UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby ianpm31 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

SPG wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: It's not a scam.

Deep Silver wouldn't be publishing it it were a scam.

Thanks.


Its no skin off Deep Silvers nose until there's an actual game to be published. Deep Silver have no vested interest (financial) until there is an actual product to be published, marketed and distributed.


The whole scope of the game increased because of Deep Silver's funds. How did you think some of the work were outsourced to Lakshya Digital? Get your facts straight before calling something a scam. Deep Silver most certainly has vested interest.

ianpm31 has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: June 2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:28 pm

7heavens wrote: Is it just me, or do the Chinese style houses have clipping occurring in the back ground of the maiden and broom stick picture? It seems like the pointed ends are piercing through the neighbouring houses.


Perhaps. But don't mistake this for being a finished product.
User avatar
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:26 pm

ianpm31 wrote:
SPG wrote:
mjq jazz bar wrote: It's not a scam.

Deep Silver wouldn't be publishing it it were a scam.

Thanks.


Its no skin off Deep Silvers nose until there's an actual game to be published. Deep Silver have no vested interest (financial) until there is an actual product to be published, marketed and distributed.


The whole scope of the game increased because of Deep Silver's funds. How did you think some of the work were outsourced to Lakshya Digital? Get your facts straight before calling something a scam. Deep Silver most certainly has vested interest.


I can't find any info linking Deep Silver financially to Lakshya Digital.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Has Yu Suzuki ever been involved in a 'scam' product? Has Cedric Biscay? I'm sure Deep Silver's been given enough information to decide to invest in and publish the game.

They're not disclosing everything because they're not ready to disclose everything. The game is behind schedule and they've shown us some evidence they've been working on it. Have they shown us everything? No.

Looks like your video is pretty popular, by the way. :rotflmao:

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
User avatar
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: June 2015
PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Valascaziel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:20 pm

I don't think it is a scam. It's become an exercise in patience, sure--but a scam? Come on.

All signs now have changed to suggest the game is being held back not because it's a scam, but a proper reveal of the game at a major show is in order. Yeah, their marketing and communication needs serious work, but scam is too large a label.

Seeing through the eyes of the Mighty No. 9 failure, many people are and thus convinced this will suffer the same fate. I don't think so.

I don't see Yu Suzuki launching another Kickstarter before his original is finished, etc. He's a very humble and dedicated man who...look--

My father was so passionate about being a doctor and honing his craft that he did it for 57 years and died less than two months after retirement at 84, after his health took him out of practice. His own practice, ran by him and a secretary.

I see the same dedication and passion in Yu. His game track record speaks well--if he couldn't deliver what people deserved, much like my Dad could no longer deliver quality health care, he wouldn't do it. I feel that way about it. He cares about it, he's waited for years to do it. Lets just see what awaits us this year at major venues.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Centrale » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:51 pm

SPG wrote: I have a video on the subject here:


If you're expecting to get "likes" and "subscribes" by trolling the Shenmue community, I think that ship has sailed. Not only is it not going to happen on Youtube anymore for any joe schmoe to have a viral hit channel just by ranting about nonsense, but also simply because there's only going to be more and more legit information on Shenmue III in the coming months. In years past when the project was in doubt you'd get some views just because people were starved for Shenmue content but that's all over now.

Centrale has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
User avatar
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Centrale wrote:
SPG wrote: I have a video on the subject here:


If you're expecting to get "likes" and "subscribes" by trolling the Shenmue community, I think that ship has sailed. Not only is it not going to happen on Youtube anymore for any joe schmoe to have a viral hit channel just by ranting about nonsense, but also simply because there's only going to be more and more legit information on Shenmue III in the coming months. In years past when the project was in doubt you'd get some views just because people were starved for Shenmue content but that's all over now.


Hi, I've had a few subscribers thankfully from this community, I also comment in the forum in general. I wholeheartedly believe in what I talk about in my video and view it as far away from nonsense as you can get. If you watch it, you can pick out the points I'm making. Sadly Shenmue 3 has being in production for about three years now and quality information has being poor, funnily enough a subject I mention in the video. If you can watch the video I would advise you to as a Shenmue fan and also because Los Santos looks stunning when you slow down and take the time to appreciate it.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Valascaziel wrote: I don't think it is a scam. It's become an exercise in patience, sure--but a scam? Come on.

All signs now have changed to suggest the game is being held back not because it's a scam, but a proper reveal of the game at a major show is in order. Yeah, their marketing and communication needs serious work, but scam is too large a label.

Seeing through the eyes of the Mighty No. 9 failure, many people are and thus convinced this will suffer the same fate. I don't think so.

I don't see Yu Suzuki launching another Kickstarter before his original is finished, etc. He's a very humble and dedicated man who...look--

My father was so passionate about being a doctor and honing his craft that he did it for 57 years and died less than two months after retirement at 84, after his health took him out of practice. His own practice, ran by him and a secretary.

I see the same dedication and passion in Yu. His game track record speaks well--if he couldn't deliver what people deserved, much like my Dad could no longer deliver quality health care, he wouldn't do it. I feel that way about it. He cares about it, he's waited for years to do it. Lets just see what awaits us this year at major venues.


Thanks for the reply. I look at Shenmue 3 maybe from a different perspective, I look at the funding 'tactics,' see a lack of honesty and transparency which leads me to be skeptical towards the entire project. I'm judging Yu Suzuki by his current actions and not past actions. I'm sorry but with everything I mentioned in the video, I still lean towards some very grey, scam practices going on. For the fans and donors I do hope I'm wrong though.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:56 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Has Yu Suzuki ever been involved in a 'scam' product? Has Cedric Biscay? I'm sure Deep Silver's been given enough information to decide to invest in and publish the game.

