Chapters

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Chapters

Postby Telekill » Mon May 07, 2018 8:27 pm

I really like the graphic of the chapters in the original post. I had never seen that before. It gives a vague idea of what the rest of Ryo's journey may entail.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby dietsoap » Wed May 09, 2018 9:51 am

Telekill wrote: I really like the graphic of the chapters in the original post. I had never seen that before. It gives a vague idea of what the rest of Ryo's journey may entail.
It's from Suzuki's Shenmue postmortem at GDC. It was depressing but also extremely interesting to watch before Shenmue 3 was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2l2qKH85Xk
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Scribe86 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:59 pm

The Chapters seem to have evolved from what number or order they originally were. I mean if we look at the tiles from the GDC post-mortem; Tile #1 is Shenmue 1, Tiles #2 & #5 are Shenmue 2. As someone said #3 may have been skipped. But personally if we were still working with these Tiles & going by footage we have seen .. I think Shenmue 3 will consist of #4, #6, #7 & #9 (and possibly elements from cut tile #3 train) as a travel sequence, as Ren is definitely going to make a reappearance.

Leaving us with #8,#10 &#11 for Shenmue 4. I know 4 tiles worth of content into a Shenmue 3 is a lot, considering we had 1 in 1 & 2 tiles worth in 2 but we are in quite deep to the story now and this entry will contain some of the real meat & potatoes of the narrative so I think it’s a possibility.

My Observations:
Ziming looks to be in tiles #4 & #7
Tile #9 could be the scene where Ryo is fighting the henchman at the Great Wall seen in trailer
Also not sure if I’m right but could that be the new hand maiden character in the back, bottom left of tile #7 ?
Scribe86
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Previous

Return to Shenmue III