UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby ShenmueTree » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:37 am

There was person on another forum making this same argument, they wouldn't back down once they were proven wrong time and time again. I wonder of its the same person. They are banned now, https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmu ... ion.10919/ starts on 21st post and then continues for many pages.

I mean, it's just such a dumb argument, and mostly we are fools for even listening to such nonsense in the first place.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby SPG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Technophilz wrote:
SPG wrote:
Everything about Shemue 3 rubs me the wrong way. Maybe if people started being vocal and stopped defending eveyr questionable action by Yu Suzuki we could see REAL progress. I have a video on the subject here:

I am well-known here for my unpopular opinions about the progress of the Shenmue III project since the end of the Kickstarter campaign, I think my opinions may also represent the extremely pessimistic end of the spectrum, and I even got banned because of them.I have been harshly critical, and sometimes over critical. However, calling Shenmue III a scam is too much even for someone like me.
I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree with it on many fronts. You have to realise there's a big history behind Yu Suzuki and some of his team members to live up to, and I don't think they'd throw that behind their backs by scamming their backers, especially with a highly anticipated title like Shenmue III. They also have Deep Silver and (in one way or another) Sony on board, so it's hard to imagine they'd be scamming people with such big companies on board.
In my opinion, being harshly critical at this stage of development is required for the development team to see the shortcomings and hopefully work on fixing them before release, and consequently having a better end product.
I think Shenmue III is legit, and I hope it'll end up being the game I've been waiting for, and it'd be worth it.
If you think the entire thing's a scam, then you can stop wasting your time on it, it's that simple.

Firstly you shouldn't have being banned for any opinion and secondly, your opinion on Yu Suzuki mirrors another user's on here and it makes me wonder whether the development team would be better off and the game in general without him involved. People here seem to give me the vibes that he sees this as HIS which could be slowing progress. Perfectionism and the inability to back off for lack of a better term has derailed many projects.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby SPG » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: There was person on another forum making this same argument, they wouldn't back down once they were proven wrong time and time again. I wonder of its the same person. They are banned now, https://www.resetera.com/threads/shenmu ... ion.10919/ starts on 21st post and then continues for many pages.

I mean, it's just such a dumb argument, and mostly we are fools for even listening to such nonsense in the first place.

That guy/girls opinions seem to match my own very closely but it isn't me. I have never heard of that forum, I do post on Reddit and Twitter though.

https://twitter.com/S7P7G7
https://www.reddit.com/user/Single-Player-Gaming/

You'll know whether its me in a forum as I always try and use the name Single Player Gaming or some abbreviation of that.

As far as being a dumb argument, I don't see how it is. I've yet read anything that removes my doubts surrounding the project and as a Shenmue fan, I really would be happy to be wrong and have my doubts put at ease.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby adom11800 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:54 pm

I'm calling it now Shenmue 3 will be at Pax 2018 in April. I seriously hope so anyway..
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Gastarot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 am

The design quality of the old man is pretty high (in particulary when we compare before). If all is like this, Shenmue 3 will be a great game !
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby SPG » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 am

adom11800 wrote: I'm calling it now Shenmue 3 will be at Pax 2018 in April. I seriously hope so anyway..

I'd think they'd be at every event possible in some way or another. With Shemue being a cult fan base I'd have thought events like these would help attract the casual gamers. A TV ad would be great closer to release time but I'd imagine the budget wouldn't stretch that far.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 pm

I doubt they'd be at PAX. Will likely be either E3 or Gamescom.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kiske » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 am

What do you guys think about the new characters introduced since the deal with Lakshya Digital?

Personally, I love them! I would never have dreamed of such beautiful characters to be honest.

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Jibby » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 am

Kiske wrote: What do you guys think about the new characters introduced since the deal with Lakshya Digital?

I love the new characters. They really feel like what I'd expect from a 'next gen' Shenmue. People criticised Lakshya Digital when the came aboard, but I really think they've gone above and beyond.

