Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Executive producer of Shenmue III:
However, this time we weren’t able to make it on time for the video. While the video we presented this time was meant to be a promotion for us, I believe that it was a little premature. Since starting the project in 2015, we haven’t released that many videos. Since we signed a publishing contract with Deep Silver, a part of us felt the need to announce “We’re continuing the project’s development under a new establishment. Please rest assured,” and we felt that it would be wrong to not have any kind of video, so we decided to release one this time around. It might sound like a bit of an excuse, but even though there are some parts that we feel is lacking or some parts that we’re not satisfied with, we decided to go ahead with it because we didn’t want to not have anything to show for it.”

I really feel sorry for them.

That's it, case closed.

Fei Fong Wong has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Ryo's animation is good. The fisherman's one has something wrong and his very unpolished design makes the whole scene not to take seriously.

My brother no longer plays video games and has no time to follow the news but did beat Shenmue 2 and often watched myself playing the games in the past. He's not as fan as me but does enjoy the franchise. He told me that he fail to understand why YSnet showed this trailer to the world if the game shape is not ready enough.

Really? The fisherman? The whole scene is made more awesome because of him. You can clearly see he is a skilled martial artist by the way he reads and blocks Ryo's attacks. He only moves when he needs to. Minimal movement as he knows he's at the right range to avoid the attack and when he does use head movement, it's very subtle (you can see this when he evades Ryo's kick). It's supposed to be intentional.

Shenmue_Legend has received 2 thanks from: Fei Fong Wong, VukBZ2005
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah I think the point of that whole fight is that the fisherman is some grandmaster who barely has to move to block Ryo's attacks. Like... it's kind of supposed to look effortless for him while Ryo is expending a lot of energy in his movements for no real benefit.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Fei Fong Wong, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Enigma » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Regarding the teaser, its nice to see more and more positivity and rational thinking slowly being posted online to lessen the damage and reassure people unaware of what's truly going on.

phpBB [video]

Enigma has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:12 pm

The point of that sequence is showing ryo he's worthless and should end himself asap.

Spoiler: he won't.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ShenSun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Enigma wrote: Regarding the teaser, its nice to see more and more positivity and rational thinking slowly being posted online to lessen the damage and reassure people unaware of what's truly going on.

phpBB [video]

Great video by Johnny.

The general negative shenmue teaser response is typical internet hysteria. I left a detailed post on gaf about the current situation, which basically explained everything in detail from every possible perspective. Alot of ppl understood it when it was broken down for them. However ive learned over the last two days the following.

1) ALOT of people do not understand nuance
information.

2) a good majority will comform to the group think of the discussion and jump on the trending bandwagon (no facial animations. Its the end of the world.....)

3) There is so much over sensitivity with ppl these days. They get triggered and outraged about anything.

4) ignorant trolls who want to shout the game down no matter what (yakuza is better so shenmue should just die. I hope it fails etc etc etc).

If someone is not sure and seeks and answer. No problem. But when you get the answer over and over again and you continue to be a dick, then there's an issue.

The biggest shock for me was neogaf. The biggest gaming forum on the net which should understand all the nuances in gaming development and such. Nope not a chance.

ShenSun has received 2 thanks from: SheepheadCG, Verderame
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:13 pm

I let it sink in a bit and I'm rather happy with what I'm seeing, the environments are stunning and the character models are...okay, Ryo is getting there at least, I think, but they're mostly placeholders or stuff for them to work around with, I mean, this was pretty obvious, it's game development but hey people were going bananas. The game has a long way to go yet and the fact that they're getting more funding now as well will hopefully help development in a big way (Suzuki is even going as far as to say he's got more people in development now in one of the interviews). I can see a lot of positivity out of this update, onwards and upwards. I have trust in the man and his team.

Must admit seeing Ryo doing martial arts against various people was pretty exciting to see. Kinda hitting me that Shenmue 3 is a reality, which in itself, is fucking ridiculous really. I for one am glad it is a reality.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Spaghetti? That you Spence?

Nah bro.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm not one bit surprised that people in general are growing hostile to kickstarter games...
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Verderame » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm

ShenSun wrote:
Great video by Johnny.

