Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

Postby Verderame » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm

How did Ryo manage to get that tanned after being stuck in a cavern for so many years? :D

Verderame has received a thanks from: John Doom
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Postby SledgeNE » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Great pictures today. My Internet is down for this week. :twisted: I hope i can watch the Shenmue 3 News tomorrow.

Everything i saw from Shenmue 3 is awesome, from the last year to last week. The Video from MAGIC Monaco last year is so fantastic.
SledgeNE

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Well, judging from Mr Muscles who is the only S3 character we've seen apart from Shenhua and Ryo so far, the game seems to be going into a more "manga" direction than the originals, art direction-wise.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby John Doom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Verderame wrote: How did Ryo manage to get that tanned after being stuck in a cavern for so many years? :D

YS: He probably goes to a very expensive tanning salon. Probably not one of those cheap 100 yen salons in those communal baths. [Laughs]

Source: https://archive.is/0vaIT#selection-717.0-719.133
:P :D
Last edited by John Doom on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Doom has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

HYPE FULLMODE
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Jibby » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Holy shit! The Ryo in that banner looks incredible.

Jibby has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: I'm still finding Ryo ugly as hell.

What exactly do you not like about that modell? Is it the coloring? The face proportions look perfect, so it can't be that.

I agree the jacket and the hair need some work, but the facial features look absolutely great.

I really like the hair effects, there's a sense of newness about it that I like versus the seperate, thick angular spikes from before. It's a really nice modern re-imagining of sorts.

The jacket I think will be best judged when seen in motion and with the appropriate lighting. The zip seems new (or is expanding a level of detail that they didn't pursue prior) and gives me the impression Ryo bought a new jacket for himself, in which good for him, it's about time he stopped sleeping in his clothes! The bi-o must be awful in that weather xD

The challenge for Yu-san and the devs will come this gamescom when it comes to facing a myriad of conflicting opinions, that's the true test of any creative. I have nothing but utter utter faith when it comes to these devs and the way that they produce and labour over the craft of their work.

I can't believe we're all soooooo cloooseee to seeing Shenmue 3 in it's most tangible/indicative state of the final game yet. Loving everything with what's shown so far (I'm so happy to see those Shenmue colours come back!), but I don't want anyone/company presenting info on the behalf of ys.net's, it's about time that after all their hard work they get to present their game and efforts the way THEY intend to.

Only thing I wish is we could have seen more of the devs that we've all grown so attached to in those monthly updates, but I'm sure they're too busy with all the work it takes to build a F.R.E.E game.

Full steam ahead folks!
Last edited by FlagshipFighter on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

At least they're getting closer.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby FlagshipFighter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Jibby wrote: Holy shit! The Ryo in that banner looks incredible.

Ah, the forums just crashed and when it came back up I saw your post and I thought you were talking about something new, until I realised you meant the poster xD yeah it's very nice!

mjq jazz bar wrote:At least they're getting closer.

???

FlagshipFighter has received a thanks from: Jibby
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Verderame » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm

John Doom wrote:
Verderame wrote: How did Ryo manage to get that tanned after being stuck in a cavern for so many years? :D

YS: He probably goes to a very expensive tanning salon. Probably not one of those cheap 100 yen salons in those communal baths. [Laughs]

:lol:

There's also a nice answer to show to all those smug smartass-wannabe shitposters on NeoGaf & co. that were so "concerned" about how Deep Silver's involvment was going to make the game sooo bad like MN9

JM: So, back to your plans for the future. I don't know if you've heard, but [Resident Evil creator] Shinji Mikami's studio, Tango, was recently acquired by Bethesda parent company, ZeniMax. Would you ever consider working with a Western publisher if you could get the funding to make Shenmue 3?

YS: That depends on the terms of negotiations. If we're given the freedom to make what we want, it doesn't matter where the company is from. I would take my family and move to the States.

Verderame has received 2 thanks from: John Doom, Let's Get Sweaty
Verderame

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby punkmanced » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

We should have news within the next 48 hours at most....(hopefully tomorrow).....oh man. The anticipation is real :)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Verderame wrote:
John Doom wrote:

:lol:

There's also a nice answer to show to all those smug smartass-wannabe shitposters on NeoGaf & co. that were so "concerned" about how Deep Silver's involvment was going to make the game sooo bad like MN9

JM: So, back to your plans for the future. I don't know if you've heard, but [Resident Evil creator] Shinji Mikami's studio, Tango, was recently acquired by Bethesda parent company, ZeniMax. Would you ever consider working with a Western publisher if you could get the funding to make Shenmue 3?

YS: That depends on the terms of negotiations. If we're given the freedom to make what we want, it doesn't matter where the company is from. I would take my family and move to the States.

Man, Yu is dedicated to this game. That's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Enigma » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Well I was just making a curry and got a bit too mesmerised by the new photos that I ended up burning everything. So I guess that means I really like the new model.

Like Hyo says, it looks as if they're going for more of a manga enthused art style when it comes to the character models. I dig it.

Enigma has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Ziming » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:09 pm

phpBB [video]

Ziming has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:13 pm

:rotflmao:
FlagshipFighter wrote:
Jibby wrote: Holy shit! The Ryo in that banner looks incredible.

Ah, the forums just crashed and when it came back up I saw your post and I thought you were talking about something new, until I realised you meant the poster xD yeah it's very nice!

mjq jazz bar wrote:At least they're getting closer.

???

Getting closer to a model that looks good, or at least like Ryo. I suppose it's not the most technically impressive model, but it looks passable to me. If the environments look as good as they' seem to, I'll barely notice Ryo.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III