Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Postby Technophilz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Jibby wrote:
Technophilz wrote:
Jibby wrote:
Technophilz wrote:It's officially Mighty No. 3 ...

So what method will you be using to dispose of your copy of the game? Burning?

I have a few ideas already .. but those will have to wait at least a couple of years since another delay is highly expected.
Great! So if that's settled then could you kindly fuck off now?

I am entitled to my own opinion, which you don't have to agree with. If you see this as the greatest game ever made, then that's fine, this is what I see in this bad joke they just released, although I kinda had a feeling (and some info) that this will eventually happen, I got extremely disappointed with what they've done to our beloved series ...
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Opinions are fine but you really don't have to bring up those hater videos though. They should just be burried.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jibby » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Technophilz wrote:
Jibby wrote:
Technophilz wrote:
Jibby wrote:
Technophilz wrote:It's officially Mighty No. 3 ...

So what method will you be using to dispose of your copy of the game? Burning?

I have a few ideas already .. but those will have to wait at least a couple of years since another delay is highly expected.
Great! So if that's settled then could you kindly fuck off now?

I am entitled to my own opinion, which you don't have to agree with. If you see this as the greatest game ever made, then that's fine, this is what I see in this bad joke they just released, although I kinda had a feeling (and some info) that this will eventually happen, I got extremely disappointed with what they've done to our beloved series ...

Ohh Mr Technophilz with his mysterious info. You're full of shit, you have nothing of importance to say and you're quite clearly going to detest the game, so I ask you why you even bother to come back here every time an update drops? Shenmue III isn't going to be built to your perfect vision and you can't seem to handle that. Instead you trash every single piece of info that comes out. Write it off and move on if you can't accept it.

Opinions are all well and good, but never have I seen anyone take something so for granted. You absolutely baffle me.

Jibby has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Technophilz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

BlueMue wrote: Opinions are fine but you really don't have to bring up those hater videos though. They should just be burried.

If you watch the video you'd know that he has legit concerns about the game, he still has faith in it though, I do too and I honestly wish what I feel (based on the little info I know) will turn out to be completely wrong ... I really really do.
Technophilz

Postby Verderame » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Braindead, effortless shitposts aren't "opinions".
Verderame

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Postby Axm » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Well that was beautiful. :)
Last edited by Axm on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Philz is just the other end of the spectrum I'm seeing on this forum. I'm not in hysterics either way about the trailer, but it does certainly not surprise me that a forum (this one) made up of the hardest of hardcore Shenmue fans is very excited about this game and maybe even a little defensive when someone seems to constantly ridicule or downplay every aspect of the game.

On the other hand, I think there's a good reason many are currently suggesting the game doesn't look very good in its current state, they have little or no attachment to the series and aren't looking at it with the loving eyes of a parent like many of us are.

I am kind of curious why they still haven't shown us any gameplay.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 pm

I can set my watch to Technophilz coming in to shitpost.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Senpai Gamer
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 pm

I have legit concerns about the guys health, but I don't go and call him a fatass.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Technophilz » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I can set my watch to Technophilz coming in to shitpost.

When one of the most anticipated games of all time gets such a horrible treatment after all this waiting, I can't say I'm happy about it.
I'm simply being honest about how I see the game at this stage, I believe in reality and facts instead of rosy dreams and wishes. You can (if you like) read the posts on NeoGaf, comments on YouTube, and just wait for what the gaming media will say, and you'll find out that many have a very similar opinion.
Last edited by Technophilz on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technophilz

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: On the other hand, I think there's a good reason many are currently suggesting the game doesn't look very good in its current state, they have little or no attachment to the series and aren't looking at it with the loving eyes of a parent like many of us are.

I am kind of curious why they still haven't shown us any gameplay.

But it can be easily seen that the things that don't look good is because those aren't nearly finished. It's quite obvious a lot of animations are placeholder or non existent, and while I do think Shenhua looks really off (there's something about her lips that look 2D or something), most of it looks quite incredible.

I do think that they could have shown some gameplay, at least a glimpse/mock up of ryo just walking around.

I think the amateur video editing does have an effect over the whole trailer for some people.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:20 pm

http://ift.tt/2wiBzGg

Kotaku with the first dagger. Prepare for a lot of this. I truly feel bad for Yu Suzuki, but I think he'll pull it off in the end.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Technophilz wrote:When one of the most anticipated games of all time gets such a horrible treatment after all this waiting, I can't say I'm happy about it.
I'm simply being honest about how I see the game at this stage, I believe in reality and facts instead of rosy dreams and wishes. You can (if you like) read the posts on NeoGaf, comments on YouYube, and just wait for what the gaming media will say, and you'll find out that many have a very similar opinion.

C'mon son. You've been doing this since 2015.

It's your schtick. It's your gimmick.

And that's all you are. You have nothing to contribute besides a monthly pessimistic whine, not really caring about developing a more nuanced opinion, or actually contributing anything besides base-level shitposts.

And I am reading the Gaf comments. Y'know what? It's mixed. It was a mixed trailer. You get the occasional shitposter like yourself, but there are other posters who aren't necessarily positive who can at least express "I didn't like it/didn't like X about the trailer, BUT-". People who keep a thought in their head more than three seconds to realise that there's some genuinely impressive stuff in there already, and that oh, the game has anywhere between 12 and 16 months left before release.

If you are so displeased, why do you keep coming back? If you're that upset, just go and don't come back.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: VukBZ2005, Your Boy Leroy
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonoshee » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: http://ift.tt/2wiBzGg

Kotaku with the first dagger. Prepare for a lot of this. I truly feel bad for Yu Suzuki, but I think he'll pull it off in the end.

Kotaku can never be taken seriously, especially when the writer of that "article" posts on his Twitter that "Shenmue fans are people who just haven't played Yakuza yet."

Sites like that are pure click-bait and should be avoided like the plague.

Quite why they let a biased writer post about Shenmue 3 would normally be a headscratcher but as I said... it's Kotaku.

Sonoshee has received 3 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Senpai Gamer, VukBZ2005
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:46 pm

"This is a PS4 game*"

*made by an indie team on a shoestring budget, that won't release for another 12-16 months give or take

Top quality games journalism. I mean really amazing work.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III