Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

Postby mrandyk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 pm

KidMarine wrote:
Bellator wrote: Can't help but to express my frustation. We are a few days away from what was the original Intended release date for this game when the Kickstarter ended and have yet to see a single glimpse of gameplay, in-detail scenario or even characters besides some random NPC.

My hype and overall expectations are reaching an all time low and I am beggining to forget about his game altogether.

Come on now. With the agile methodology, the game isn't fully polished until the final stages of development. They could show plenty now, but it would be rough and there would be plenty of placeholders, but dummies would take it for the final build. You can't exactly blame them for holding their cards close to their chest.

Exactly right. Save the gameplay footage for when it's ready to be shown. Anything less will result in more unnecessary rage.

mrandyk has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Abraham_1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:33 am

mrandyk wrote:
KidMarine wrote:
Bellator wrote: Can't help but to express my frustation. We are a few days away from what was the original Intended release date for this game when the Kickstarter ended and have yet to see a single glimpse of gameplay, in-detail scenario or even characters besides some random NPC.

My hype and overall expectations are reaching an all time low and I am beggining to forget about his game altogether.

Come on now. With the agile methodology, the game isn't fully polished until the final stages of development. They could show plenty now, but it would be rough and there would be plenty of placeholders, but dummies would take it for the final build. You can't exactly blame them for holding their cards close to their chest.

Exactly right. Save the gameplay footage for when it's ready to be shown. Anything less will result in more unnecessary rage.

Whilst I agree that it is best to save gameplay when it's perfect so we don't have a rerun of the backlash over the trailer, I can sympathise with Bellator that it's troubling that there's been no gameplay shown yet. I honestly hoped they'd have extended the release date until 2019 at least because I'm almost certain there will be another delay and I don't want the game to garner a reputation for constant delays.
Abraham_1
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: THEBIGFATDUDE
Nintendo FC: abraham_b123
Steam: Abraham_B
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Danganronpa V3

Postby Telekill » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 am

Abraham_1 wrote: I honestly hoped they'd have extended the release date until 2019 at least because I'm almost certain there will be another delay and I don't want the game to garner a reputation for constant delays.

At that point they may as well move the project to being a PS5 launch title and piss off the PS4 supporters. It wouldn't affect me as I plan to buy the next Playstation regardless but many will be holding off until price drops, etc.

The only way they could delay Shenmue 3 to 2019 and beyond to be the game that some of you are anticipating it being (the end all, be all) would be if they delayed it to the next gen (not applicable to PC). The only way to not piss off the PS4 backers is if they released it on PS4 even if the PS5 is on the market and skipped the PS5. Of course, many only want one console hooked up so they risk loosing a smaller portion of PS4 backers by skipping a PS5 release.

The only way to please all three groups would be up to Sony. How? They need to make the PS5 backwards compatible (BC) with PS4 games. I give that a 50/50 shot as they have done away with BC in favor of forcing users to rebuy classics that they loved via remasters. On the other hand Microsoft is really pushing BC so that may force Sony's hand with the next Playstation.

I'm still hoping Shenmue 3 gets a 2018 release.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:53 pm

^Apart from that, Shenmue 3 wouldn't reach the ps5 standards since it's been planned to be released on Ps4 and todays PC not having in mind the new Ps5.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Telekill wrote:
Abraham_1 wrote: I honestly hoped they'd have extended the release date until 2019 at least because I'm almost certain there will be another delay and I don't want the game to garner a reputation for constant delays.

At that point they may as well move the project to being a PS5 launch title and piss off the PS4 supporters. It wouldn't affect me as I plan to buy the next Playstation regardless but many will be holding off until price drops, etc.

The only way they could delay Shenmue 3 to 2019 and beyond to be the game that some of you are anticipating it being (the end all, be all) would be if they delayed it to the next gen (not applicable to PC). The only way to not piss off the PS4 backers is if they released it on PS4 even if the PS5 is on the market and skipped the PS5. Of course, many only want one console hooked up so they risk loosing a smaller portion of PS4 backers by skipping a PS5 release.

The only way to please all three groups would be up to Sony. How? They need to make the PS5 backwards compatible (BC) with PS4 games. I give that a 50/50 shot as they have done away with BC in favor of forcing users to rebuy classics that they loved via remasters. On the other hand Microsoft is really pushing BC so that may force Sony's hand with the next Playstation.

I'm still hoping Shenmue 3 gets a 2018 release.

If the team had all the funding that they needed, then I truly believe Shenmue III would easily become the greatest game of all time.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:00 pm

^ Sure. Bill Gates' money is all it takes as it's not like real high budget games ever failed us before.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 pm

sand4fish wrote: ^ Sure. Bill Gates' money is all it takes as it's not like real high budget games ever failed us before.

Did Shenmue I and II fail us? Exactly, they didn't. Once a guy like Yu Suzuki has all the required resources, he creates a truly remarkable experience that is out of this world good!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby sand4fish » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Wohoo! Only now if we could find someone to get Bill Gates to chip in, then we are all set for life. Hmm...

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mrandyk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 pm

I think he'd rather put his money toward the machine that turns shit into water.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:21 pm

mrandyk wrote: I think he'd rather put his money toward the machine that turns shit into water.

The Tuberculosis Terminator, or T-P00 as it's known in the field?
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nahovil » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 am

It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:33 am

Nahovil wrote: It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?

What's great about the shenmue community is that even as it ages, it never matures.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Mystere
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:30 am

Holy shit, are those tweets real?!
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby KidMarine » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 am

Nahovil wrote: It's the darnedest thing, appealing to what is essentially, nowadays, a multimillionaire philanthropist to fund some videogame. Are you people for real?

People? You think one idiot is representative of the whole community?
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Telekill » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:19 am

KidMarine wrote:

People? You think one idiot is representative of the whole community?

^ Agreed. No one in their right mind believes Bill Gates would ever donate $5 let alone $50 mil.

I genuinely wonder how many request for hand outs Bill gets in a day via his various social media feeds, email and in person?

The answer is probably 50 million requests per day.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III