Only another $131K for next Kickstarter Goal

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you think we will reach the Kickstarter next goal? (Total votes: 26)

Poll ended at Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:19 am

Yes
62%
No
38%

Only another $131K for next Kickstarter Goal

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:19 am

There's just $131K left for the next stretch goal.

Not sure exactly what the 'Battle System Expanded - AI Battling' is going to be, but it'll be great to have more advanced features added to the battling system.

Do you guys think that we will make it to this goal in time?

P.S. sorry I put this under Shenmue HD >_<
Last edited by Kirino_Matsuyama on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirino_Matsuyama
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: Only another $131K for next Kickstarter Goal

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:40 am

AI Battling System was described by Yu in a Dualshockers interview from 2015 as an intelligent system that will allow Ryo to "step in" to his attacks to make them hit, if he's just out of range of the enemy's hitbox.

It's possibly already been included at this stage. Either by Ys Net managing to stretch the budget further than imagined, or simply through Deep Silver's investment last year. Hitting $7 million feels more like a symbolic goal personally, but I still think it would be great if we hit it.

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: Kirino_Matsuyama, Telekill, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:16 am

Spaghetti wrote: AI Battling System was described by Yu in a Dualshockers interview from 2015 as an intelligent system that will allow Ryo to "step in" to his attacks to make them hit, if he's just out of range of the enemy's hitbox.

It's possibly already been included at this stage. Either by Ys Net managing to stretch the budget further than imagined, or simply through Deep Silver's investment last year. Hitting $7 million feels more like a symbolic goal personally, but I still think it would be great if we hit it.

Nice, thanks for explaining it to me. Really looking forward to Shenmue III, and still can't believe that we are going to get Shenmue HD too \:D/
Kirino_Matsuyama

Postby BlueMue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 am

I always saw 7 million as the ultimate goal of the whole slacker backer thing so I hope it will reach that figure, regardless of it giving any more features to the game.

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Kirino_Matsuyama, Telekill, VukBZ2005
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 am

I'd say the concept of the stretch goals are now pretty redundant at this stage of development. With extra funding coming from Deep Silver, as well as possibly Sony, an extra studio was brought on board, and elements of the stretch goal table would have been decided upon from a relatively realistic time frame of development.

As for the PayPal staying open, well, why wouldn't they leave it open? It's still a way for money to come in for, I dunno, pie and stuff.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Kirino_Matsuyama, Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:30 am

I didn't realise that Deep Silver were giving additional funding, so the game's development is in even safer hands.

Btw, I feel kind of privileged having responses from 3 pillars of the Shenmue community O:) Might sound a little cheesy :D , but thanks for all you do for the Shenmue community.
Kirino_Matsuyama

Postby James Brown » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:53 am

Be interesting to see if the Paypal starts to pick up speed again after people have had chance to fall in love with 1&2 remasters... :-k

James Brown has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby alexh86 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 am

I wonder how relevant these stretch goals are at this point. They were written before anyone was sure the project would even hit its original $2m goal. Since then they've signed on Deep Silver as a publisher which supposedly injected cash and allowed them to rethink the scope of the project. Even if they are still relevant, at what point is it too late in the development cycle to build new core mechanics to the fighting system?
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby adom11800 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:17 pm

From what I remember Yu said that because of Deep Silver he can now make the game more open world, as well as 50npc's have turned into 200. It's likely that the $7million goal has been reached now without crowd funding but I guess we can't be too sure. Hopefully anyway!
adom11800

Postby Telekill » Fri May 04, 2018 11:59 am

I agree with Spaghetti and BlueMue. It's more symbolic at this point to reach the $7 mil marker from backers.

I'm actually surprised that the slacker backer is still open and accepting donations.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Spaghetti » Fri May 04, 2018 12:19 pm

Eh... it makes sense to keep it open for as long as possible, even if the money isn't impacting development much anymore. It cuts out the retail middle men and allows the developer/publisher to keep a larger share of the revenue from that source.

Bloodstained are doing something similar; their slacker backer operation is wrapping up soonish and the game will likely release not long after.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Centrale » Fri May 04, 2018 3:08 pm

With the daily average being over $300, that is covering the annual salaries of at least two employees at over $50,000 per year. Hell yes it makes sense to keep it open when it's generating that kind of income!

Centrale has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Tosh » Thu May 10, 2018 7:07 am

i think they have enough money to make way more content than they thought at first.
the guys who started the kickstarter campaign for Kingdom Come Deliverance needed a budget of 5 mil US dollar.
they recieved 2 mil through Kickstarter.
after the deal with Koch Media, they had a budget of 35 mil US dollar. (game development + marketing + advertising)

so i think we are way ahead of the 7 mil US dollars for Shenmue 3. but we know that there probably will be
a Shenmue 4 and maybe 5, so it doesnt hurt to keep donating.
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby WildManofBorneo » Thu May 17, 2018 11:04 am

As of May 17, 2018 12:00 JST

Total Amount Pledged
$6,891,136
Total Backers
75,957 backers

Only $109k to go!!

WildManofBorneo has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, James Brown, VukBZ2005