Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby SledgeNE » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:59 am

phpBB [video]

The fights in the previews Shenmue-Games was the hardest to me. Specially in Shenmue II on the Rooftop. It was an amazing scene. But i like challenges.

The Video is old. ;-)
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Tortu_genial » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Thank you for sharing the video SledgeNe, I haven't seen it :)

Tortu_genial has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Tortu_genial
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Deta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Shenmue fans are such a cry babies nowadays. Defending their thoughts like they are absolute. Riku was right. The trailer was awkward and doesnt sell the game for the new players. Why bother releasing something what isnt even relatively ready? "Well they had to show something". Well show something which looks good for god sake. They could have directed the trailer way better. Leaving the awkward bits away. Atleast the environments looked cool.
All this ignorance from the fans is just damn funny. Defending and creating these false illusions about things shenmue team probably havent even thought about. Good example is the S1 and S2 release. Last time I was here I saw bunch of guys overexcited about how S1 and S2 will be announced next. Then Yu completely shits on the idea in the latest interview.

Its just mind boggling how some people here start crying immidiately after someone brings up a question little bit different than where can I buy my newest shenmue fan goggles.

There is fans who wants the game to succeed and looks stuff more critically but somehow most of the shenmue fans get offended by it? :rotflmao:

Deta has received 5 thanks from: ConanTheKing, JohnBlack, MiTT3NZ, Mystere, SickOctopus
Deta

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:35 pm

Deta wrote: Shenmue fans are such a cry babies nowadays. Defending their thoughts like they are absolute.

Deta wrote:[the rest of your post]

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, VukBZ2005, Your Boy Leroy
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Deta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Yes sums up just about everyting I just wrote there haha, thanks got my daily laugh :rotflmao:

Please carry on.
Deta

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:47 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just sayin'. It's a two way street.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Deta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Well its good then. Better this way. Always happy to share laughs with someone. I hope the butthurt fanbois dont come and ruin the mood.
Deta

Postby RootyKazooty » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:10 pm

@Deta. Are you complaining about people complaining about complainers?

This is getting too complicated.
RootyKazooty

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Deta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pm

I knew it might fly over some people :roll:
Deta

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Or did it pass under ??

Just sayin'. It's a 3D geometry, or sumthing
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Gromber » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:35 am

deleted, KidMarine Is right
Last edited by Gromber on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gromber

Postby KidMarine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:38 am

Great, we all really needed to see that. Thanks for sharing.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:53 am

Deta wrote: Well its good then. Better this way. Always happy to share laughs with someone. I hope the butthurt fanbois dont come and ruin the mood.

I think you got a point.

I'm not going to write of Shenmue III just yet as it's still early days. However, if this really is meant to be a large modern game then is going to need a lot of investment by the publisher because the Kickstarter funds surely won't carry development far enough.

In addition to this the development team are veterans but when you look at their credentials I see no recent amazing pieces of work. This makes me question the team's capability. Are their skills and abilities still relevant today? We can already see an example with the logo. Yu is like "This is cool" and everyone else is pretty much "No.". I worry that the product just won't meet expectations much like Nintendo going "Everyone wants voice chat on their phone". It's like do they realise what year it is? Games have changed so much and you can joke about COD or microtransactions but I am talking about the Yakuza series because that is where the obvious comparisons are.

We had two great games, personally, I wouldn't mind the third game being scaled back into something just for the purpose of ending the story like a manga series or some 2D game like Phoenix Wright. At this point, that's the only thing I want, a conclusion to a cliffhanger I've been waiting to have resolved for so long.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 am

Is the Yakuza games and AAA games the only games you play and thus hold Shenmue 3 to the same mark to? You have a very tunneled vision of today's modern gaming.

You are going on about scaling the game back and ending it, which is never gonna happen. It's been explained in the Kickstarter and numerous interviews what this game will be, how big it will be, that it won't end with 3. Why are you drabbling in about stuff that really doesn't matter?

Peter has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ConanTheKing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Peter wrote: Is the Yakuza games and AAA games the only games you play and thus hold Shenmue 3 to the same mark to? You have a very tunneled vision of today's modern gaming.

Well comparisons need to be made somewhere to give a frame of reference so stop the condescending attitude.

Peter wrote: You are going on about scaling the game back and ending it, which is never gonna happen.

The game is going to be inevitably scaled back, it will never be the ground breaking epic Shenmue 1 and 2.

Peter wrote: It's been explained in the Kickstarter and numerous interviews what this game will be, how big it will be, that it won't end with 3. Why are you drabbling in about stuff that really doesn't matter?

Don't tell me it doesn't matter, I've been waiting for what seems to be over a decade for this game. Do you honestly think waiting over a decade for an answer to the cliffhanger from one of my favorite games doesn't matter? I don't want a repeat of that with Shenmue 4.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III