Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby celsowm » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:56 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: They're certainly taking their time with this Sega Forever viral marketing attempt. Just announce it, guys. And yeah, I'm not expecting anything other than mobile games unless they announce otherwise. All the surveys & the cassette marketing thing prove they're only looking at mobile. I have no idea how people enjoy playing full-fledged console games on their iPhones, so the idea of Dreamcast on my phone doesn't appeal to me. But I still want to see what they roll out for each platform.

Now I am very worried with Shenmue HD...
Hazuki boy deserves something better than an android/ios emulator
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kintor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:49 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: They're certainly taking their time with this Sega Forever viral marketing attempt. Just announce it, guys. And yeah, I'm not expecting anything other than mobile games unless they announce otherwise. All the surveys & the cassette marketing thing prove they're only looking at mobile. I have no idea how people enjoy playing full-fledged console games on their iPhones, so the idea of Dreamcast on my phone doesn't appeal to me. But I still want to see what they roll out for each platform.

If the whole thing is account based then it's entirely possible Sega can expand this Sega Forever system beyond mobile platforms. As a matter of practicality, accounts would allow you to continue playing a game on different mobile platforms, such as a smartphone and then an android tablet. Kind of like a Sega games version of Netflix. In principle this concept can be expanded to consoles and PCs, depending on the game available. But this is all speculation on my part, since there are essentially no concrete details about Sega Forever at this point.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:34 am

EA has a service like that (for consoles and pc, though I don't think they're linked), pretty good value too.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:12 am

There have been many promises from sega about coming back to its origins, games that fans want and as always it turned out to be something related to a new shitthy Sonic game or something like this.

This new idea about playing sega games on mobile is just disgusting.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kintor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:27 am

Hazuki00 wrote: There have been many promises from sega about coming back to its origins, games that fans want and as always it turned out to be something related to a new shitthy Sonic game or something like this.

Things have actually been going quite well recently. Sega has ported many console games to PC and even ramped-up their localisation efforts, especially with the latest Yakuza games. Of course, mobile games in now a huge part of the industry and Sega has naturally sought to expand into this area as well. Having Sega Forever on mobile platforms is a good start and I see no why Sega won't expand this concept further if it's successful.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40 am

In the meantime, Sega Forever liked another #SaveShenmueHD related tweet. It's the second one out of 100, not that bad.
https://twitter.com/ShenmueForever/stat ... 8991894529

It's probably part of their teasing (trolling?) plan for the upcoming "Sega Forever" service, but nevertheless, it's nice to get some acknowledgement and exposure for Shenmue HD.

Kiske has received 4 thanks from: celsowm, Kintor, Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby JohnBlack » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:22 am

Hazuki00 wrote: There have been many promises from sega about coming back to its origins, games that fans want and as always it turned out to be something related to a new shitthy Sonic game or something like this.

Japan is the biggest mobile games market in the world. And more importantly mobile games are fast-growing market all over the world. And ordinary console market is at least stagnating(but actually declining).
JohnBlack

Postby punkmanced » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 am

I'm calling it: Shenmue ported to Anfroid/iOS.

I'm only half-joking. It's Sega.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:59 am

Sega is certainly working overtime to rebuild their image, but I'm not exactly getting what that image is meant to be.

phpBB [video]
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby JohnBlack » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:43 am

To add something, there were rumours that SEGA was super happy with Bayonetta re-release on PC. And them wanting to port Persona and Yakuza too.
JohnBlack

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Sega is certainly working overtime to rebuild their image, but I'm not exactly getting what that image is meant to be.

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Such a weird commercial. The only non-Nagoshi game which was shown was a Mega Drive era Sonic game, if I'm right.

If they're that worried about the fans and whatnot, why don't they start putting out the games the fans want? And then this talking about the eyes... What the fuck is that supposed to mean? With a guy like Nagoshi at the helm as "Product Officer" Sega should have a guy who knows what quality games are.

Stop doing cheap Sonic games and keep bringin quality titles like Persona 5 or Yakuza games. No need for any "new identity" bullshit. And Sega's got a shitload of huge franchises like Shenmue, Phantasy Star Offline and Online (please, please do another offline game!), Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Tennis, Skies of Arcadia, Streets of Rage, Panzer Dragoon and countless others under their belt. All of them completely ignored for years.

I don't want any identity. I want a Sega which does as many quality games as in the 90s or early 2000s. Or a Sega which at least tries to do so.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Looked like Sonic 4 Episode 1, which was, well, mobile trash dropped onto consoles with the expectation for it to sell on name alone.

Whatever marketing company made that video has basically zero idea of SEGA's negative baggage with gamers these days.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: celsowm, SheepheadCG
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby fittersau » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

The only thing I got out of that video was Nagoshi being in love with Nagoshi.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Well at least it had console games shown and not just mobile... which is something, I guess? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III