Sega Festival 2018 - FES

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

Postby James Brown » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Peter wrote: I was so confused though. Shenmue was number 4, so what were 3,2 and 1?

When i seen Shenmue was 4 i was sure it wasnt going to happen.

3 was Virtual On (which I guess got a crossover release already), 2 was Jet Set Radio (weird they didn't do anything with this!) and number 1 was Sakura Wars which was then followed by the announcement of a brand new release in the Sakura Wars series!

So in theory, Shenmue was quite lucky to get something being 4th, and JSR got nothing being 2nd :D...but this was a Japanese poll, apparently Shenmue was number 1 outside of Japan!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby lavrentis » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:21 pm

This event totally passed me by until I heard of S1+S2 HD.

Anyone reckon there will be more Shenmue activity, I'm in Tokyo so might head down if so.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 am

Jumping the gun, obviously, but now that Sega is 'supporting' Shenmue, I have a good feeling we're going to see some Sega arcade games in Shenmue 3. Hopefully it doesn't cost the team an arm and a leg, but I have a feeling the rights have at least been offered. I feel strongly that it is in Sega's best interest to make the most out of what is going on with Shenmue right now. There is potential to reclaim the franchise from failure, especially with the momentum that they're riding right now. I think Sega would be wise to nurture this renewed interest in the Shenmue franchise. Who knows? Maybe we'll see their logo on Shenmue IV! O:)
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Pollito Diablo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 am

Sakura Wars was a big news. I just only hope we will have also a release in PS4/Switch/X1 and english subtitles, it was so frustrating to never have a fantrad of the four first games :cry: .

I'm really happy right now with Sega, Sakura Wars, Sonic Mania, Shenmue I&II, Yakuza 6 released today, the Yakuza Kiwamis, the Megadrive Mini, Valkyria Chronicles 4...Just give us Virtua Fighter 6 and i will be the happiest man in the world.

Pollito Diablo has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Pollito Diablo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby darksniper » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:40 am

Senpai Gamer wrote:
darksniper wrote:
Senpai Gamer wrote: It could be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. Why else would they tweet back at the twitter user who mentioned Shenmue 1 and 2 HD specifically. Im just saying or hoping it IS Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. The release of Shenmue 3 is end of this year, so announcing it now and releasing it post E3 2018 would make sense.

Because this is Sega we're talking about here. Optimism and Sega don't belong in the same sentence. Remember that Ben Harbourne guy who said "we may be working" on Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia with a shit eating grin? That shit eating grin wasn't because they were actually working on the game, but moreso because he knew Sega doesn't give a damn about consumer demands. At this point I'd believe Adam Doree more than an official Sega tweet.

At best we're getting Yakuza 7. But we'll see. I'm tired of Sega botching what could be a perfect storm of Shenmue leading up to the release of 3.

You were saying? Always have optimism my friend. [-o<

I'm extremely glad to be wrong in this case. I'll take it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III