New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Sorry, had to snip that gif there.

I agree with the sentiment of the post though, although I'd point out that shot of Ryo and Shenhua walking we had today is not the shot of them walking alongside the Shenmue tree from the January screen/cam-rip video.

It's the same shot as before the "Shenmue III" logo appears in the public Gamescom video.

Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Sorry, had to snip that gif there.

I agree with the sentiment of the post though, although I'd point out that shot of Ryo and Shenhua walking we had today is not the shot of them walking alongside the Shenmue tree from the January screen/cam-rip video.

It's the same shot as before the "Shenmue III" logo appears in the public Gamescom video.

It's alright. I'll use this picture instead. Cheerio!

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Valascaziel » Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Upon having time to look at it more closely, I do see a host of improvements, but I really still long for a closer look at the game as it stands now.

Thanks for the detailed response. I wonder if we'll get more information during E3, if not necessarily at E3. I would love a statement from Yu stating how the scope has increased, such as what features are now in that weren't reached via stretch goals, but enabled due to Deep Silver and UE4 versatility.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Don't think we should expect any information at all during E3, it'll be nice if it happens but we shouldn't expect it. How many times have fans felt disappointed because they were expecting something that was never promised. Stop doing it.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Videos from banned members will not be posted on this site.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51584
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Putting them together, Ryo is night and mother fuckin' day.

Top gif Ryo is: "I wish I was playing Hang On *sigh* >:("

----

Yeah, don't go into E3 with any expectations to see Shenmue III. A return to Gamescom is the one to watch for, although I'm still hedging my bets on that because of allusions to Paris Games Week from last year.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Niowiad » Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm

Shenhua looks very different from the original games, CG and artworks but she is very beautiful... don't know if that's final but I would be more than happy if they keep her like this.

Very curious to see how Ryo ends up looking like in the final release, don't know why but I feel like he'll change quite a lot by the end of the development.
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm

The whole aesthetic looks quite different from the originals IMO
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby darksniper » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Truthfully it's crazy that they have shown us really nothing at this point. We still have not seen actual gameplay footage of Shenmue III in motion. That's what I'm waiting on. Right now what we've seen so far of "Shenmue III" seems like this is nothing more than Project Berkley Pt.3 footage. A lot of clips that can and probably will be subject to change.

Won't be surprised if the real Shenmue III doesn't show up until around PSX 2018. Ryo and Shenhua are looking better. But let's see those Ren, Lan Di, and Niao Sun models so we can really see where the game is at.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 17, 2018 7:19 pm

To be honest, with how ruthless gamers (even fans) can be, it's for the better, we are not used to seeing real in-development footage, and trying to make a slice polished to show off a little might sidetrack a small team for not much in return.

Though I don't know how could a few seconds of ryo running around be worse than those robotlooking closeups in the actual teaser lol

shredingskin has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

They could have showed Ryo walking around Bailu but really, why would they?

I don't think this video was put together with the understanding it'd be analysed and scrutinised as much as it has. In perspective, it's less than 10 seconds of unseen footage in a financial presentation and has gotten far more attention than it really deserves, considering.

It's treading over old ground while still demonstrating progress.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Spaghetti wrote: They could have showed Ryo walking around Bailu but really, why would they?

To make it look like an actual game and not a flytrough of a 3d scene.
We are still referencing pretty old video of ryo opening a cupboard to see something that brings us the memories of the game (or that pic with ryo in the night with the lightpost).

I'm not talking about this trailer though, I'm talking mostly about the original gamescom one.
I just think it does look better than what they showed (in many cases due to the video editing).

It just gives the sense of a more "advanced" state, while it may just be changing the mesh on the UEtpc template.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby iyapol » Fri May 18, 2018 1:38 am

'New' footage is always welcome, but the PR side of things is still a bit of a mess - it's just so random how material is 'released'. Time for some much needed continuity.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:00 am

Like some fellows have said, we have seen several scenes but not actual gameplay, just seeing Ryo walking around bailu would be great.

About this "new" trailer, I can see many things updated and some enhancements, animations above all and models estructure, some of them are a bit getle though.

I can undertand what Suzuki said about showing "real progress",sometimes it's difficult to measure improvements because they are not graphics related, it could be sounds, mechanics...etc. But, maybe they just don't show more real and updated progress because they simply don't want to, to impact a bit more later at a show, maybe because DS don't allow them...who knows.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby SheepheadCG » Fri May 18, 2018 4:08 am

iyapol wrote: 'New' footage is always welcome, but the PR side of things is still a bit of a mess - it's just so random how material is 'released'. Time for some much needed continuity.

I see what you mean, but I honestly think that DS are on top of it now. This new footage that we have uncovered, was not given to us. It wasn't part of the backer update or anything like that and is a total of about 5 seconds of new stuff, that they probably thought that a very small amount of people would see. I also bet they didn't think that there would be articles about it... lol

I think we should all wait until Deep Silver come out and say "Here is some new footage of Shenmue 3". At that point, it will be something that they are ready to show, and I think that is when we will have our first "real" look at the game.

SheepheadCG has received 2 thanks from: Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III