Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Kiske wrote:
Gastarot wrote: Was a bad idea to showing this trailer (or build anyway looks trailer) people waitting Ryo for long time, the climax to showing Ryo was not emotional at all for many points, slow discovery, drama intense scene, face expression... when we showing trailer for public all need to be clean and finish. showing trailer not finish it's mean maybe the game will be not finsh as well ! For communication it's definitly a Giant idiot mistake.

No emotion at all for this teaser then but as preview was great.

Yeah yeah... we all know the issues with the teaser by now. Thank you.

No emotion at all for this teaser?

I peed a little because of the emotion from this scene. (Not to talk about the cave scenes....)

I showed the video to my brother who is a Shenmue fan and had both a loud laugh when we saw that scene because of the stiff animation. :lol:

That's pretty disrespectful and insulting. Especially considering that it's a pretty awesome and badass scene. Sure the first couple of punches are off, but other than that it's fantastic!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 am

Deep Silver publishing Mighty No. 9 has very little to do, it seems, with their involvement in Shenmue III outside od enabling Suzuki to realize his vision. I don't believe they have a whole lot of creative input.

What I mean by that is that Mighty No. 9 was already showing false promises, etc. because Keiji Inafune was riding the wave of support because people believed he was someone he wasn't. He wasn't the true father of Mega Man.

Suzuki is Shenmue. It was conceived by him and made reality by him. He is far more open and honest on Shenmue III and it's WIP than any project backed by Kickstarter yet, matched only by Koji Igarashi and Bloodstained.

Also, Deep Silver didn't get involved until very late in development of MN9, if I recall. Many lessons in life come in the toughest way. I think they had a hard lesson learned with the infamous MN9 ad.

Again--comments by the Executive Producer confirm what I've said before. Pressure by the backers(and some media) to show SOMETHING is what caused an early teaser to be shown, perhaps too soon.

Suzuki has been humble and understanding of the criticism. He hasn't backed down on the models and confirmed its temporary. Shenmue was a marvel of technology with character models. To think he'd accept what was shown as final with over a year remaining is absolutely foolish thinking.
Last edited by Valascaziel on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 am

Yokosuka wrote:Executive producer of Shenmue III:
However, this time we weren’t able to make it on time for the video. While the video we presented this time was meant to be a promotion for us, I believe that it was a little premature. Since starting the project in 2015, we haven’t released that many videos. Since we signed a publishing contract with Deep Silver, a part of us felt the need to announce “We’re continuing the project’s development under a new establishment. Please rest assured,” and we felt that it would be wrong to not have any kind of video, so we decided to release one this time around. It might sound like a bit of an excuse, but even though there are some parts that we feel is lacking or some parts that we’re not satisfied with, we decided to go ahead with it because we didn’t want to not have anything to show for it.”

I really feel sorry for them.

Exciting to get confirmation that this is older footage. That makes me hopeful that we'll get to see new and improved footage in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:30 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:

That's pretty disrespectful and insulting. Especially considering that it's a pretty awesome and badass scene. Sure the first couple of punches are off, but other than that it's fantastic!

Bro you can't control your very own basic emotion and my brother wasn't aware that the game was still deeply WIP. It was a full surprise to him so the scene was kinda hilarious to watch. But I agree, animation apart, it gave me chills too afterwards when thinking about what it would be with the final models.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Mystere » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:44 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
However, this time we weren’t able to make it on time for the video. While the video we presented this time was meant to be a promotion for us, I believe that it was a little premature. Since starting the project in 2015, we haven’t released that many videos. Since we signed a publishing contract with Deep Silver, a part of us felt the need to announce “We’re continuing the project’s development under a new establishment. Please rest assured,” and we felt that it would be wrong to not have any kind of video, so we decided to release one this time around. It might sound like a bit of an excuse, but even though there are some parts that we feel is lacking or some parts that we’re not satisfied with, we decided to go ahead with it because we didn’t want to not have anything to show for it.”

Exciting to get confirmation that this is older footage. That makes me hopeful that we'll get to see new and improved footage in the near future.

