Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet info

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Postby harlekin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:32 am

harlekin wrote: Shenmue 3

The adventures of crosseyed Ryo who, after an unfurtunate martial arts accident, now has turned fulltime dockworker in a chinese province, meeting a lovely mentally challenged girl named Shenfa, and their heartwarming efforts to find an apartment and get married in a not so open society?

Shenmue 3 will be a breakthrough. Touching on subjects no other videogame has ever dared to touch upon!

Yu Suzuki surely will be remembered as a visionary! (Or as the guy that took my 200 dollars...)

I wonder why Sony showed no interest in publishing this.

New twitter campaign suggestion: #notmyshenmue

Another twitter campaign suggestion:

#idchangemybackersrewardto:neverreleasethisgame
harlekin
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 am

Send them a message then. Maybe they'll do it if you throw enough of a piss fit. :roll:

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby harlekin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:26 am

Also - do you remember the interview, where Suzuki-san talked so much about the Unreal engine, and how it had this "water color" quality to it? The ability to create those tranlusent, misty atmospheres?

Well - looks like that is bull, and the old color palette will be surely missed.

Image cleanup courtesy of GhostTrick:
src: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... t246336608

Now, be honest - who saw that coming...

Still, this could be a twist and we all could be looking at Ryos evil twin brother Bob... I call dibs on that plotpoint.

But I guess you have to look at the positive side as well. After all of this is over, the name Peter Molyneux wont look so bad in the video game history books anymore... How about they give Ryo a dog! Or promise the first player who solves the mystery of Shenmue 3 a cut of the games earnings? Anything to distract, really....
harlekin
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:51 am

Woof, look at edgy Mr 10 posts in 14 years over here. It's an exact match for your age and your brain cells.

Doesn't even bother to read the press release let alone develop a more nuanced opinion than "bin it" based on whatever gripe of the week you've got.

Not like there's going to be more of the game to see anytime soon. Oh wait.

Or that the game has another year/year and a half left in development. Oh, wait!

Or that you've not even played it. Ohhhhh, wait.

Or that, amazingly, graphics can be changed and may develop as a product comes close to shipping. OH WAIT.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:01 am

Spaghetti wrote: Woof, look at edgy Mr 10 posts in 14 years over here. It's an exact match for your age and your brain cells.

Doesn't even bother to read the press release let alone develop a more nuanced opinion than "bin it" based on whatever gripe of the week you've got.

Or that the game has another year/year and a half left in development. Oh, wait!

Or that, amazingly, graphics can be changed and may develop as a product comes close to shipping. OH WAIT.

Dude, why even bother wasting your time trying to reason with a troll?
If he really feels like he's wasted 200 bucks, that's his problem.
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 am

I should know better, but I'm bored.

Truthfully, I think there needs to at least be a push back on shit like "Sony dropped it", because we know that's not true from the press release, and that narrative needs to be killed stone dead before idiots who refuse to read more than a sentence start parroting it.

We finally have it confirmed as a PS4 console exclusive, so Sony probably still has a marketing deal in place for the game, and the comments by a rep from Sony's third party production team are highly complimentary and warm towards Shenmue III and Yu Suzuki. I've already used the example several times of what Sony said when they dropped Rime. It's night and day.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Sonoshee, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:09 am

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Woof, look at edgy Mr 10 posts in 14 years over here. It's an exact match for your age and your brain cells.

Dude, why even bother wasting your time trying to reason with a troll?
If he really feels like he's wasted 200 bucks, that's his problem.

A troll, and a funny troll. I recognize the humor of good old pal SMDzero...or not?

#notmyshenmue :rotflmao: that sums up the charamodels thread perfectly.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:07 am

harlekin wrote:
harlekin wrote: Shenmue 3

The adventures of crosseyed Ryo who, after an unfurtunate martial arts accident, now has turned fulltime dockworker in a chinese province, meeting a lovely mentally challenged girl named Shenfa, and their heartwarming efforts to find an apartment and get married in a not so open society?

