YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 am

They could have waited until the end of the month to announce this along with the updated schedule they are promising. They've already announced their E3 no show, so the delay was expected. I'm really hoping that their timing to announce this before E3 is simply to get all the bad news out of the way so Shenmue HD can get a proper reveal. At E3. Next week. For a December 2017 release. :)

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: celsowm
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Kiske wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Best news since the Advanced Free Battle announcement.

I feel a bit disappointed for Biscay and the other related actors though. The delay seemed to be inevitable, I hope their trust has not been abused by the project ambition.

You always manage to find something negative, don't you? :P

Do you think Cédric would rather have a rushed, half-baked game which may sell poorly instead of a polished, well crafted Shenmue 3 with better chances of selling well? (especially if Shenmue HD comes out by the end of the year)

I prefer the expression "considering all the possibilities", even the hard ones. :)

Trust will be important for Suzuki's next projects (including Shenmue 4) and delay is a joker that should not been used twice. Announcing the game for 2018 from the very beginning would have been preferable for everyone, especially since Yu was already complaining about his lack of time last year. But I believe they had their reasons.

I remember an interview of Biscay where he was asked about the potential Yu's over-ambition regarding the budget. He's aware that giving Yu too much freedom is something not to do. But at the moment, I do think like you that everything's good. Let's turn our full attention on Shenmue remasters!

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:47 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: Best news since the Advanced Free Battle announcement.

I feel a bit disappointed for Biscay and the other related actors though. The delay seemed to be inevitable, I hope their trust has not been abused by the project ambition.

You always manage to find something negative, don't you? :P

Do you think Cédric would rather have a rushed, half-baked game which may sell poorly instead of a polished, well crafted Shenmue 3 with better chances of selling well? (especially if Shenmue HD comes out by the end of the year)

I prefer the expression "considering all the possibilities", even the hard ones. :)

Trust will be important for Suzuki's next projects (including Shenmue 4) and delay is a joker that should not been used twice. Announcing the game for 2018 from the very beginning would have been preferable for everyone, especially since Yu was already complaining about his lack of time last year. But I believe they had their reasons.

I remember an interview of Biscay where he was asked about the potential Yu's over-ambition regarding the budget. He's aware that giving Yu too much freedom is something not to do. But at the moment, I do think like you that everything's good. Let's turn our full attention on Shenmue remasters!

Probably the best post you have made since joining :nice!:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:50 am

UK Twitter Trends:

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: alexironaek, celsowm
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 am

Are you sure those are UK trends and not, as is the default setting, tailored/personalised trends?

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: celsowm
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Niowiad » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am

It was SO in the air at this point, that the majority of users are not even mad :king:
Since the announcement I always got the idea that they'd have to rush way too much to get it done in slightly more than a couple years. I'm honestly glad they're taking their time.
And I wouldn't be completely surprised if they'll have to postpone it again to 2019.
Anything more than that would surprise me, but not 2019, a grand total of 4 years for that kind of game with that kind of team behind it.
Last edited by Niowiad on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niowiad has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades

Postby FlagshipFighter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Are you sure those are UK trends and not, as is the default setting, tailored/personalised trends?

Oh crap I think you're right, I had no idea! Dammit xD

Niowiad wrote: It was SO in the air at this point, that the majority of users are not even mad :king:
Since the announcement I always got the idea that they'd have to rush way too much to get it done in slightly more than a couple years. I'm honestly glad they're taking their time.

Yeah and not to mention 3+ years is pretty decent development time for the majority of game these days
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter

Postby myshtuff » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:01 am

I've waited 16 years for Ryo to get out of that damn cave. I can wait one more. :)

myshtuff has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:07 am

I'm not upset about it in the least, infact this announcement has really made me smile. It feels like the game is getting the proper development period that a game like Shenmue requires and it will only reap the benefits of the extra year or so.
Yu-san stating that the game has become bigger and more beautiful than he originally imagined really gave me goosebumps.

Those of you who hoped to see something to help "soften the blow" of the delay, I expect we'll now see something solid at MAGIC early next year.

This announcement also gives Sega more time to pull their fingers out of their behinds and deliver us Shenmue HD!

Sonoshee has received 4 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, James Brown, Kiske, RootyKazooty
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 am

It's better for the game and for us. I'm happy that Shenmue III happens and i enjoy the time to the release. :D

SledgeNE has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 am

I think this is a great thing considering he said the reason for the delay is that it will be bigger and more beautiful than he originally expected so I assume the reason is because he wants extra time to offer us a game better than he originally planned. I guess we can expect a trailer at next years E3 then.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby delvec19 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:15 am

delvec19 has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, RootyKazooty
delvec19

Postby KidMarine » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 am

south carmain wrote:I guess we can expect a trailer at next years E3 then.

Time to restart the clock!

KidMarine has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 am

The output of support and love across the Shenmue community today is what makes it great. No arguing over character models, look, direction... just Shenmue :heart:

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 am

I would actually be upset if it wasn't delayed, great news. Just hope Sega get their thumbs out their asses and get going on Shenmue HD.

DoubleO_Ren has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, RootyKazooty, Sonoshee
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III