Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Postby mrandyk » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:00 pm

LucBu wrote:
sand4fish wrote:And on the right corner is likely one the rewards for some fans. What's cooler than having our ugly mugshots fully on display during a Ryo bar fight? :D

That's something that's been bugging me. I mean, potentially people who bought that reward could give the team any photo at all right? So some are definately going to get faces other than their own into the game. I'm worried that Harambe is going to be in Shenmue 3. I'm worried that Shenmue 3 may be a 11/10 game.

There's only like 100 people who donated enough to have their likeness placed in the game. One would think anyone donating that much are going to take being in the game serious enough that they submit a respectable image of themselves.

That being said, it seems liker a sure thing that Harambe will be in the credits.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:15 pm

LucBu wrote:
sand4fish wrote:And on the right corner is likely one the rewards for some fans. What's cooler than having our ugly mugshots fully on display during a Ryo bar fight? :D

That's something that's been bugging me. I mean, potentially people who bought that reward could give the team any photo at all right? So some are definately going to get faces other than their own into the game. I'm worried that Harambe is going to be in Shenmue 3. I'm worried that Shenmue 3 may be a 11/10 game.

Besides every backer's submission being subjective to Yu's approval (see Kickstarter rewards), you have to trust me... a Harambe pic is not worth $1500.

Himuro wrote: I figured those photographs were the same photo.

They are placeholders until Yu gets all the submitted pics from the backers who claimed the reward.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Why are they placeholders for fan photos? Those photos are to be placed in the dock station for Choubu only? Not scattered throughout the game.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Peter wrote:Why are they placeholders for fan photos? Those photos are to be placed in the dock station for Choubu only? Not scattered throughout the game.

Just my guess, as looking closely at that screenshot (totally not a confirmation). In the Kickstarter it says the harbor waiting area for the Choubu passenger boat, and the screenshot could be that area (or close by, looking at what appears to be water beneath that mountain and among the trees in the pic). Anyway, many of these things are always subject to changes during development.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:00 pm

I don't know why but ryos face looks photoshopped to me :shock: the face doesn't fit the direction of the head.

Image[/quote]
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SlySpy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:11 pm

That's because it is photoshopped. They're likely still working on the face, so the photoshop is there as a placeholder.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Why do so many people have so many answers? Like how does Rikitatsu know this and that secret thing and how does Sandfish know those are placeholders? Is everyone on this forum an insider now?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Himuro wrote: Why do so many people have so many answers? Like how does Rikitatsu know this and that secret thing and how does Sandfish know those are placeholders? Is everyone on this forum an insider now?

Heyyyy If you read my posts carefully, I never said it was a sure thing. But I did point out my reasons for believing so.

I know you want to start another flame war with me, but please be more subtle about it. ;-)
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SlySpy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Himuro wrote: Why do so many people have so many answers? Like how does Rikitatsu know this and that secret thing and how does Sandfish know those are placeholders? Is everyone on this forum an insider now?

I know all, Himuro.

WELCOME, LOST ONE. YOU SEEM TROUBLED. SHALL I READ YOUR FORTUNE THEN? IT'S THREE HUNDRED YEN PER READING.

SlySpy has received a thanks from: Himuro
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yama » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:It's never going to be as vibrant as a Dreamcast (much less one through SCART or something lol

Well, let's hope for HDR then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:01 am

I mean, the bolded part is the assumption that most things in that image are placeholders in one way or another, which is fair to make at this stage.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Himuro » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:03 am

sand4fish wrote:

Heyyyy If you read my posts carefully, I never said it was a sure thing. But I did point out my reasons for believing so.

I know you want to start another flame war with me, but please be more subtle about it. ;-)

I don't want another flame war at all, Mr. Ryan Payton. HA!
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 am

LucBu wrote:

The whole concept of backer NPC's and faces leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I get it, kickstarter...but the average white teenager has no place in 1980s guilin...NO PLACE.
ChiefNeo

Postby LucBu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:17 pm

ChiefNeo wrote:The whole concept of backer NPC's and faces leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I get it, kickstarter...but the average white teenager has no place in 1980s guilin...NO PLACE.

Would probably be better in the credits IMHO.

Oh well, better start growing a 1980s haircut to get ready.

LucBu has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
LucBu

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:53 pm

LucBu wrote:
ChiefNeo wrote:The whole concept of backer NPC's and faces leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I get it, kickstarter...but the average white teenager has no place in 1980s guilin...NO PLACE.

Would probably be better in the credits IMHO.

Still possible to convince YSnet and the concerned backers or are you talking only for the pleasure of talking? Because that's an excellent idea.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III