Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterpiece

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kingdom deliverance proves that shenmue 3 can be masterp

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:00 am

shocking news!! it has been confirmed in a recent interview that kingdome come deliverance ended up having a budget of 36 million dollars!!! what will this mean for shenmue 3?! :shock:
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 am

Hasn't this game been panned for bein broken n boring?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 am

So it looks like my theory about Deep Silver granting Kingdom Come a large sum may have some merit? Neat. Still, just having a lot of funding doesn't negate the need for competent development. There are a lot; f problems technically with KC:D. A lot of glitches to be found.

Anyway, if a similar deal was worked out for Shenmue, it could mean a lot of things. It is kind of difficult to speculate though.

Like, it have been the catalyst for the graphical upgrade, as well as the source for funding the outscored character models, etc. We don't really know, and most likely will not know until after the game releases, if ever.

All we can realistically extrapolate is that Deep Silver giving money to YSNet means that they can have a greater scope than originally intended. Does that mean that the game will be better for it in the end? No.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:23 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Hasn't this game been panned for bein broken n boring?

It’s gotten middling reviews for being buggy, but it seems like everyone who plays it either likes or loves it.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 am

I'm not sure if it even makes sense to draw conclusions for S3 just because it shares the same publisher with KCD.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:10 am

There’s no way of knowing how much they’ve truly raised, but there have been references to additional funding and I believe Shibuya raised a fair bit from investors before they took the project to Kickstarter. I doubt Cedric picked up a co-producer credit just for telling Yu Suzuki about Kickstarter.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I always find it a tad hypocritical that the same games media outlets who criticise Shenmue III's graphics mid-development don't ever seem to seriously criticise the fact that final product KC:D looks like a PC game from 10 years ago.

Annoys me to no end how willing they are to just jump on bandwagons instead of actually providing genuine researched work.

Jibby has received a thanks from: spud1897
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr357 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:21 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:
Mr357 wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote:I imagine they had a similar deal where they provided Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come's developer) with a significant amount of money like they did with YSnet (Shenmue 3's developer)

Citation needed

There is no citation needed because I did not state it as fact. I said "I imagine" which means I just stated a personal theory, nor did I try to pass my own belief as true information.

Try again.

You didn't word that very well then, bud. "I imagine" applies to what you said about Kingdom Come: Deliverence, but "like they did with YSNet" implies a past tense event which you are stating as fact.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 am

Mr357 wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote:
Mr357 wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote:I imagine they had a similar deal where they provided Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come's developer) with a significant amount of money like they did with YSnet (Shenmue 3's developer)

Citation needed

There is no citation needed because I did not state it as fact. I said "I imagine" which means I just stated a personal theory, nor did I try to pass my own belief as true information.

Try again.

You didn't word that very well then, bud. "I imagine" applies to what you said about Kingdom Come: Deliverence, but "like they did with YSNet" implies a past tense event which you are stating as fact.

Because we know Deep Silver gave extra funding to Shenmue, that is a fact, so of course I would state that part of the sentence as fact.

Saying "I imagine" does not imply assurance or affirmation. Ex, saying "I imagine it is going to rain again like it did earlier " based off of the wet ground, the shared knowledge that it did in fact rain earlier, and how the sky currently appears, does not imply for certain, there will be rain again that day. But we would know for a fact that it rained earlier, so we can imagine it raining again. Which is a guess based on previous information, it is not an assertion.

So, we can guess based off of the FACT that LIKE Deep Silver gave YSNet more funding that a similar situation COULD have happened with Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

So again, no citation needed, it is a personal theory.

But I imagine you'll not grasp the syntax just like last time.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr357 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:02 pm

ShenmueTree wrote:Because we know Deep Silver gave extra funding to Shenmue, that is a fact, so of course I would state that part of the sentence as fact.

We do? How much was it? That's what I wanted to know.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Mr357 wrote:
ShenmueTree wrote:Because we know Deep Silver gave extra funding to Shenmue, that is a fact, so of course I would state that part of the sentence as fact.

We do? How much was it? That's what I wanted to know.

Yes, we do. I can't recall the specific article or site but Yu Suzuku said so himself in an interview that the Deep Silver partnership came with significant funding and its allowing them to have a much greater scope of the game than originally intended. This was in one of the Gamescom 2017 time frame interviews, I think I recall it being mentioned a few other times between then and now as well.

As for exactly how much, we don't know much, do you really believe that that would be something that YSnet/Shibuya Production and Deep Silver would announce?
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby spud1897 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 am

Jibby wrote: I always find it a tad hypocritical that the same games media outlets who criticise Shenmue III's graphics mid-development don't ever seem to seriously criticise the fact that final product KC:D looks like a PC game from 10 years ago.

Annoys me to no end how willing they are to just jump on bandwagons instead of actually providing genuine researched work.

I've got Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its not a bad game though I've only spent a couple of hours on it. I have to say it does look like the game was made 5-10 years ago in terms of graphics but I personally don't care.

People jump at Shenmue because of the name and nothing else. Shenmue 3 will look better than Kingdom Come but I promise the media will say it looks like a PS3 game because I generates hits and also a game like Shenmue breaks the status quo of COD, Fifa etc annual instalments.

spud1897 has received 2 thanks from: Jibby, VukBZ2005
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby KidMarine » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:22 am

spud1897 wrote:
Jibby wrote: I always find it a tad hypocritical that the same games media outlets who criticise Shenmue III's graphics mid-development don't ever seem to seriously criticise the fact that final product KC:D looks like a PC game from 10 years ago.

I've got Kingdom Come: Deliverance and its not a bad game though I've only spent a couple of hours on it. I have to say it does look like the game was made 5-10 years ago in terms of graphics but I personally don't care.

People jump at Shenmue because of the name and nothing else. Shenmue 3 will look better than Kingdom Come but I promise the media will say it looks like a PS3 game because I generates hits and also a game like Shenmue breaks the status quo of COD, Fifa etc annual instalments.

Actually Polygon (the shittiest of all gaming websites) just did a really nasty hit-piece on Kingdom Come - https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/971835058544922624. I don't think the media is necessarily out to get Shenmue, they're complete liquid shit when it comes to every topic and most of us just happen to notice more when it comes to Shenmue because we're more invested in it.
Last edited by KidMarine on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:59 am

The media has it out for Kickstarter games.

Like I said up above, I've seen very little criticism of Kingdom Come from anyone who's played it. It seems like most people who've played through it think it's amazing. The reviews are completely at odds with what I've seen on forums--even forums like Resetera.

Kingdom Come's lead designer did the first two Mafia games, which are also supposedly great.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KidMarine » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Kickstarter games are good clickbait fodder because people have already paid but the product is still under development. It's very easy to rile people up with "It's a scam!!!" articles.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III