Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Postby ianpm31 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

A 4 year development window makes much more sense so really this was all expected. This game cannot be rushed and I'm glad Deep Silver is giving Yu more time to further work on the game. We have the HD collections to hold us tight until Shenmue 3's release.

ianpm31 has received a thanks from: celsowm
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:07 pm

With Shenmue I&II HD coming this year and taking note of how well its selling. That is going to help.
I'm glad they are polishing the game to make it the best it can be but its not like we have seen a lot of even what the game looks like today. All I'm hoping for, as well as others is just to see what the game looks like in it's current build.

Wouldn't it make so much sense to show the game at E3 even with the infamous 'in development' heading during the video. Even see Ryo walking around and talking to NPC's would make a HUGE difference to the delay.

If they don't show the game at E3 then I'm just gonna act like the game won't be out until 2020. Still, this is good news though and I hope Shenmue 3 is going to be as good as it looks.
adom11800
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Jibby » Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Technophilz wrote:Yup, and it's really hard to outperform them..

Right, you've said your piece and succeeded in convincing me with your contradictions that the only reason you post here is to deliberately wind people up.

You cannot complain that the project is not of a high enough quality for your liking and then complain when they take extra time to address the concerns. We're not going to play along with your game. It will not be tolerated here.

I'm going to administer a 30 day suspension and by the time it's over I hope you will have dropped the act and not continue to play us as fools.

Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Elevensixty » Wed May 16, 2018 3:42 pm

This is great news.
1. more time to develop
2. proves funds are holding up
3. gives SEGA time to polish 1&2
4. gives fans and new players time to experience 1&2 new releases

THANK YOU to all the supporters, the pre-order success is absolutely encouraging, and surely had a part in the extension of production. This will help Shenmue long-term as 1&2, then 3, will fall into place better, setting the pacing, the demand, and financial support for 4.

Elevensixty has received 2 thanks from: adom11800, KidMarine
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby darksniper » Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Sometimes I wish whoever is in charge of the marketing team to handle situations like this the same way the DNF team did it.

Question: When's Duke Nukem Forever coming out?

Answer: When it's done

/topic
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby darksniper » Wed May 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Jibby wrote:
Technophilz wrote:Yup, and it's really hard to outperform them..

Right, you've said your piece and succeeded in convincing me with your contradictions that the only reason you post here is to deliberately wind people up.

You cannot complain that the project is not of a high enough quality for your liking and then complain when they take extra time to address the concerns. We're not going to play along with your game. It will not be tolerated here.

I'm going to administer a 30 day suspension and by the time it's over I hope you will have dropped the act and not continue to play us as fools.

That 30 day suspension should begin once any major Shenmue news drops. Or else it would be pointless as he's not going to post within that 30 day period anyway.

EDIT: This is not an intent on how the mods should/should not do their job here, I'm just as sick of reading his garbage just as much as anyone else.
Last edited by darksniper on Wed May 16, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Centrale » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 pm

darksniper wrote: That 30 day suspension should begin once any major Shenmue news drops. Or else it would be pointless as he's not going to post within that 30 day period anyway.

:lol: That's true! The dude literally only shows up on the day of an update to moan and then we don't see him again until the next update. He contributes nothing to the forum the entire rest of the time.

Centrale has received 2 thanks from: darksniper, Spaghetti
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jibby » Wed May 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Whatever happens happens. If news drops and he decides to ignore the warning then further action will be taken as required.

Jibby has received 2 thanks from: darksniper, Spaghetti
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 pm

In other news: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-16-thq-nordic-posts-revenue-increase-of-673-percent-following-acquisition-of-koch-media

THQ Nordic posts 673% revenue increase following acquisition of Koch Media. Excluding Koch Media revenue, THQ Nordic still up 64 per cent.

Guess we know how they're funding the delay.

EDIT: Also, Shenmue III showed up on a THQ Nordic slideshow presented today, with the classic logo again...

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: gillian_seed, Switch
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ianpm31 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Possible logo change?

Edit: Beaten lol

ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Wed May 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Snap.

I personally wouldn't read into it, given how many slideshows from different companies have gone back and forth on which logo. Shibuya Productions used all three Shenmue III logos at their MAGIC conference, THQ Nordic used the Yu calligraphy logo in the slides when they bought Deep Silver, etc.

Seems Ys Net are the only ones who've been consistent, whether you like the new logo or not.

Maybe they'll settle on one across the board when new key art gets released.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby abaww » Wed May 16, 2018 4:49 pm

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed, it's just May but this means 7 months won't be enough for Shenmue III. It seems clear the work is behind schedule. Anyway, I've been waiting for 15years, so it won't be a problem to wait some more months if the game will benefit. I need Shenmue HD ASAP.
abaww
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: abaww

Postby ShenGCH » Wed May 16, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm fine with this. Shenmue I & II HD (and its subsequent PC mods [-o< ) will provide players with enough entertainment before Shenmue III drops in a better state, and at a much better time, than it originally would have.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Perfectly fine with this, it's only going to make the game better. And proves Yu's high standards is still in tact.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Valascaziel » Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Going to go out on a limb with extrapolation here and say that, while disappointing news, this may be one of the things Adam Koralik hinted could happen, in a way.

Deep Silver and THQ Nordic fund up another delay to increase the scope and development of Shenmue III in the wake of Shenmue HDs solid pre-order numbers, so it'll become one of their prominent titles in an already impressive portfolio, rather than the slightly popular AA game people anticipated.

Extreme extrapolation, but I feel the response to the original games being re-released and their subsequent popularity in being revered as classics caused a pause to consider more time and funds to not disappoint fans with a rushed entry.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III