Didn't see any confirmation in there that it's older footage. His implication seems to be that they put this together for Gamescom, following the DS contract signing.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:45 am

Mystere wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:

Didn't see any confirmation in there that it's older footage. His implication seems to be that they put this together for Gamescom, following the DS contract signing.

He said that they couldn't make the video in time.

TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

Mystere wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:

Peter confirmed he saw "90%" of the Gamescom footage last year at the backer dinner.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: TwiceFriedRice, VukBZ2005
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mystere » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:49 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Mystere wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:

He said that they couldn't make the video in time.

I'd read that as "The time between DS signing and Gamescom wasn't enough to finish it," not "This is an old video we just threw out there." The video they worked on is the one they released.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby John Doom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:56 am

Sonoshee wrote:Peter confirmed he saw "90%" of the Gamescom footage last year at the backer dinner.

I think he also said some parts were different and used a lot of placeholders. Basically what we've seen now is that trailer, but updated with the latests improvements, not necessarily older footage. Suzuki probably means that they coulnd't polish the content on time for Gamescom, so the footage looks still WIP.

John Doom has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Mystere » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:07 am

Sonoshee wrote:
Peter confirmed he saw "90%" of the Gamescom footage last year at the backer dinner.

He also said in another topic here:

Peter wrote:No because I am basing it on what I seen almost a year ago to what we are seeing now. Choubu didn't look like that astheticly, it looked far more cartoony. So logically, I have to apply the same way of thinking in regards to character models. I'd rather base my assumptions on what's gone before than out of pure speculation.

I think the 90% he's referring to are the actual locales / environments, and not the actual stage of development given what he said there. Evidently what he saw looked different.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:36 am

If that's stiff, I'm a banana. Tweaking for impact can heighten the scene (sound helps too) but that looks fine to me.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 am

You mean the third punch Ryo throws at the guy? That's not a stiff animation, the fisherman blocks it with his right hand.

Also, if you're brother is also a Shenmue fan, how does he not know the game will not be out before late 2018? Your story doesn't seem to make sense.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:54 am

Ryo's animation is good. The fisherman's one has something wrong and his very unpolished design makes the whole scene not to take seriously.

My brother no longer plays video games and has no time to follow the news but did beat Shenmue 2 and often watched myself playing the games in the past. He's not as fan as me but does enjoy the franchise. He told me that he fail to understand why YSnet showed this trailer to the world if the game shape is not ready enough.
Last edited by Yokosuka on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Centrale » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:55 am

The fighting animations look excellent. I figure the fisherman is some sort of master on par with Xiuying, and he's either evaluating where Ryo is in his development or is already giving him some sort of instruction about the kind of calmness and focus he's going to have to cultivate. Also, Ryo's jacket looks great.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Ryo's animation is good. The fisherman's one has something wrong and his very unpolished design makes the whole scene not to take seriously.

My brother no longer plays video games and has no time to follow the news but did beat Shenmue 2 and often watched myself playing the games in the past. He's not as fan as me but does enjoy the franchise. He told me that he fail to understand why YSnet showed this trailer to the world if the game shape is not ready enough.

Mmmh, maybe the fisherman having a little more head movement and facial expressions would help? I'm almost sure he's teaching Ryo a move to evade enemy punches with minimum movement of oneself.

As for your brothers question, you got your answer today. That executive producer guy used PR speak to say: "Deep Silver wanted us to show something at Gamescom since they just gave us a deal for S3 and wanted to create some hype for their Gamescom appearance. We didn't have time to make a proper teaser so we used this internal promo reel from which we removed the facial animations."

We may like it or not. But Deep Silver is a German publisher and Gamescom is the biggest gaming event in Europe so it's pretty clear that if you sign a deal with them and take their money, you're gonna have to give them something to show at Gamescom.

That's something Yu could be critizised for. If he was looking for a publisher, why didn't he make a teaser long ago? Any publishing company would ask for something to show when they announce the partnership, not just Deep Silver.

Hyo Razuki has received 3 thanks from: RenDur89, VukBZ2005, Yokosuka
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III