New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Postby ShenSun » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm

I hope they give Shenhua her original outfit and hat back. The current version doesn't look great. The hat is too big and the outfit is very generic and bland, with one shade of color.

Ryo continues to look better with each new image released, especially in the playstation blog images

Good comparison below

ShenSun has received a thanks from: DOS
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby punkmanced » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Ryo's model is definitely improving :nice!:

Shenhua... still needs work

punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 pm

The original Shenmues were the collective effort of countless human beings behind-the-scenes and the original works, character art, logo, and experience were a culmination of that. We should respectively carry on this legacy in order for Shenmue III to be the best it can be, which is why Yu-san encourages our honest feedback.

To be sincere, to many of us, the new models do look like impostors and the new logo does look quite jarring in comparison to the original, as well. Again, we must respect the creative process like those behind-the-scenes artists before us and offer Yu-san and company our sincerest guidance. Many of us are also speaking from the heart and only want the best for this magnum opus--a masterpiece which stands the test of time and inspires lives well beyond our own.

The creative story goes on...

ShenmueLegacy has received 2 thanks from: mjq jazz bar, Yokosuka
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm in love with the new Shenhua's outfit and excited to see her whole wardrobe as Yu was likely to put emphasize on her fashion since Project Berkley. As said by ShenShun however, I really want to see Shenhua with her original outfit back when starting the game in the cave (if the story actually starts from there).

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby staplepuffs27 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Yokosuka wrote: I'm in love with the new Shenhua's outfit and excited to see her whole wardrobe as Yu was likely to put emphasize on her fashion since Project Berkley. As said by ShenShun however, I really want to see Shenhua with her original outfit back when starting the game in the cave (if the story actually starts from there).
Her hat is throwing me off, but otherwise, I agree.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby ShenSun » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 am

Its odd. After watching the teaser trailer for the 10,000th time, I actually really like her new look??? Im up for the new outfit completely now, but yeah, let her at least have her iconic clothes to begin with and then change into the yellow outfit shortly after the game begins. The design still needs some major details added, but so far so good.

ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:03 am

Yu did say Shenhua might change her clothes through the game... also, in the teaser her hair length varies.

There was also this from last December:

I was pretty convinced this was of the new model (the scarf/snood around her neck is smaller than the E3 2015 model at least, and we know the new models were in production at this time), so... I wouldn't say Shenhua's old costume is gone just yet.

They could just be having trouble with stuff like the sleeves. Notice how Shenhua's new outfit doesn't have the open, loose sleeves of her original costume. My guess is they wanted them to be realistic by having the sleeves as a physics object (like parts of Ryo's jacket), but haven't quite got there yet, or have abandoned it altogether due to difficulty.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 am

Aside from his eyes, it seems that YSnet has nailed Ryo completely.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Face as much as body:

Tweak the eyes and polish his face skin for camera close-ups then we have the real Iwao's boy.

Yokosuka has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenSun » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:53 am

Spaghetti wrote: Yu did say Shenhua might change her clothes through the game... also, in the teaser her hair length varies.

There was also this from last December:

I was pretty convinced this was of the new model (the scarf/snood around her neck is smaller than the E3 2015 model at least, and we know the new models were in production at this time), so... I wouldn't say Shenhua's old costume is gone just yet.

They could just be having trouble with stuff like the sleeves. Notice how Shenhua's new outfit doesn't have the open, loose sleeves of her original costume. My guess is they wanted them to be realistic by having the sleeves as a physics object (like parts of Ryo's jacket), but haven't quite got there yet, or have abandoned it altogether due to difficulty.

That's a very good point. I completely forgot about that image. The game does start 6 hours after Shenmue 2, so maybe Shenhua and Ryo go on a mini quest with her in the original outfit first. She then later changes into the yellow clothes when they return to the stone pit. That or perhaps we can choose which outfit she wears. Im sure i read somewhere we could change Ryo's jacket, so perhaps when we control Shenhua, this is also the case.

Yokosuka wrote: Aside from his eyes, it seems that YSnet has nailed Ryo completely.

Tweak the eyes and polish his face skin for camera close-ups then we have the real Iwao's boy.

I agree, they've done a really good job on Ryo. Just a few more tweaks and adjustments and he should be good to go.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 am

Maybe I'm seeing things, but on the wide shot of Ryo from the Mr Muscles fight, does it say "S3" on the side of his shoe? First time we saw the shoes of the new model (December '16), they had 4K on the side.

I'm wondering if the team are leaving easter eggs on Ryo's shoes. :lol:

As for the model in the teaser and the PlayStation blog screens, I have a theory... It's hard to tell considering some shots haven't even got fully built lighting, but I almost feel like sometimes we're not seeing the same model throughout. Like some shots have different revisions in them.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tortu_genial » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:07 am

I agree with you Yokosuka, the face of ryo is already pretty cool.

in fact more I see the new model and more I like him
Tortu_genial
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:11 am

Ryo can probably get there with a few tweaks. Specially without a south american skin tone...

Shenhua on the other hand, looks more like Nozomi than herself.

killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby celsowm » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 am

Shenhua needs more "chinese eyes"
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Monkei » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Maybe I'm seeing things, but on the wide shot of Ryo from the Mr Muscles fight, does it say "S3" on the side of his shoe?

Shenmue III confirmed.

Monkei has received 4 thanks from: KidMarine, Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti, TwiceFriedRice
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ShenSun » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:25 pm

We've come a long way.

ShenSun has received 5 thanks from: fittersau, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti, Suzuki Yu
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III