The general negative shenmue teaser response is typical internet hysteria. I left a detailed post on gaf about the current situation, which basically explained everything in detail from every possible perspective. Alot of ppl understood it when it was broken down for them. However ive learned over the last two days the following.

information.

2) a good majority will comform to the group think of the discussion and jump on the trending bandwagon (no facial animations. Its the end of the world.....)

3) There is so much over sensitivity with ppl these days. They get triggered and outraged about anything.

4) ignorant trolls who want to shout the game down no matter what (yakuza is better so shenmue should just die. I hope it fails etc etc etc).

If someone is not sure and seeks and answer. No problem. But when you get the answer over and over again and you continue to be a dick, then there's an issue.

The biggest shock for me was neogaf. The biggest gaming forum on the net which should understand all the nuances in gaming development and such. Nope not a chance.

Why should you use your brain when you can just drop that smug one-liner and join the cool guys.

Also, let's stop overrating NeoGaf, all their industry insiders are long gone and most of their gaming discussions are fanboy ridden and trash-tier. Nowadays it's basically a GameFaqs with a fancier account-validation system and a politically extremist dictatorship.

Verderame has received 2 thanks from: RenDur89, VukBZ2005
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 pm

The number of "reaction videos" and post-reaction videos on Youtube is HUGE.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby ShenSun » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Verderame wrote:

Why should you use your brain when you can just drop that smug one-liner and join the cool guys.

Also, let's stop overrating NeoGaf, all their industry insiders are long gone and most of their gaming discussions are fanboy ridden and trash-tier. Nowadays it's basically a GameFaqs with a fancier account-validation system and a politically extremist dictatorship.

I like neogaf. I use it as my central hub for up to date gaming news. That said, i hardly take part in the discussions and i avoid the political threads like the plague. There are definetly some extreme policital views on there to the point where i feel uneasy reading some of the threads. I stick to gaming section only and it tends to work out.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Yokosuka wrote: The number of "reaction videos" and post-reaction videos on Youtube is HUGE.

There are countless channels on YouTube that "react" to movies, tv shows, and video games. They often generate a lot of views which turns into $$$.

Ziming has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Verderame » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:57 pm

ShenSun wrote:
Verderame wrote:

I like neogaf. I use it as my central hub for up to date gaming news. That said, i hardly take part in the discussions and i avoid the political threads like the plague. There are definetly some extreme policital views on there to the point where i feel uneasy reading some of the threads. I stick to gaming section only and it tends to work out.

Yeah, i know, it's at least a very good and up to date news feed, but honestly everything else sucks very hard. Their actual discussions are in most cases on the same level of any other gaming website or forum (=very low), and like you said there's also an huge and obnoxious politically extremist hivemind that you can't dissent in any way if you don't want to be dogpiled and banned on sight.
I don't really know if it's actually worth it.

Anyway, sorry for the OT :D
Verderame

Currently playing: Outrun

Postby ConanTheKing » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:49 am

Verderame wrote:
ShenSun wrote:
Great video by Johnny.

information.

NeoGAF is horrific. The people there love the smell of their own farts to much and want to believe that they are mature but the passive aggressive attitude many users have there is just as bad as the vulgar comments left on YouTube. They are just not direct but hell, anyone that doesn't conform is ridiculed with comments such as "What am I reading!?" for a few pages which serves only to mock whomever was quoted.

I go there for the gaming news but I don't have an account however when I see how users interact with each other I don't feel bad.
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Master Mo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 am

It`s very weird that people are so harsh on the technical side, even though it is pretty obvious that they haven`t applied any movement to eyes and such and this is why the faces look emotionless.

My issue, as someone who has played this games countless times, is the possibility of them redconing stuff... I know Shenmue I&II were produced a very long time ago and that things probably have to change but I backed this game because of how its predecessors were.

Now if I start up Shenmue III and I see a Shenhua in the cave that looks completely different (doesn`t look Chinese, different hair, very different clothes) or that it looks like the mirrors in the cave are the only thing made of phantom river stone and the cave itself is not I will get disappointed. And I think these artistical changes are my most grave concern.

The technical side I`m not very concerned with simply because what I`m seeing from the graphics this game looks very good graphics-wise.
Master Mo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III