They're not disclosing everything because they're not ready to disclose everything. The game is behind schedule and they've shown us some evidence they've been working on it. Have they shown us everything? No.

Looks like your video is pretty popular, by the way. :rotflmao:


When a project that 'claimed to be set up and determined by a kickstarter campaign decides to hide information, lie and ignore the said donors then I feel scam is the only word to describe it. Nice to see an ad hominem attack thrown in as an after thought or in the absence of thought entirely.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 pm

One of your arguments is no one knew Sony was involved until the Kickstarter ended, which is weird considering the Kickstarter was announced at Sony’s E3 presentation.
User avatar
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss
 
Joined: June 2015
PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby sand4fish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 pm

SPG wrote: When a project that 'claimed to be set up and determined by a kickstarter campaign decides to hide information, lie and ignore the said donors then I feel scam is the only word to describe it. Nice to see an ad hominem attack thrown in as an after thought or in the absence of thought entirely.


Hiding information, lie? What are you talking about? And what donors? This is no charity. Most of us if not all are not giving money away for free out of kindness. People are basically purchasing a tee or digital copy of the game at the very least. It's very far fetched to call the project a scam when names like Sony, which are getting an exclusive console release out of the deal, and Deep Silver, which very recently published a very commercially successful Kickstarter game, are attached to Shenmue 3.

In fact your "complaint" posts seem more likely a scam, a trick, dishonest attempt at discord when you are actually trying to fish for views and subscribers for your channel. This is clear when you keep asking us to watch your video in order for us to counter or agree with your supposed in-depth arguments at every post of yours. If you want to be part of this community and have something to say just straight up type your points right here. We can read. And yes, we noticed you posting your same video in multiple topics btw.

sand4fish has received 3 thanks from: Niowiad, punkmanced, SickOctopus
User avatar
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: November 2013
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:40 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: One of your arguments is no one knew Sony was involved until the Kickstarter ended, which is weird considering the Kickstarter was announced at Sony’s E3 presentation.


Sony claimed not to be involved in the project apart form providing a platform for Yu Suzuki to announce the kickstarter campaign.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby SPG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:49 am

sand4fish wrote:
SPG wrote: When a project that 'claimed to be set up and determined by a kickstarter campaign decides to hide information, lie and ignore the said donors then I feel scam is the only word to describe it. Nice to see an ad hominem attack thrown in as an after thought or in the absence of thought entirely.


Hiding information, lie? What are you talking about? And what donors? This is no charity. Most of us if not all are not giving money away for free out of kindness. People are basically purchasing a tee or digital copy of the game at the very least. It's very far fetched to call the project a scam when names like Sony, which are getting an exclusive console release out of the deal, and Deep Silver, which very recently published a very commercially successful Kickstarter game, are attached to Shenmue 3.

In fact your "complaint" posts seem more likely a scam, a trick, dishonest attempt at discord when you are actually trying to fish for views and subscribers for your channel. This is clear when you keep asking us to watch your video in order for us to counter or agree with your supposed in-depth arguments at every post of yours. If you want to be part of this community and have something to say just straight up type your points right here. We can read. And yes, we noticed you posting your same video in multiple topics btw.


Not everyone will have provided the same amount. Not everyone will have provided enough for a copy of the game. The fact that you claim people aren't giving away money out of kindness reinforces nearly every point I've made. It makes the practices by Yu Suzuki more dubious. I'd also have thought having large, reputable names attached to your project would make ciphering funds easier, especially when that is tied into video game development where money often goes 'missing,' and it attributed to development costs.

Also the video isn't dishonest or a scam. It does what it states it is going to do. I'm clearly not going to spend 30mins typing a script for an unscripted video when that said video can simply be watched. Of course I'm posting the same video in different topics IF and WHEN it applies, why on earth wouldn't I?
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
 
Joined: February 2018
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Niowiad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:50 am

I consider myself a very suspicious person by nature, but I can't believe we're even debating this.
It also sounds quite offensive towards Yu Suzuki, at 60 years of age and "quite" a track record.

Behind schedule... sure
Bad communication... probably
Scamming everyone... WTF
User avatar
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: May 2017
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Technophilz » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:56 am

SPG wrote:
Everything about Shemue 3 rubs me the wrong way. Maybe if people started being vocal and stopped defending eveyr questionable action by Yu Suzuki we could see REAL progress. I have a video on the subject here:

I am well-known here for my unpopular opinions about the progress of the Shenmue III project since the end of the Kickstarter campaign, I think my opinions may also represent the extremely pessimistic end of the spectrum, and I even got banned because of them.I have been harshly critical, and sometimes over critical. However, calling Shenmue III a scam is too much even for someone like me.
I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree with it on many fronts. You have to realise there's a big history behind Yu Suzuki and some of his team members to live up to, and I don't think they'd throw that behind their backs by scamming their backers, especially with a highly anticipated title like Shenmue III. They also have Deep Silver and (in one way or another) Sony on board, so it's hard to imagine they'd be scamming people with such big companies on board.
In my opinion, being harshly critical at this stage of development is required for the development team to see the shortcomings and hopefully work on fixing them before release, and consequently having a better end product.
I think Shenmue III is legit, and I hope it'll end up being the game I've been waiting for, and it'd be worth it.
If you think the entire thing's a scam, then you can stop wasting your time on it, it's that simple.

Technophilz has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
User avatar
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades
 
Joined: June 2015
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net