Shenmue 3 will be a breakthrough. Touching on subjects no other videogame has ever dared to touch upon!

Yu Suzuki surely will be remembered as a visionary! (Or as the guy that took my 200 dollars...)

I wonder why Sony showed no interest in publishing this.

New twitter campaign suggestion: #notmyshenmue

Another twitter campaign suggestion:

#idchangemybackersrewardto:neverreleasethisgame

Ok, so I'm guessing your join date indicates when you were born. It's pretty obvious because only a 14 year old could use hash tags on a non-twitter site and show such stupidity that I don't even know what to say! Enjoy your COD games you little jerk. Real gamers on the other hand, will play upcoming masterpieces like Shenmue III!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:25 am

I was thinking about the amount of detail and poligons of Mr. Muscles compared to Ryo. We know that depending on the importance of the character in the history, they will be made with three or four level of detail. Ryo and Shenhua will be first category and knowing that, Muscles seems to be very important in the story seeing how detailed is. It's even more complex than Ryo.

As several folks have said, the more I look at Ryo, the more I like him. Knowing that there is a year left to improve the game, I'm sure they are going to make them perfect. Environments are simply mazing, can't wait to see the clips at gamescom.

Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby mue 26 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 pm

Those models don't offend me at all. Take a tiny bit of getting used to, but not bad. I don't get the furore over them. But then, I would have been happy if they were stick drawings, as long as that magical Shenmue atmosphere is still there. I'm not all that fussed about how many pixels are in Ryo's hair or how wide the bridge of his nose is.

I've been out of the loop a while, did I see a shot of Xuiying a few pages back? Is she confirmed in the game? If so, then I'm well over the moon.

#Xuiying Hong is brill

mue 26 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Looking back at the SO trailer, I think this is the best official rendition of ryo yet (not counting promotional images), specially after color correcting.

So fucking hyped about The new stuff.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby TheThirdComing » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:23 pm

So with Deep Silver involved does this mean upon Shenmue's release we'lll see a lot of retail copies? I just hope this doesn't make people wait for the release over contributing to the Kickstarter. Deep Silver released a lot of Atlus's games in Europe, which often go for a lot of money after time, so it would seem more benefitial just going through the Kickstarter anyways.
TheThirdComing

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Doesn't look like Shibuya is stepping back at all, Cedric is still promoting the game :)

https://twitter.com/ShibuyaProd/status/ ... 9055638529

I'm not sure if Shibuya were ever down as publishers beyond maybe for the PC version, but even then I remember they said that the choice of DRM for PC (e.g. regular Steam DRM) was dependent on publisher or partner.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Tosh » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 pm

I think nobody has to be afraid of Deep Silver.
They are the publisher for Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in Europe.

The whole Dead Island 2 thing was something else
because Deep Silver owns all of the rights of the Dead Island franchise.
So of course they can change/cancel/redo this stuff if they have all the rights of that project.

But that has nothing to do with Shenmue or Yakuza etc.

Tosh has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, VukBZ2005
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby fittersau » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:38 am

Tosh wrote: I think nobody has to be afraid of Deep Silver.
They are the publisher for Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in Europe.

The whole Dead Island 2 thing was something else
because Deep Silver owns all of the rights of the Dead Island franchise.
So of course they can change/cancel/redo this stuff if they have all the rights of that project.

But that has nothing to do with Shenmue or Yakuza etc.

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as Deep Silver + Yakuza = Deep Silver + Shenmue III types of involvement.

Sega handle everything in house for Yakuza in terms of development and budget and previously did distribution themselves.

In Shemue III, Yu Suzuki has clearly said because of Deep Silver's involvement/investment, they now have more money to realise the open-world nature of Shenmue III and as well wear the expected marketing + distribution costs.

So far Suzuki has nothing but good things to say about Deep Silver, so lets hope it continues.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III