Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby khmlight3 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:56 am

Im sure Shenmue III will come out by June 2018! Maybe April or May 2018 if the game gets delayed we should know in next months update maybe its a trailer? Maybe they did not have time to make a trailer for E3 2017?
khmlight3
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: thunderlight10
XBL: khmlight3
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby SledgeNE » Wed May 31, 2017 2:32 am

I don't understand the bashing on the first character we saw in the Update-Video. A Developer would never show everything they are worked on. A Game must be a surprise. A delay is good for me. I enjoy the exciting time to release.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby spud1897 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:16 am

A delay is fine with me. They happen all the time and unfortunately Shenmue isn't a title that can afford the luxury of having a few bugs upon release. People will look to jump on anything remotely negative about the game because that's been the norm since the kickstarter was announced. I'd rather a delay to make the best possible game.

Sony will be fully aware of the development schedule and I'm not completely (maybe clutching a straws) ruling out a small Shenmue 3 teaser at E3. None of the development team need to be there to show it.

That along with Shenmue HD would be perfect but we know the issues with the HD remakes so who knows.
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby Gastarot » Wed May 31, 2017 7:06 am

SledgeNE wrote: I don't understand the bashing on the first character we saw in the Update-Video. A Developer would never show everything they are worked on. A Game must be a surprise. A delay is good for me. I enjoy the exciting time to release.

of course we want surprise, we dont want see everything, we juste want have official CGI artwork with Ryo for feels better and waiting in peace. Like Square Enix have do it with Final Fantasy VII Remake look this is enough :

to be honest i can wait 2 years more with this :-o it's why visual communication it's very very VERY important !
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby Kiske » Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 am

Last time I heard, FF VII remake will not be released before 2020.

CGI artwork 3 years before release so we can feel better? No, thank you.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed May 31, 2017 9:48 am

spud1897 wrote: A delay is fine with me. They happen all the time and unfortunately Shenmue isn't a title that can afford the luxury of having a few bugs upon release. People will look to jump on anything remotely negative about the game because that's been the norm since the kickstarter was announced. I'd rather a delay to make the best possible game.

Sony will be fully aware of the development schedule and I'm not completely (maybe clutching a straws) ruling out a small Shenmue 3 teaser at E3. None of the development team need to be there to show it.

That along with Shenmue HD would be perfect but we know the issues with the HD remakes so who knows.

Delays are expensive. They need to pay their staff. We all hope there's other money coming into the project.

BUT... everything posted in this thread is pure conjecture. They might be on schedule for all we know.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby spud1897 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:01 am

That is very true. I imagine they have some budget for this and as you said it could well be on time we dont know at this stage. I wish they would issue a statement saying where they are but they may not want to share that information incase they then have to delay the game
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby Centrale » Wed May 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Gastarot wrote: of course we want surprise, we dont want see everything, we juste want have official CGI artwork with Ryo for feels better and waiting in peace. Like Square Enix have do it with Final Fantasy VII Remake look this is enough :

to be honest i can wait 2 years more with this :-o it's why visual communication it's very very VERY important !

Isn't there a name for this kind of image... "bullshot"? At best it's a target render - it has nothing to do with what the actual game looks like at this point. Is that really what you want from YsNet? Even the innocuous photoshopping of Ryo's face was met with varying degrees of dismay and scorn. I think it's best that all available resources are put to actual game development.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby drunkensailor » Wed May 31, 2017 2:17 pm

darksniper wrote:
south carmain wrote:
iyapol wrote:
darksniper wrote:There is a very real possibility of a Dreamcast version of Shenmue III in the vaults of Sega

Development never started on Shenmue III for DC.

Was that confirmed? Since the game was announced and there are screens of Bailu village I always assumed they had started on it or at least done some work on it during the creation of the first two games.

That's what I'm saying. :-k I agree.

We have a fully rendered Bailu villiage, a full :41 second trailer of a character that we know for sure will be in Shenmue III that was done in 1999. Video footage of Shenmue II Disk 4 running on a stock Sega Saturn.Then there is a slider presentation of the entire Shenmue story from beginning to end that we only saw 3 years ago.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Shenmue III does exist in some form on the Dreamcast. Even though I still don't believe that Shenmue III will be done by December, if most of the development time has been used to getting the game in a playable state then maybe it's possible they are further along than we think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2eJT9GfVZk

no it doesn't. yu suzuki has confirmed this endlessly. there was never a shenmue 3. suzuki himself was shocked and disappointed he wasn't allowed to work on shenmue 3 after 2 so it was never done in any way.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Postby Bluecast » Wed May 31, 2017 5:43 pm

I still have the magazine that announced in order to make in time for release Shenmue was split in half into two games but was largely finished. So Shenmue II was originally not Shenmue II at all but part of Shenmue 1. So in reality the first game was finished but a second developed game is only happening now. (main series not counting City or Online)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed May 31, 2017 10:13 pm

Bluecast wrote: I still have the magazine that announced in order to make in time for release Shenmue was split in half into two games but was largely finished. So Shenmue II was originally not Shenmue II at all but part of Shenmue 1. So in reality the first game was finished but a second developed game is only happening now. (main series not counting City or Online)

Shows you just how grand the vision was but bringing that into reality is a struggle. Was there anything that could have been done differently in the past that would have avoided the current situation?
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Spaghetti » Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm

The Dreamcast could have sold better.

For all the talk about the original "flopping", the attach rate is comparable to Skyrim on 360. Shenmue had a Dreamcast problem, not the other way around.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 pm

Sorry to bump the topic, but I felt this was the most active place to post about a crackpot theory I have.

So just a few moments ago I ended up on Ryuji Iuchi's Twitter, and saw he had heavily censored a mastering session of a project.

I briefly, and I mean briefly entertained the idea this may be Shenmue III, but that quickly went away when I stumbled upon his website and saw he's been working quite a lot recently. It could be literally anything.

That's when I went to his blog, and saw he'd made a post with this picture:

That's quite a lot of music for one project, probably more than the other projects listed on his work bio might need. There's also the case of the naming of the top sheets, M01. M could stand for movie; basically another way of saying cutscene, and the sheets beneath it could be M02, M03, etc.

This is all totally conjecture and speculation, but I have a weird feeling this might be the sheet music for Shenmue III's cutscenes.

Or maybe it's not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Wed May 31, 2017 11:49 pm

I'm leaning to "not Shenmue" since the numbers on the upper right side is the time, and those mark 42 minutes and 1h19m, so it looks like a movie he's working on. Doesn't make sense to work with timing like that for a game where it's divided in loops and cues/cutscenes.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:14 am

shredingskin wrote: I'm leaning to "not Shenmue" since the numbers on the upper right side is the time, and those mark 42 minutes and 1h19m, so it looks like a movie he's working on. Doesn't make sense to work with timing like that for a game where it's divided in loops and cues/cutscenes.

Mmhm. That's part of the reason why I didn't entertain the idea of it being Shenmue III for very long.

The sheet music though. I know there's waaaaay, waaaaay less to divine out of a stack of papers but... maybe. Just maybe.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III