Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:46 am

Disappointing, glad I didn't stay up for it.
Last edited by ShenmueForeseen on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SheepheadCG » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 am

I've been thinking about a Shenmue HD reveal a little bit this morning and how Sega would go about announcing it. Honestly, if you take a step back and look at last night's Sony conference, Shenmue HD would not fit there in the slightest. The conference had back to back huge, massive budget games (mostly first party), highly polished CG cinematic trailers, or are finished enough to show off gameplay footage. Granted there was a HD remaster reveal for SotC, but as we know that has been in the works for quiet some time by an excellent developer. Shenmue HD would have been a strange announcement on the stage as it simply wouldn't fit. Yet again, Sega didn't have a single game on the Sony stage, probably due to the amount it cost money wise to be there. It did shock me no Yakuza 1 or 6, but I guess that's just the nature of the show. It seems like a lot of games were bumped from the list in order for First Party games from Sony. Even Ni No Kuni 2 was bumped to the pre-show.

Now that we are over Sony's conference, lets take a look at Sega.
If we look at their previous (surprisingly great) track record with their latest HD versions, Bayonetta and Vanquish, they simply just came out and announced them on their own. They started by teasing some stuff here and there, on their twitter account, and with the Bayonetta 8-but game but ultimately, they just came out and released the games. I honestly think that they will do the same with Shenmue HD.
Bayonetta and Vanquish HD ports got a amount of media coverage just because people love those games. The ports were very high quality and thus they were both on the top of the Steam top 10 for mulitple days and have sold like crazy.
Imagine they did the same with Shenmue HD, that amount of media coverage would be many times of the above games, as would the sales, simply down to the fact that Bayonetta and Vanquish were PC only, whereas Shenmue HD would no doubt be multi platform.
Sega have already tweeted out saying to keep an eye out, as Bayonetta and Vanquish were only the start of this new era for them, and that more will be coming down the line. I think Shenmue HD is going to 100% be one of them, its just a matter of when not if.

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Kiske
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 am

SheepheadCG wrote: I've been thinking about a Shenmue HD reveal a little bit this morning and how Sega would go about announcing it. Honestly, if you take a step back and look at last night's Sony conference, Shenmue HD would not fit there in the slightest. The conference had back to back huge, massive budget games (mostly first party), highly polished CG cinematic trailers, or are finished enough to show off gameplay footage. Granted there was a HD remaster reveal for SotC, but as we know that has been in the works for quiet some time by an excellent developer. Shenmue HD would have been a strange announcement on the stage as it simply wouldn't fit. Yet again, Sega didn't have a single game on the Sony stage, probably due to the amount it cost money wise to be there. It did shock me no Yakuza 1 or 6, but I guess that's just the nature of the show. It seems like a lot of games were bumped from the list in order for First Party games from Sony. Even Ni No Kuni 2 was bumped to the pre-show.

Now that we are over Sony's conference, lets take a look at Sega.
If we look at their previous (surprisingly great) track record with their latest HD versions, Bayonetta and Vanquish, they simply just came out and announced them on their own. They started by teasing some stuff here and there, on their twitter account, and with the Bayonetta 8-but game but ultimately, they just came out and released the games. I honestly think that they will do the same with Shenmue HD.
Bayonetta and Vanquish HD ports got a amount of media coverage just because people love those games. The ports were very high quality and thus they were both on the top of the Steam top 10 for mulitple days and have sold like crazy.
Imagine they did the same with Shenmue HD, that amount of media coverage would be many times of the above games, as would the sales, simply down to the fact that Bayonetta and Vanquish were PC only, whereas Shenmue HD would no doubt be multi platform.
Sega have already tweeted out saying to keep an eye out, as Bayonetta and Vanquish were only the start of this new era for them, and that more will be coming down the line. I think Shenmue HD is going to 100% be one of them, its just a matter of when not if.

Excellent post. I did say it seems strange they would show Shenmue at the conference, I mean it's not well known by most gamers these days. Too many have no idea what Shenmue even is and they would just be like 'LOL NICE GRAFIX'
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 am

I had the same thought.

Unless they had completely rebuilt it like Shadow of the colossus, it would've looked really out of place next to the games shown.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:29 am

I think that all Games presented on E3 are very action-filled titles and Shenmue is like Life is Strange a story-based Game. The youth today wants more action and the publishers knowing that. I'm not surprised that Shenmue HD was not on E3, but i think that a surprisingly release of Shenmue HD like Vanquish and Bayonetta would be much better, than to announce the Port and waiting months.

SledgeNE has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:18 am

What's going on here?

https://twitter.com/SEGAForever

They just activated today. Tagline: "We're listening."

I know it's a streaming service or w/e, but it's a start? Don't mean to get anyone excited all over again. Just found it interesting once I saw the verified checkmark.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 am

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:27 am

wow SEGA just take all of my money...
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:34 am

Good to see them still making money off Yu Suzuki's work. :)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Thief » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am

Part of me is wondering if SEGA is waiting until Shenmue III is released before doing a Shenmue I & II HD version. Maybe they want to use Shenmue III to boost their sales, and not the other way around. "You've tried the newest game, now see where it all started!"
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

When did "life is strange is like Shenmue" stuff started? I guess it's a matter of opinion but being one of those guys that says Yakuza and Shenmue are two completely different beasts, the comparison to telltale type games leaves me even more perplexed.
Last edited by killthesagabeforeitkillsu on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Esppiral » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm

The morning fog's wave

phpBB [video]

Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby ShenmueForeseen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Shenmue won't be on mobile, this is irrelevant?
ShenmueForeseen
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm

I wasn't aware of what it was when I made my first post and was posting a follow-up to clarify my first post. It's the only Sega news I'm finding on the net today aside from the Yakuza trailers. It deals with ports, so I thought it was worth posting. Maybe Shenmue will be ported to the phone?

Sorry it doesn't interest you! Hopefully someone else finds it interesting. ;)
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:06 pm

ShenmueForeseen wrote:

Shenmue won't be on mobile, this is irrelevant?

shhh don't fight it, it will only make it hurt more.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III