YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby Shenmue_Trilogy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Well, there it is. gif
No offence but I think its time to see the project as realistic as possible and not always positive, when the signs (no gameplay. no ryos face, etc) are not good.
Anyway good decision I guess but also some worries. I hope the 6mill+ are enough for 3 years development for this kind of a game.

Shenmue_Trilogy has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Shenmue_Trilogy
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Gen » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: Good decision I guess but also some worries. I hope the 6mill+ are enough for 3 years development for this kind of a game.

We don't really know the full budget though, it's more than the kickstarter funds
Gen

Postby balkonsky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote:
Anyway good decision I guess but also some worries. I hope the 6mill+ are enough for 3 years development for this kind of a game.

With this news I have a good confidence that we will see Shenmue HD by the end of the year. If HD is a success, I'm sure YS will have no problem securing external funding.
balkonsky
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I cant say Im suprised by this at all. But this brings up a lot of questions. I understand lots of ppl want to be extra happy and supportive about this. And why wouldnt they be? It gives an huge opportunity for the team to finish the game in the best possible way. But shooting down everyone who brings up questions about the budgeting is foolish. Extra year equals one extra year worth of money. Where will they get the money? Did they have extra money put aside? Why? If not, from which areas are they going to cut or is there potential investors? If they dont have the money and their current financial trend is starting to drop(= the business is not profitable anymore), then most likely they have to act accordingly and start letting go employees. If they decrease the amount of staff how will this affect quality?
There is so many variables. This can be great news or this can be bad news. So please dont rule out people who has something else to say than " I think this is great " because nobody knows yet how this will turn out.

Deta has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Deta

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Sure, there are questions to ask, but don't make proclamations that the team is inexperienced and unable to make a good game based on your own guess work.
Last edited by mjq jazz bar on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Esppiral » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm

I may be the only one dissapointed here......

Esppiral has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Well, there it is...
Not even mad, I always thought that late 2018 is a realistic release window for the game.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Esppiral wrote: I may be the only one dissapointed here......

I'm disappointed I won't be playing it this year, but I'm glad they're not rushing the game.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Jibby » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:20 pm

In the sense that you'll have to wait longer to play the game, or in the sense that you're worried about development?

Don't get me wrong, it's disappointing that we have to wait longer to play; there's nothing I want more than to get my hands on Shenmue III as soon as possible. However it will result it a better and more complete Shenmue III, so I think it's definitely a good thing that they're taking their time instead of rushing. 2 years was never going to be enough time to create a game as ambitious as Shenmue from scratch.

Jibby has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm happy Shenmue 3 turned out to be much bigger than Dobuita and they are taking more time to make a better game.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby celsowm » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:42 pm

celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Certainly not. I'd held off on posting in the E3 topic, but until seeing this I was of the mindset that the December 2017 deadline could be met, and that any significant delay wouldn't make sense because of operating costs. Q3/4 2018 feels really far away, and for the first time I'm finding it hard to be patient. If the game will truly benefit from this, I can't be upset.

Mr357 has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:48 pm

celsowm wrote: Image

Not trying to discredit the guy, but practically everyone saw this delay coming from the moment the game was announced.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Deta wrote:But shooting down everyone who brings up questions about the budgeting is foolish. Extra year equals one extra year worth of money. Where will they get the money? Did they have extra money put aside? Why? If not, from which areas are they going to cut or is there potential investors? If they dont have the money and their current financial trend is starting to drop(= the business is not profitable anymore), then most likely they have to act accordingly and start letting go employees. If they decrease the amount of staff how will this affect quality?

So the question was "shot down" and you're going to simply repeat it without addressing the points raised the last time?
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Deta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Deta wrote:But shooting down everyone who brings up questions about the budgeting is foolish. Extra year equals one extra year worth of money. Where will they get the money? Did they have extra money put aside? Why? If not, from which areas are they going to cut or is there potential investors? If they dont have the money and their current financial trend is starting to drop(= the business is not profitable anymore), then most likely they have to act accordingly and start letting go employees. If they decrease the amount of staff how will this affect quality?

So the question was "shot down" and you're going to simply repeat it without addressing the points raised the last time?

Are you refering to your answer "This makes no sense."

You stated and I quote " the game is not going to suffer by taking longer. "

You have no idea what you are talking here. You dont know the facts. At this point we can even question if the project manager itself can predict accurately how their financial balance will endure. Maybe they have a way to build up a revenue we dont even know about. Who knows. But nobody in this forums can say what is fact and what is not. So stop talking like you know.

Deta has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Deta

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III