Jibby has received a thanks from: Kiske
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KidMarine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:43 am

I really like the little girl and the shrine maiden, they look totally Shenmue, they fit pretty much perfectly. Not crazy about the old guy, he doesn't really look that Asian to me.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Kiske » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 am

KidMarine wrote: I really like the little girl and the shrine maiden, they look totally Shenmue, they fit pretty much perfectly. Not crazy about the old guy, he doesn't really look that Asian to me.

Maybe he isn't Asian but he's an old man from Occident who came in China to find inner peace when he was young and became a Martial Arts master? :P
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Kiske wrote: What do you guys think about the new characters introduced since the deal with Lakshya Digital?

Personally, I love them! I would never have dreamed of such beautiful characters to be honest.

I think they're on par with most of this generation's character models/graphics. I don't know why people are still so down on the game's graphics.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Sappharad » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Amir wrote: I doubt they'd be at PAX. Will likely be either E3 or Gamescom.

If they're not making release this year (which is still inconclusive at this point, but we need to have actual news to confirm their current progress/schedule) then I can see PSX being a better fit than E3. But Gamecom seems most appropriate.

E3 is primarily dominated by the big publishers and Sony's E3 presentations for the past 2 years always focused on high budget mainstream titles. They seemed to demote third-party stuff to the pre-show last year, as they announced a few things like the PS4 / Vita version of Undertale during that. At Gamecom Sony also focused their presentation on their stuff, but also gave priority to third party content from European developers, which was appropriate for the venue. At that point it was Deep Silver that handled their presence at the show. I can't see any reason for Deep Silver to have an E3 presence. There's not going to be a demo ready by that time.

If it slips to early 2018, PSX would be a great place for them to promote the game. Deep Silver already had a reasonable sized booth there last year to promote Kingdom Come, with some people dressed as Knights walking around; It seems like it would be a good event for them to participate in again since it's not as chaotic as E3. (And it would give me an excuse to attend for a third year in a row since I don't know of any other 2019 titles that I'd want to play at the event yet)
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Suzuki Yu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 am

i highly highly doubt lakshiya digtital has anything to do with those.
likely all important characters will be handled by the internal team/freelancers in Japan.
lakshyia digital was hired because there are so many characters they need to work on so they need to assign some of the job to them so that the main team can focus on what's important also it's cheaper and more efficient this way. no offence to the team but this is how usually these kind of contracts works for other projects within the industry and this the reason why such teams exist in the first place... they fit the bill for the kind of tasks they are hired for.

meaning if you have to classify the characters from high importance to > low importance
A > B > C > D

A&B characters will be dealt with in utmost care internally and with expert freelancers.
C&D characters will be dealt with using Lakshiya Digital resources. (and maybe other unannounced parties)

something like this.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:43 am

Suzuki Yu wrote:i highly highly doubt lakshiya digtital has nothing to do with those.
likely all important characters will be handled by the internal team/freelancers in Japan.
lakshyia digital was hired because there are so many characters they need to work on so they need to assign some of the job to them so that the main team can focus on what's important also it's cheaper and more efficient this way. no offence to the team but this is how usually these kind of contracts works for other projects within the industry and this the reason why such teams exist in the first place... they fit the bill for the kind of tasks they are hired for.

meaning if you have to classify the characters from high importance to > low importance
A > B > C > D

A&B characters will be dealt with in utmost care internally and with expert freelancers.
C&D characters will be dealt with using Lakshiya Digital resources. (and maybe other unannounced parties)

something like this.

How do you know Lakshya Digital has nothing to do with those?

The Temple Maid has been revealed with the Kickstarter update #77, the one that made public the deal with Lakshya Digital studios. It's fair to assume that they have something to do with that model.

I can't tell for sure about the old man and the little girl of course, but there's some level of detail and polishing in those 3 models that I didn't notice before the deal.

By the way, I'm not saying that Lakshya builds those models from scratch. As far as I know (we know) every model comes from Yu Suzuki's mind and every model has to be approved by him. The design and art direction of the models are and will always be YsNet job. They have regular meetings (video conference I guess) with Lakshya to review progress and give directions. By the way, Lakshya isn't a rock bottom studio. They have experience and talented people. It would be wrong to consider them nothing more than a second class studio.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III