SHENMUE 4 POSSIBLE Happy Console Gamer - Deleted Video

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

SHENMUE 4 POSSIBLE Happy Console Gamer - Deleted Video

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 am

Hi guys,

Saw a video by Happy Console Gamer saying that Yu Suzuki mentioned that Shenmue III's ending will be open ended for Shenmue IV \:D/

When I searched for the video again I couldn't find it, I thought I must have dreamt it. Anyway, I found a link to the video showing that it has been deleted.

Do you think that the information was wrong, and Shenmue III wont be open ended. and that's why he deleted it?
Kirino_Matsuyama
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: SHENMUE 4 POSSIBLE Happy Console Gamer - Deleted Video

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 am

Kirino_Matsuyama wrote: Hi guys,

Saw a video by Happy Console Gamer saying that Yu Suzuki mentioned that Shenmue III's ending will be open ended for Shenmue IV \:D/

When I searched for the video again I couldn't find it, I thought I must have dreamt it. Anyway, I found a link to the video showing that it has been deleted.

Do you think that the information was wrong, and Shenmue III wont be open ended. and that's why he deleted it?

Well, Shenmue III's ending being open-ended was stated by Yu Suzuki himself, so there's no chance the information was wrong. Maybe the video was flagged for use of copyrighted footage, or something to that degree, and he pulled it himself? He might be planning on editing out the 'violating' footage and re-uploading the video.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Niowiad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:14 am

I didn't see the video. I've seen people discussing the cliffhanger thing on some thread in this forum (don't remember which one though).

Anyway, I could be wrong but I interpreted the whole thing being entirely centered on the ending of Shenmue3 rather than hinting at the possibilities for the fourth game, which has always been my biggest worry since they announced the kickstarter.
I mean, we've always known the saga (with all the chapters left) wasn't going to be complete in just three games.

Seeing "SHENMUE4 POSSIBLE" in the title... I was hoping for something different :king:
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Streamer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:19 pm

Yes, I've seen the video too. Here is the link with video description: https://www.letsplayindex.com/videos/15927523-shenmue-4-possible-happy-console-gamer-happyconsolegamer

Very strange , no idea why the video has been deleted.
Streamer
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Telekill » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:25 pm

We've known for over a year now that Shenmue 3 would not be the ending to the series as Suzuki stated as much shortly after the Kickstarter ended. Ever since then, my main worry has been if there will ever be a Shenmue 4 to potentially complete the saga. Yu stated that he could potentially cram the ending of the series into a 4th game but would prefer the ability to make a 5th for the ending.

It really all hinges on the success of the 3rd game and how the involved publisher sees as their chances for getting a return profit out of the series.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby James Brown » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:43 pm

I watched the video when it was up, and I can only imagine that it was deleted because John (Happy Console Gamer) considers himself a massive Shenmue fan, and he made the video as though all the news was brand new, and he was excited about there potentially being a Shenmue 4...he probably found out later that the news had been around since 2015, and didn't want to appear to be jumping on the clickbait Shenmue bandwagon or something?
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby KiBa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Very unusual for John to pull a Shenmue video.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jibby » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Mmh, I think we're reading too much into it. We already know from interviews that Shenmue III won't conclude the story, so I don't think there's any conspiracy or noteworthy info here.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:09 am

Maybe John (Happy Console Gamer) made the video with genuine happiness because he's a Shenmue fan but decided to delete it when he noticed that this actually fantastic news was mostly used by the usual clickbait medias and haters to spit venomous comments on the series and Yu Suzuki.

I saw the video when it was still up and didn't notice anything that could infringe a copyright.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Return to Shenmue III