Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby sutoji » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:22 am

There is no way that is going to be the new logo. We will all make them use the original that was used for Shenmue 1 and 2 with our feedback. Sorry Suzuki!

As for the models Ryo is almost what he is supposed to look like although he looks slightly less muscular as he did and seems to have dyed his hair brown hehe. Shenhua is far from what she is supposed to look like. I am certain it will be fixed at release. I would not accept these models.

The most impressive thing about the trailer were the environments (felt shenmue as much as it could) and the fighting, so good! facial animations are harder to do so they will be obviously completed in the remaining development time.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby johnvivant » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 am

I'm very pleased with the progress of the game so far and i can honestly say it has exceeded by expectations in many areas. Its a 'warts and all' kind of a trailer that accurately represents the current 'early' state of the game. The game still has well over a year of development time left, and I'm confident that many of the issues that people have already highlighted will be resolved.

I just want to express my gratitude and appreciation to Suzuki and his team for all their hard work in making Shenmue 3 a reality.

imo the overall graphics and environments are exquisite!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby fittersau » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:44 am

Looking good. I'm actually liking both Ryo and Shenfa in trailer and in the stills. They look good with plenty of opportunity to change the face animation.

This Ryo is pretty much the same Ryo we know from the previous Shenmues, just darker south China tan.

fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:47 am

The characters look like they're from some nightmarish future reality where Thunderbird puppets gained sentience and slaughtered everyone to replace us.

Also why make an announcement about the logo then almost immediately backtrack?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby fittersau » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:48 am

sutoji wrote: There is no way that is going to be the new logo. We will all make them use the original that was used for Shenmue 1 and 2 with our feedback. Sorry Suzuki!.

Agreed, we need to let him know gently. TBH, if he's wasting time on trying to make a new logo, development must be going pretty well despite the delay, which was expected anyway.

I had my suspicion that it was Yu Suzuki's hand writing as I've seen something like that before from his English handwriting. But no, it must go.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:48 am

fittersau wrote: Looking good. I'm actually liking both Ryo and Shenfa in trailer and in the stills. They look good with plenty of opportunity to change the face animation.

This Ryo is pretty much the same Ryo we know from the previous Shenmues, just darker south China tan.

Why can't Shenhua look like how she does in your Avatar? That's perfect!
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby John Doom » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:55 am

Nevermind trolls and haters, I don't think we should blame regular gamers and journalists for looking at the trailer and saying that it's not good enough: unlike us, they may not know that it's WIP, but let's be objective: have you ever seen a trailer showing footage in such a state? Trailers are supposed to show off what the game will look like when released. Be honest: it this was the trailer for another game, wouldn't you have been at least concerned?

John Doom has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby fittersau » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:02 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote:
fittersau wrote: Looking good. I'm actually liking both Ryo and Shenfa in trailer and in the stills. They look good with plenty of opportunity to change the face animation.

Why can't Shenhua look like how she does in your Avatar? That's perfect!

I agree, I do like the Shenhua on my avatar, but I am also developing a fondness for this new Shenfa.

She's still cute. With proper facial expressions she'll be fine.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 am

John Doom wrote: Nevermind trolls and haters, I don't think we should blame regular gamers and journalists for looking at the trailer and saying that it's not good enough: unlike us, they may not know that it's WIP, but let's be objective: have you ever seen a trailer showing footage in such a state? Trailers are supposed to show off what the game will look like when released. Be honest: it this was the trailer for another game, wouldn't you have been at least concerned?

No because it's already astounding. Of course the models still aren't quite there yet and there's some other issues but overall, a solid showing. Imagine how it'll look like a year from now! Shenmue III will certainly be a masterpiece.

Also, DoubleO_Ren, this is the perfect Shenhua http://i.imgur.com/wmpbeDH.jpg

Shenmue_Legend has received a thanks from: Fei Fong Wong
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby ys » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 am

Fucking hell, man. Regarding the faces. Are people really this retarded or is it another case of creating internet drama to feel special? It's obvious that there's basically no facial animations at all. Why would Yu, who added this to his games before many others, not add it now? #-o I guess that they're waiting for the voice work first? Many forget/ignore that it's a Kickstarter game too. They're supposed to show progress now and then unlike regular games.

But there's one thing Yu and his team really need to learn : don't give gamers and the press ANY chance to create ridicule. Why not state at the start of the video that it's a work in progress and specify things they're adding later? It's a bit naive to assume that all people read the text underneath videos or bother to look up if this is unfinished.

Spaghetti wrote: NeoGAF is kind of a lost cause right now. Even the pretty damn respectable screens are getting flak, but I expect that's because people smell blood in the water.

It's hypocritical. I remember threads where they complained about Ubisoft and others releasing bullshots and how they would like developers to show the truth instead. But when someone does they react like this.

VukBZ2005 wrote: The YT & NeoGAF comments are making me VERY emotional right now. What's happened to the gaming community I knew of 20+ years ago? Hell, you could've said it was more "kid-oriented" back then, but the toxicity today is unreal...

It's interesting. In a way, the behavior is more childish now that there's many more adults around.

ys has received a thanks from: Fei Fong Wong
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:29 am

It's gone a bit looney tunes, frankly.

There's a very real temptation to go full blackout, disappear into the ether, and just wait for the game's release.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ine-San Rocks ! » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:49 am

I have been watching this teaser a hundred times and I must say I'm extremely impressed and excited. And I don't understand the backlash it is already receiving. Yes, the facial expressions need to be improved. But if they don't, I don't care. I'm fine with them.

I'm pretty sure most of those scenes will not appear in the game - or at least not the way they appear in this teaser. For example, I thought YS said the game would start a few days after Shenmue 2. If so, why do see the cave ? I think people need to remember this teaser is just a mere confirmation of the fact that Shenmue 3 is freaking real. And with that in mind, it's impossible to say this teaser is nothing but GOOD !
Ine-San Rocks !
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Tortu_genial » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4caEaI8tSu8&t=15s

I have almost exactly the same opinion as him :)

It is nice to see a former journaliste have a good reaction to this teaser :)
Tortu_genial
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby fittersau » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

ys wrote:
VukBZ2005 wrote: The YT & NeoGAF comments are making me VERY emotional right now. What's happened to the gaming community I knew of 20+ years ago? Hell, you could've said it was more "kid-oriented" back then, but the toxicity today is unreal...

It's interesting. In a way, the behavior is more childish now that there's many more adults around.

Neogaf used to be cool a number of years ago, now its more like 2chan or other places which overreacts to things. (yeah, yeah there's a bit here too).

Spaghetti wrote: It's gone a bit looney tunes, frankly.
There's a very real temptation to go full blackout, disappear into the ether, and just wait for the game's release.

Spag going into hiding and not talking about Shenmue 3... come on.. pull the other one.. :lol:

fittersau has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:15 am

darksniper wrote: Looks like Shenmue to me. That big buff dude looks much better in motion than he did on those KS update. Shenhua still needs some tweaking but all in all it looks phenomenal.

Only gripe I have is the font. They should use the original like they initially intended.

In the KS update email i received Yu Suzuki tells that HE DID THE FONT HIMSELF, by Hand! Now thats awesome!
Last edited by Fei Fong Wong on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III