOK like it, but it ISN'T THE REAL THING! It wont feel and it definatly wont drive like a real one. And anybody whos doing shit like that is a fraud really. But thats none of my Buisness xD

But its all good tho homie. Don't worry: when you start crying how shitty the final game is, I'm there for you. You can lean on my shoulders. I got you on this one. I mean i will laugh at you hard and hit you permanatly with the three magical words "Told You So" but I'll be there for you :heart:

You are incredibly annoying to read.

Also, you are clueless.

ChiefNeo has received 2 thanks from: sand4fish, SheepheadCG
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:27 pm

I saw this cockamamie scheme on the Shenmue III KS comments section.

Are you Waves, OP?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 pm

I shudder to imagine what must have occurred in LeRoi's life to make him so bitter and spiteful on a video game message board.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby LeRoi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I saw this cockamamie scheme on the Shenmue III KS comments section.

Are you Waves, OP?

I don't know who you refering to, but I never been on any Shenmue comment sections.
LeRoi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:57 pm

LeRoi wrote:I don't know who you refering to, but I never been on any Shenmue comment sections.

That's weird. Someone is suggesting the exact same thing on there.

Just in worse English.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Hazuki00 wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:

and a 4x4km Forest.

I think a forest as big as 4x4 km could be as big as Shenmue 1 by itself. Shenmue 3 could be as big as Shenmue 2 if we count cities and forest.

I've been searching for info about the size of Shenmue I and II but I didn't find anything...

To be fair though, I doubt you're gonna traverse the entire forest. I think you can only walk on the specified path/road in the forest. So while the forest itself might be 4x4km, the playable area will probably be much smaller.

I say this because 4x4km sounds too big to traverse.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:08 pm

I think the 4x4km area will be 100% playable. I expect the travel trans-zones (if any) to be the "linear" parts like Guilin mainly was in Shenmue II.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Like many other things on the internet, this isn't worth getting all angry about.

We're not going to get every backer to back more than they already have. And the game won't be terrible if we don't reach 10 million. It's a Shenmue game. There will be a lot to do, and a lot of immersion that takes a long time to work through, even if it's in a small area (and we already know it's probably larger than Shenmue 1.) We will live. It's not the end of the world.

We should be united rather than at each other's throats. Everyone seems so angry lately, and it's unfortunate and not cool. However passionate we may be... this is a video game. A great game we've waited forever for and which touched and changed many of our lives... but a video game, nonetheless. Let's not lose perspective.

OP you had a laudable idea on the face of it, but it's not going to happen in all likelihood, and it's not worth raging at people who disagree with your vision for the direction we should take. Just be thankful the game exists at all I say. But to each their own feelings/thoughts.

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Monkei » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I shudder to imagine what must have occurred in LeRoi's life to make him so bitter and spiteful on a video game message board.

Lost his savings and mind over buying a fake Bugatti maybe?

Monkei has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby LeRoi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:
OP you had a laudable idea on the face of it, but it's not going to happen in all likelihood, and it's not worth raging at people who disagree with your vision for the direction we should take. Just be thankful the game exists at all I say. But to each their own feelings/thoughts.

Wait thats a missunderstanding. I wasn't raging because he didn't share my vision, but because he tried to get cocky with me. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't for his tone. If you get wrong at me I have no choice but to get back at you. But its all good.
All in all your right. Oh and respect for all your effort until now, I forgot to say that earlier.
LeRoi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LeRoi » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:30 pm

Monkei wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: I shudder to imagine what must have occurred in LeRoi's life to make him so bitter and spiteful on a video game message board.

Lost his savings and mind over buying a fake Bugatti maybe?

Ok you actually made me laugh at this :D
LeRoi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III