Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 pm

check the rumors for a new ps console in 2018...maybe not ps5 ...but ;)
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Valascaziel » Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 pm

The question now turns to Sega--in light of this event, do you still feel the HD Remasters will still be revealed at this E3?

It kind of plays into the original rumor of Shenmue III being delayed(not official yet but..) and the HDs coming to tide us over..
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby celsowm » Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Well... see you guys at PSX 2017 :???:
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Valascaziel wrote: The question now turns to Sega--in light of this event, do you still feel the HD Remasters will still be revealed at this E3?

It kind of plays into the original rumor of Shenmue III being delayed(not official yet but..) and the HDs coming to tide us over..

Don't know, I honestly don't see it coming. SEGA will most likely use E3 to focus on new IPs. If Shenmue HD happens it will be like Bayonetta, they will just drop it out of nowhere.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby celsowm » Mon May 29, 2017 7:56 pm

man imagine that with Shenmue on Steam/PS4pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxVvyTKkna0
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Kintor » Mon May 29, 2017 8:00 pm

Valascaziel wrote: The question now turns to Sega--in light of this event, do you still feel the HD Remasters will still be revealed at this E3?

At this point I'm planning to watch Sony's conference anyway, mainly for the VR games. But i'm sure Segs will make an appearance on stage as well, Sega usually does.

I beleive that Shenmue 1 & 2 HD will happen eventually. Especially since Sega has recently bern taking such an interest in porting old games to new platforms. E3 is still a good place for that announcement regardless of wether Shenmue 3 shows up.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mrandyk » Mon May 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: Well, here it is.gif

After all the tiny information we got in the last two years, no real gameplay and the not finished face of ryo I am not really suprised. I think we should be more realistic about the development of the game in the future and stop dreaming otherwise you will be disappointed over and over again.
As I said before a release in 2017 is absolutely unrealistic - by the end 2018 will be more realistic right now BUT this could also mean that a new Playstation could be announced or even released which could kill the hype of the shenmue 3 :(

Agree completely. The no show at E3 changes nothing. Given how reserved YS Net has been in revealing content it is clear we are still aren't nearing release, and all expectations should be adjusted to reflect this.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby punkmanced » Tue May 30, 2017 1:39 am

Delay incoming.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:05 am

The demo it's suposed to be released this year (around summer was stated if I remember correctly), when do you think they could release it?

Maybe they announce they are delaying the game after summer and they give us in december the demo to calm our urges to play the game.

About the delay of the game, they have not confirmed it still, maybe because they think they can reach the date, who knows?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby SledgeNE » Tue May 30, 2017 5:15 am

It would be so awesome when Shenmue-HD-Ports would happens like Bayonetta. It's like a big surprise. But it's hard to see. It's better so than E3-Event and one year waiting. Bethesda's strategy is really good, to announce Games and some months later it comes out. Like Fallout 4.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby darksniper » Tue May 30, 2017 5:42 am

I'm kinda happy that Shenmue 3 is getting delayed. I want new fans and those that have been intrigued by the series to play through the end of Shenmue II HD and feel the pain we've felt for 16 years. :twisted:
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kiske » Tue May 30, 2017 6:02 am

Who's going to attend MAGIC 2018? :mrgreen:
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby JohnBlack » Tue May 30, 2017 6:03 am

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: check the rumors for a new ps console in 2018...maybe not ps5 ...but ;)

No way they gonna release new console, pro just came out and Xbox scorpio with a bit more power will be presented on e3 this year. So no point to do this in 2018. They can do something in 2019 but still not sure about that, since console releases are bad for companies, and current hardware is pretty powerful. Still there is not so much games for ps4 and most of them is really fresh, its hard to believe but Uncharted 4 is less then year old.
JohnBlack

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Postby Spaghetti » Tue May 30, 2017 8:50 am

iyapol wrote:Don't be so pedantic, Spags. New videos (plural) would be substantial in my eyes.

No, come on. Don't stick words in Yu's mouth.

He said new videos, we got new videos.

You said substantial. I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted, but don't pretend that's what Yu said.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue May 30, 2017 9:36 am

It's funny because we recently had a discussion about the effect little videos/updates would have on backers during the slow update period, and here we are, with a lot of displeasure with the updates that have since come out. I was one of the posters that insisted any kind of update would be welcomed by the community. Guess I was wrong (and I'm being negative, myself). :evil:

My barometer for the health of Shenmue 3 & any possible delays will depend on whether or not Sega supports ports of the first two games. If they do, I think there's a lot that will go right for Ys Net & Shenmue III. I just don't see how they can fall too far behind schedule and keep things going if they're relying on Kickstarter money and whatever Cedric Biscay's company invested. There's got to be some more money keeping things going.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III