Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

Postby darksniper » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:46 am

After hearing that Suzuki-sama received further financial capital to produce the game, this means that YS will be able to make the Shenmue III that he wants. The best Shenmue news this week wasn't that a "trailer" was shown, it was that Yu Suzuki got much needed financial support to develop the game. I'm confident that the final game will look MUCH better than the trailer we saw this trailer. If this means that Shenmue III gets delayed to 2019 so be it.

Basically that trailer we saw today was Project Berkley 3 trailer. There were significant visual improvements from Project Berkley to Shenmue I. I think we will see the same when Shenmue III goes into full promotion.

phpBB [video]

darksniper has received 2 thanks from: ShenmueTree, VukBZ2005
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby John Doom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 am

darksniper wrote:[...] Basically that trailer we saw today was Project Berkley 3 trailer. There were significant visual improvements from Project Berkley to Shenmue I.

:-k Not sure if this comparison applies: Project Berkley's trailer wasn't running on real hardware (unlike the new teaser), so they were able to make use of a lot of detail and special effects that didn't make it on the saturn and dreamcast versions, it was a visual downgrade in this case.
ImageImageImage
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Fei Fong Wong » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 pm

John Doom wrote:
darksniper wrote:[...] Basically that trailer we saw today was Project Berkley 3 trailer. There were significant visual improvements from Project Berkley to Shenmue I.

:-k Not sure if this comparison applies: Project Berkley's trailer wasn't running on real hardware (unlike the new teaser), so they were able to make use of a lot of detail and special effects that didn't make it on the saturn and dreamcast versions, it was a visual downgrade in this case.
ImageImageImage

Dreamcast real time graphics were far superior than that ugly CG.
Fei Fong Wong
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Fei1984
Steam: Fei Wong
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity

Postby John Doom » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Technically Shenmue on the dreamcast uses much more detailed textures, but the CG trailer uses a higher polygon count, makes use of much more complex lights, full shadows and smooth blur, everything in realtime, while on the dreamcast they're usually baked or simpler.
John Doom

Steam: John Doom
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Enigma » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Just went over to the Kickstarter Update page to respectfully comment on my logo preference and to thank Suzuki for all his hard work in this trailer and...the comment section is awful! (My first time noticing this.)
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Enigma wrote: Just went over to the Kickstarter Update page to respectfully comment on my logo preference and to thank Suzuki for all his hard work in this trailer and...the comment section is awful! (My first time noticing this.)

I don't get it. What's with this obsession of hating on Shenmue? I just uploaded a Shenmue related image on Imgur and I got down voted (-3 points). Seriously, these haters are mentally disabled. Fuck 'em!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Enigma » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Shenmue_Legend wrote: I don't get it. What's with this obsession of hating on Shenmue? I just uploaded a Shenmue related image on Imgur and I got down voted (-3 points). Seriously, these haters are mentally disabled. Fuck 'em!

Really? For no other reason? That's pretty harsh!

Shenmue is just an easy target to be hated on I guess. Even if the game was flawless in both presentation and gameplay it would still attract hate in the form of 'looks boring/stupid.'

Anyway, who in all honesty cares what other people think about something we or I like? If I could somehow get confirmation someway/somehow that such trashing will not spoil the chances of a Shenmue 4 and Suzuki would finish the story for the fans who appreciate his work regardless of outside critique I wouldn't care at all.

Enigma has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Legend
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Previous

Return to Shenmue III