Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:53 am

Just goes to show how this information can be used irresponsibly, because it gives cause for imaginations running wild.

The information is actually really mundane and kind of a no-brainer when you look at where we are in the development timeline. It is best ignored, because there's nothing juicy about it positively or negatively, IMO.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 am

Let's be honest here. There *will* be disappointment at some juncture. We'll wish it looked better, we'll wish it had more substance from goals we didn't/don't reach.

If it gets delayed, it gets delayed. No high-profile Kickstarter game has ever made date with their preliminary release window. MN9, Yooka Laylee, Amplitude, Bloodstained; they all got pushed, so we should expect SIII also..kind of an unspoken conclusion now.

At the end of the day, here's what matters--you *will* get it, with all of its celebrations and shortcomings, which is more than we could say for the past 15 years.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:40 am

I would guess there's a year delay from the original intended release, which is fine by me. December 2017 was incredibly optimistic, or perhaps it was incredibly cynical and based on a $2 million Kickstarter outcome (i.e. a very basic, albeit story-driven, game).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby ChiefNeo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:46 am

You cannot have the original budget more than triple with the growth that entails for the game without a significant shift in the timeline.
ChiefNeo
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:49 am

drunkensailor wrote:taking someone at face value on the internet :lol: you expect us to trust you? who are you? other than a sad attention whoring fool. I feel sorry for you, you have no friends. really.

now go away and let us enjoy shenmue 3

drunkensailor wrote:you clearly care because you're crying all over the topic and you can't stand it everyone is hyped after the photo's, even media and you aren't :lol: how old are you?

LOL Triple post...
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Himuro » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 pm

I just don't get the complaints. The art in the first pic is stunning.

The battle area shows the most potential.

The last pic has that every day Shenmue feel.

All these pics represent the core three pillars of Shenmue: exploration/immersion, battle, and every day part of life mixed in a bottle. These pics feel very Shenmue to me. Yokosuka complains about bump mapping, but I'm sorry, that screen is highly atmospheric. Imagine being in that city at night with music playing.

I don't get it.

Also, for the amount of bitching I made last week, at least it made sense. I didn't like the quiet from the developer on the status of the game. As soon as they dropped the silence and gave us an update on the development status I was satisfied. But Rikitatsu and Yokosuka are worried about some rumor or something some unknown source and lack of bump mapping. I feel like if you're gonna bitch at least bitch about something reasonable.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, delvec19
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Peter wrote: I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register http://www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Let it be known, that outside of the initial KS and Awesome Japan, I have been consistently positive about this game and this project. I have tried to help this game in my own way. Last week was an off week for me. I've never really been the type to throw Shenmue under the bus. It's my favorite game series of all time and I'm so happy this entire thing is happening.

But people are talking about not posting because of this? I hope that's not true.

I hope that anyone reading who doesn't want to post because of me knows that I'm sorry. I love Shenmue and have contributed in my own way towards getting people outside of Shenmue fans to appreciate it and at least understand it. You're free to come to the Dojo and register and post. What I did last week was not excusable, and I definitely acted like a sore ass, so I don't blame you for not wanting to post, but for the most part we're positive and while I know I contributed to such a toxic environment, it was in no way my intention.

Himuro has received 2 thanks from: Anonymous81, Let's Get Sweaty
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 pm

It's really dishonest to sum up my argumentation by a "lack of bump-mapping", especially for making valuable your attitude in the previous week. But as I just promised, I'm not reopening the arena. Please read the entirety of my critics next time.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Rikitatsu
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:01 pm

That's a start. It's OK to have a criticism by all means, but going on and on, post after post.... page after page repeating any criticism doesn't accent the original grumble, but makes the entire conversation as a whole negative. You say one opinion, someone else says another, shrug the shoulders and move on. But vary it up a bit, there are positives in everything and those are worth acknowledging too, which lifts the spirits and encourages more people to comment.

And Himuro that's correct. You just lose the shit for 2-3 days calm down and then return back to earth. In the future, I think it will be a case of a 24-48 hour ban when you flip the beans again. For your own good as well because that's what happens. A couple of days of madness, which is always then followed by reason. Understanding too when you are passionate about something.

Peter has received a thanks from: Himuro
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Sh3ppy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Rikitatsu wrote: I just heard something from someone that crashed my hype to the lowest degree

Rikitatsu wrote:
Himuro wrote:?

What'd they say?

I can't tell you, All i can say is I really suggest keeping expectations in check.

What an absolute fud. If this isn't trolling then I don't know what is.
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Postby sand4fish » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Himuro wrote: I hope that anyone reading who doesn't want to post because of me knows that I'm sorry. I love Shenmue and have contributed in my own way towards getting people outside of Shenmue fans to appreciate it and at least understand it. You're free to come to the Dojo and register and post. What I did last week was not excusable, and I definitely acted like a sore ass, so I don't blame you for not wanting to post, but for the most part we're positive and while I know I contributed to such a toxic environment, it was in no way my intention.

What... You made me spend entire evenings debating with you alone and only now you are sorry? I'm sorry but now I have to leave this forum and never post again. :D

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Himuro
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:21 pm

sand4fish wrote:
Himuro wrote: I hope that anyone reading who doesn't want to post because of me knows that I'm sorry. I love Shenmue and have contributed in my own way towards getting people outside of Shenmue fans to appreciate it and at least understand it. You're free to come to the Dojo and register and post. What I did last week was not excusable, and I definitely acted like a sore ass, so I don't blame you for not wanting to post, but for the most part we're positive and while I know I contributed to such a toxic environment, it was in no way my intention.

What... You made me spent entire evenings debating with you alone and only now you are sorry? I'm sorry but now I have to leave this forum and never post again. :D

Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Peter wrote: That's a start. It's OK to have a criticism by all means, but going on and on, post after post.... page after page repeating any criticism doesn't accent the original grumble, but makes the entire conversation as a whole negative. You say one opinion, someone else says another, shrug the shoulders and move on. But vary it up a bit, there are positives in everything and those are worth acknowledging too, which lifts the spirits and encourages more people to comment.

And Himuro that's correct. You just lose the shit for 2-3 days calm down and then return back to earth. In the future, I think it will be a case of a 24-48 hour ban when you flip the beans again. For your own good as well because that's what happens. A couple of days of madness, which is always then followed by reason. Understanding too when you are passionate about something.

If I ever act like I did last week I need you to promise me you'll ban me for four days. I think the project is going well though so I doubt that'll happen but YOU NEED TO PROMISE ME, PETER. You must save me from myself!

Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Mystere » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
drunkensailor wrote:taking someone at face value on the internet :lol: you expect us to trust you? who are you? other than a sad attention whoring fool. I feel sorry for you, you have no friends. really.

now go away and let us enjoy shenmue 3

Rikitatsu is not an AW. He's worrying a bit about Shenmue III and try naturally to share a private information while highly respecting his source and the people implied in the development, period.

And I can say his information is 100% trustworthy considering who the source is. While what I learnt is pretty discouraging, I think it does not mean much for the future of the game actually so no need to make a fuss for the moment.

For fuck's sake. "Naturally try to share private information"? Give me a break. We're witnessing a two-tier fandom on Shenmuedojo where those in the know are doing a massive disservice to 1) the source and 2) the rest of us by dropping these half bombs. If you can't share it, and it's only going to cause anxiety to tease it, then don't.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
Rikitatsu is not an AW.

That's exactly what an attention whore would say.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III